August 16, 2018, 02:15:04 AM

Author Topic: WHERE TO BUY FOREIGN PRODUCTS  (Read 99204 times)

Offline DPkorea

• Explorer
Re: WHERE TO BUY FOREIGN PRODUCTS
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
Excellent thanks so much! I've been looking for some decent online places to buy stuff. The only one I'd heard of was nicemarket, which was already mentioned.

Offline livzy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2012, 01:45:37 PM »
The indoor market in Bosan-dong has some foreign foods, not as good as Itaewon but, apart from Cheese, has most items. It's a bit tricky to direct you there, but it's opposite the Lotteria and behind the Caffe Bene.

Offline Apple

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »
Is www.healthkoreaus.com still the only place for waygookin to buy workout suppliments online? Do they have an english version of the website? If anyone has a better recommendation for getting workout suppliments online delivered to a korean address, would love to hear it thanks!

Would buying from Amazon.com mean very expensive shipping to Korea?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:50:49 AM by Apple »

Offline SMOE NSET

• Adventurer
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »
If you are in the Bundang/Suji area there are two stores named I Love Cookie that sell many western products.

Baking ingredients and materials (pans, etc)
Spices
Mixes
Cereals
Candy (lots of choices including Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)
Canned goods (huge selection)
Frozen Foods (hot pockets, sausages, Pilsbury items, bacon)
Candles (Yankee Candles)
Medicine (Tylenol, advil, tums, etc)
Japanese products
Cheeses (many kinds)
Energy drinks
Beers
Sour Cream
etc

One in Bundang is near Jeongja Station in the Paragon Complex.
One in Suji is near Day Park.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:39:46 PM by SMOE NSET »

Offline namewithwords

• Newgookin
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2012, 08:35:08 AM »
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can buy Vegemite?

Ochodnid

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
Hey,

Does anyone know where I can buy Vegemite?

There are many international stores in Itaewon and I know I have seen it here before. I am not sure which store though.

Offline lynch

• Explorer
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2012, 07:54:41 PM »
There is a great place in HBC in the Itawon dong area called "Pinoy mart", it is pretty small but it has a great selection of western foods and drinks and at a good price. Walk straight up HBC and its on the left about 30metres after "Indigos cafe".

Offline Superchick3

• Veteran
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2012, 08:27:53 AM »
I believe that I have seen vegimite in E-Mart in Yongsan. I would reccomend Namdemun. They have import shops and they will haggle down the price.

Offline skippy

• Expert Waygook
  • E2/hagwon/Canuck
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
For the vegemite check with Tony's in Itaewon.   He does have a homepage and facebook page.
http://tonysitaewon.com/home.html

If you read the FAQ he comments he does sell vegemite you just have to call him to check if he has in stock.
http://tonysitaewon.com/about.html#faq
Please consider adding some info to your "Personal Text"  Like type of school, visa status, county of origin.  These little bits of info can help people help you.

Offline padme

• Adventurer
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that E-mart is selling ladies Niveo deodorant for around 3000 won and when I got it earlier this week it was buy one get one free! :)

Offline jauntwithjo

• Veteran
If you live in Seoul, Gangdong-gu
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
There's a really well-stocked place to get American snacks (Nerds, Gushers, Chips Ahoy, Lays chips of several flavors, Flaming Cheetohs just to name what I get) inside the mall at Olympic Park Station. It's the same price as the Itaewon shops, and for Dongseoul people, less travel!

Out exit 2, it's the huge building in front of you that looks like a J. Enter the mall through the entrance near the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (there's a Jamba Juice and Burger King in the plaza too). Follow the arch until it opens up. Otherwise, wander a bit--it's at the bend of the "J".

They have Air Heads, Pixie Stix, Pop Rocks and a lot of Japanese candy too. Closes around 8 or 9 on the weekday, I think.
Before you create a thread, remember waygook.org has a search engine! Please help keep the redundancy down. Do a little research of your own before making a thread in case the information is already available.

Offline dwebster84

• Newgookin
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2012, 06:24:30 AM »
Wow a lot of great resources.  Thanks for that list.

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
If you are in the Bundang/Suji area there are two stores named I Love Cookie that sell many western products.

Baking ingredients and materials (pans, etc)
Spices
Mixes
Cereals
Candy (lots of choices including Reese's Peanut Butter Cups)
Canned goods (huge selection)
Frozen Foods (hot pockets, sausages, Pilsbury items, bacon)
Candles (Yankee Candles)
Medicine (Tylenol, advil, tums, etc)
Japanese products
Cheeses (many kinds)
Energy drinks
Beers
Sour Cream
etc

One in Bundang is near Jeongja Station in the Paragon Complex.
One in Suji is near Day Park.

