June 23, 2018, 04:24:13 PM

Author Topic: Where can I find frozen vegetables?  (Read 755 times)

Offline lynnea.lenamond

• Explorer
Where can I find frozen vegetables?
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
Do there exist here? Because I can't seem to find them. As much as I love the fresh, cheap produce from street markets, I either buy a lot and it goes bad, or buy a smidgen and have to go every 3 days or so. Back in college, I lived off a frozen vegetables. They are so convenient, especially when you live alone. Throw them in soups, pastas, steam them! Yaaas. I haven't been able to find them at E-mart or Homeplus. Maybe bigger ones would have them???

Help.

Online OnNut81

• Super Waygook
Re: Where can I find frozen vegetables?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 12:23:41 PM »
You can usually find the Normandy Blend at Costco if there is one near you.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 12:26:45 PM »
Do there exist here? Because I can't seem to find them. As much as I love the fresh, cheap produce from street markets, I either buy a lot and it goes bad, or buy a smidgen and have to go every 3 days or so. Back in college, I lived off a frozen vegetables. They are so convenient, especially when you live alone. Throw them in soups, pastas, steam them! Yaaas. I haven't been able to find them at E-mart or Homeplus. Maybe bigger ones would have them???

Help.

They do, sometimes it's a bit hit or miss. Personally I've found Lotte has the best selection in my area.

I buy them on Coupang now and I know they're on Gmarket too. Gmarket will be easiest but Coupang has the best deals.

If you're new then its worth figuring out how to use Coupang because it's so convenient. If you use Chrome it'll translate.

Frozen veg on Coupang: http://www.coupang.com/np/search?q=%EB%83%89%EB%8F%99&brand=&offerCondition=&filter=&availableDeliveryFilter=&filterType=&isPriceRange=false&priceRange=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&page=1&trcid=&traid=&filterSetByUser=true&channel=user&component=194332&rating=0&sorter=scoreDesc&listSize=36

Better Gmarket Link: http://gsearch.gmarket.co.kr/Listview/Search?keyword=%EB%83%89%EB%8F%99&GdlcCd=100000020&type=LIST&page=1&pageSize=60&searchType=LIST&IsOversea=False&isDiscount=False&isGmileage=False&isGStamp=False&listType=LIST&IsBookCash=False&IsGlobalSort=True&CurrPage=srp&isGlobalSite=true
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:28:29 PM by Pennypie »

Offline AnthroInKorea28

• Adventurer
  • I need a drink... a very stiff drink.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »
Gmarket, I can get a decent sized bag for around 4,500 won, also Costco has them. I will try to post links later.
“The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”
― Mark Twain

Offline ESLTurtle

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »
Why in bloody hell would you want to buy frozen processed vegetables, mate?!!  :rolleyes:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 01:42:20 PM »
god i miss frozen peas. any leads? i never see them in supermarkets

Online Lazio

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
Emartmall often has them. That is the online version of Emart. You may get lucky and find it in an actual Emart but most likely won't. I will try to upload a picture of it later. That is some good stuff. Not that expensive either. 450g for little under 3000 krw.
Years ago I bought some frozen peas from one of those foreign goods stores in Itaewon. It was so bad I ended up throwing it out. Didn't cook after an hour of boiling it and had a bad taste too. Soon you will find local fresh green peas sold at the markets. Avoid those as well like plague. Bitter, hard. Maybe it would be good for cattle feed but not for human consumption.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:33:09 PM by Lazio »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
god i miss frozen peas. any leads? i never see them in supermarkets
FreshMart near the French School on Seorae-ro often has them, but they are about 13,000 KRW.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 10:26:48 AM »
Why in bloody hell would you want to buy frozen processed vegetables, mate?!!  :rolleyes:

Because they are often fresher/healthier than fresh ones.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
E Mart has had some.  You got to search around to find them.  They are usually in one of the smaller fridges away from the regular freezers.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »

Cooking for 1 person, storage, and cost? Not ideal, but if all you're making is "I need filler vegetable Fried Rice" or some crap like that, who cares?

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2018, 11:51:57 AM »
I recently found a small wholesale/restaurant supply grocery store in my town. I don't know the exact name of that type of store, but ask around.

도매식자재마트

Something similar to this, but not this exact store: http://www.kingsale.co.kr/

They have frozen vegetables, Italian imported canned tomatoes (the big ones), and other wholesale size stuff. It is pretty handy and definitely cheaper than Emart.

Offline kiwikimchi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2018, 12:41:28 PM »
You can find them in a lot of places. Try online or an Asian mart, I always see them there. I bet you have trouble finding deodorant also. (can be found on gmarket, coupang art, lotte mart, department stores, beauty stores etc)

Offline ESLTurtle

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »
Weird white vegetarian yoga marble white people..  :rolleyes:

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 01:45:27 PM »
Weird white vegetarian yoga marble white people..  :rolleyes:
Who dis? Is he new? The newest troll?

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 01:46:19 PM »
You can find them in a lot of places. Try online or an Asian mart, I always see them there. I bet you have trouble finding deodorant also. (can be found on gmarket, coupang art, lotte mart, department stores, beauty stores etc)

Finding deodorant here isn't easy. If you do find it, it is twice the price or more and half the size of a stick back home. I still have people send me ones from back home because of this.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »
I recently found a small wholesale/restaurant supply grocery store in my town. I don't know the exact name of that type of store, but ask around.

도매식자재마트

Something similar to this, but not this exact store: http://www.kingsale.co.kr/

They have frozen vegetables, Italian imported canned tomatoes (the big ones), and other wholesale size stuff. It is pretty handy and definitely cheaper than Emart.

Frozen are healthy as they are picked and frozen.  Canned will have preservatives and or other things in them. 

Offline kiwikimchi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »

Finding deodorant here isn't easy. If you do find it, it is twice the price or more and half the size of a stick back home. I still have people send me ones from back home because of this.

Oh the "deodorant in Korea myth" Rubbish! If you can't find deodorant in Korea then you either have a vision impairment or are oblivious to your surroundings.

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 02:13:26 PM »

Oh the "deodorant in Korea myth" Rubbish! If you can't find deodorant in Korea then you either have a vision impairment or are oblivious to your surroundings.

Kind of like your impairment to actually reading what I posted. It isn't finding deodorant you sheep plugger, it is finding the right size for the right price.  :rolleyes:

http://emart.ssg.com/item/itemView.ssg?itemId=0000007505650&siteNo=6001&salestrNo=2034&tildSrchwd=%20%E2%86%93%EB%8D%B0%EC%98%A4%EB%8F%84%EB%9F%B0%ED%8A%B8&srchPgNo=1&src_area=elist

https://www.amazon.com/Nivea-Antiperspirant-Deodorant-Protection-Underarm/dp/B01D8X1W34/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_121_tr_img_2/140-1967163-2588811?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=F7CDQXYD13S4VX8CTBV7

About double the price here.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 02:26:55 PM by thunderlips »

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018