December 16, 2017, 03:30:57 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429520 times)

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2015, 09:04:18 PM »
For the "you look tired" line, I usually just use the excuse "my neighbors where fighting" or "some drunk guy was yelling at 3am and woke me up" but of course I have a long list of excuses, since you know telling the truth is so valued here.

Also for the first time since I was 3 years old I've just shat my self.  Thanks to the school dinner last night and the pig slop that we where eating. Thank crap I keep a spare set of clothes at school after a year 1 last year threw up their kimchi on me.

I got so sick of the f-ing "you look tired" crap day in and day out (yeah, you called me at 11 PM screaming at me to make a PPT game from scratch for the next day, I WONDER WHY I'M SO TIRED) that one day I finally just said, "Nope! Not tired! Just really, really ugly!" with a huge-ass grin.

They stopped.

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #541 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:14 AM »
For the "you look tired" line, I usually just use the excuse "my neighbors where fighting" or "some drunk guy was yelling at 3am and woke me up" but of course I have a long list of excuses, since you know telling the truth is so valued here.

Also for the first time since I was 3 years old I've just shat my self.  Thanks to the school dinner last night and the pig slop that we where eating. Thank crap I keep a spare set of clothes at school after a year 1 last year threw up their kimchi on me.

I got so sick of the f-ing "you look tired" crap day in and day out (yeah, you called me at 11 PM screaming at me to make a PPT game from scratch for the next day, I WONDER WHY I'M SO TIRED) that one day I finally just said, "Nope! Not tired! Just really, really ugly!" with a huge-ass grin.

They stopped.

You don't turn off your phone or at least the volume after a certain time?  "I didn't get your message. I only saw your message this morning.  Next time, you'll have to give me more warning in advance."  Lesson learned. 

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #542 on: December 19, 2015, 06:09:21 PM »

They stopped.

You don't turn off your phone or at least the volume after a certain time?  "I didn't get your message. I only saw your message this morning.  Next time, you'll have to give me more warning in advance."  Lesson learned.

You would think, after it happened a few times, that they would learn. You would also think that, unable to rouse me, they would either complete the task themselves or shelve it for another day. You would thus be assigning too great a grasp on logic and reality to my former coworkers.

Also, if I did that, it usually netted me a faceful of either ranting invective about lazy foreigners the next morning (combined with extra work piled in my lap), or two weeks of the silent treatment combined (with extra work piled in my lap).

My coteachers were abusive, unreasonable, lazy drunks.

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #543 on: December 20, 2015, 01:59:27 AM »

They stopped.

You would think, after it happened a few times, that they would learn. You would also think that, unable to rouse me, they would either complete the task themselves or shelve it for another day. You would thus be assigning too great a grasp on logic and reality to my former coworkers.

Also, if I did that, it usually netted me a faceful of either ranting invective about lazy foreigners the next morning (combined with extra work piled in my lap), or two weeks of the silent treatment combined (with extra work piled in my lap).

My coteachers were abusive, unreasonable, lazy drunks.

Wow!  Immature.  Had some of that my first year living out in the countryside.  Their mistake is your fault.  Stand your ground and tell them to give you more notice last time.  If they call you lazy, ask them why they were too lazy to tell you.  Ha ha.

Offline tamjen

• Hero of Waygookistan
The No Topic Topic
« Reply #544 on: December 20, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »
I think it's okay to wander off on tangents during some topics that are posted here and I don't know why we get yanked back in line when nothing offensive is going on, just a veering off the trodden path to explore what's around a different corner.

Thus I am starting the no topic topic designed for nothing but veering off. It doesn't matter what you have to say, I'll be interested in it at least.

For starters, I ate a whole cream filled choclate cake for dinner tonight. My students gave it to me for my birthday. Yesterday I got drunk on that new Hite Pale Ale in the red Christmas Santa and his reindeer cans. It's very good, surprisingly.