These are my own 2 cents after visiting "I LOVE COOKIE" at Jeongja Station.

When I first went, it was closed. The sign plainly says in English "Closed on the first and third Sunday of the month." So I returned the next day. The size of the store is rather small, but they cram a lot of goodies into the shop. I visited Haddon House last weekend, and while I was impressed with the selection, I was very disappointed by the prices. I couldn't imagine anyone spending 35,000won for a small box of splenda or 9,000 for one energy drink. I think their prices are outrageous at Haddon House.

I decided to head to I love cookie because I often go to Jeongja Station. I returned yesterday in the pouring rain and found several goodies. Some things were priced a bit too high, but some things I found reasonable. Of course they have to make a profit, but I think 7500 for a cake mix is a little high. I could see 6000won being more fair.

Anyways, what I found interesting for myself there:
-Yakisoba Noodles from Japan 7000won
-Okonomiyaki Sauce from Japan ( I think this is easy to get elsewhere) 4500won
-A&W Root Beer 1000won per can (best price I saw in Korea)
-Vanilla Extract 7000won for 2 fl oz (same as the internet)
-Oscar Meyer Roast Beef 13oz pack 7000won
-Hebrew National Hot Dog Franks 24pk 11000won
-Chorizo Sausages from a US Distributor 24 pack(?) 18,000won

Other things
-A whole turkey was tucked away in the freezer
-Cheese
-Soda
-Kool-ade in the tub (not the individual packages)
-Sauces
-Baking supplies
-Baking dishes (I saw some PYREX stuff too)
-Oscar Meyer Sandwich Ham 1.5lbs 12,000won
-Oscar Meyer Lunchables (I only saw the small ones)
-Other Oscar Meyer Lunchmeats
-Other hot dog brands

This link also shows where to go from the station. If you go up exit 5 and turn around 180 degrees and cross the street and turn left and walk to the first crosswalk, cross it and then look for an opening in the apartment building right next to you. Go in there and you will see some shops on the left. http://dansoonie.tistory.com/657

I recommend this store and I will do quite a bit more shopping there. I really dislike Itaewon, so knowing that this store is easy to get to for me and is far from downtown Seoul is a HUGE bonus for me.

I am also including information on the other store in Suji: http://blog.naver.com/mrstotoro?Redirect=Log&logNo=70101859037

Offline padme

• Adventurer
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »
about the nivea deodorant, I guess it was just a special for the town I used to live in. When I saw it at an E-mart in Seoul it was 7000 won per stick :( Anyway, it has extra whitening power if that offers any consolation? haha

Offline klv_tx

• Waygookin
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2013, 12:20:09 PM »
I would suggest www.expatmart.co.kr. They have hard to find products like cilantro and okra. If you live in Suwon, try I Love Cookie near Home Plus.

Offline asj

• Explorer
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »
There's a small yet diverse store in Hongdae, on the same street at Julios that sells a lot of imported goods. Prices are, well, pricey, but that's expected. Can't recall the name, but they have a small tent outside where you can drink wine and eat whatever you've purchased in the store. I'll come back and edit this with the name when I pass it again.

Offline rjhisle1973

• Adventurer
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19:22 PM »
In Itaewon there is What The Book. They also have a webpage http://www.whatthebook.com/

There is Auction.co.kr which is owned by ebay. Gmarket is owned by Amazon.
11st is another online auction. Also, for book lovers many books can be ordered from Amazon.com and shipped to Korean fairly cheaply.
Kyobo bookstore is another option.

Online jupinkorea

• Super Waygook
  • 18:32
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
In Itaewon there is What The Book. They also have a webpage http://www.whatthebook.com/

There is Auction.co.kr which is owned by ebay. Gmarket is owned by Amazon.
11st is another online auction. Also, for book lovers many books can be ordered from Amazon.com and shipped to Korean fairly cheaply.
Kyobo bookstore is another option.

Gmarket is a subsidiary of eBay Inc.
"North Korea everything sunny all the time, always good time, beach party" Johnny Mountain

Online TheEnergizer

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »
Anyone know of foreign stores in Incheon? I usually go to Itaewon to get things like Reese's, taco mix, etc, but only once or twice every two months because it's an annoying trip to make.

Offline Socrates2080

• Veteran
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2013, 09:04:05 AM »
Thanks for all of the good links. A lot of good stuff in this post. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned anything in Ulsan, but there is a small foreiners Mart near Lotte Department store and also a new Costco near the Ulsan airport.