What's going on in your world that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic?
Hail Caesar

Offline tamjen

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: The No Topic Topic
« Reply #545 on: December 21, 2015, 08:37:56 AM »
I think it's okay to wander off on tangents during some topics that are posted here and I don't know why we get yanked back in line when nothing offensive is going on, just a veering off the trodden path to explore what's around a different corner.

Thus I am starting the no topic topic designed for nothing but veering off. It doesn't matter what you have to say, I'll be interested in it at least.

For starters, I ate a whole cream filled choclate cake for dinner tonight. My students gave it to me for my birthday. Yesterday I got drunk on that new Hite Pale Ale in the red Christmas Santa and his reindeer cans. It's very good, surprisingly.

What's going on in your world that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic?

Seriously mods??????

I know it's Monday but this Friday is Christmas and that's a holiday so let's make this week a special week and call every day Friday with respect to pointless ramblings.

I have nothing going on in school this week. Three days, three different schools, no classes and three closing ceremonies. Should be slack.

I wonder why my no topic topic is in here? I got the idea from Tim Allen's very funny show Tool Time and the episode where his wife Jill had a fundraising "No Dinner Dinner". Remember Tool Time, the show that made star out of Pamela Anderson, one of the hottest babes to ever grace the boob tube - pun intended.

Only 20 school days left until I am out of Korea. Adjectives don't exist to express how little I care about my job now.
Hail Caesar

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #546 on: December 21, 2015, 09:38:49 AM »
Does anyone know if the Krampus movie will be released in Korea?

Offline nmoolman

• Adventurer
« Reply #547 on: December 21, 2015, 10:44:56 AM »
Thanks for the Monday rambling option! My school insists I plan a 2-week camp, even though it's high school and we had no kids sign up for the last 2 camps. I have been told I'm not allowed to take leave the 3rd week of Jan, because it's tax week and I have to do my own taxes. I also can't take my leave in Feb because I have to teach a special winter school program for incoming students the last 2 weeks. I am now left with the last week of Jan and the week of Seollal to have some time off. So much for my 10-day lazing on an island dream...

Offline FinnSein

• Super Waygook
« Reply #548 on: December 21, 2015, 11:23:35 AM »
Thanks for the Monday rambling option! My school insists I plan a 2-week camp, even though it's high school and we had no kids sign up for the last 2 camps. I have been told I'm not allowed to take leave the 3rd week of Jan, because it's tax week and I have to do my own taxes. I also can't take my leave in Feb because I have to teach a special winter school program for incoming students the last 2 weeks. I am now left with the last week of Jan and the week of Seollal to have some time off. So much for my 10-day lazing on an island dream...

Same here, my school insists I do two weeks of camp even though four kids have signed up for it. It could not be more obvious that the kids really do not want to go but they're doing it anyway and I cant understand why.

Why force teachers and students to sit through something voluntarily when nobody wants to do it.

Offline Tinsley

• Veteran
« Reply #549 on: December 21, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »

Sadly it appears that it won't be released here. But if you know how to get to your local bay of pirates I've seen a few copies there, though I can't vouch for if they're good or not.

I just found out yesterday that Deadpool won't be showing in Korea and I'm crushed. CRUSHED.  :cry:

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #550 on: December 21, 2015, 12:47:07 PM »

Sadly it appears that it won't be released here. But if you know how to get to your local bay of pirates I've seen a few copies there, though I can't vouch for if they're good or not.

I just found out yesterday that Deadpool won't be showing in Korea and I'm crushed. CRUSHED.  :cry:
Can you imagine the reaction from parents who only took their kids to it because it had a Marvel emblem on it?  Now that would be a show.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
Re: The No Topic Topic
« Reply #551 on: December 21, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »

Seriously mods??????

I know it's Monday but this Friday is Christmas and that's a holiday so let's make this week a special week and call every day Friday with respect to pointless ramblings.

I have nothing going on in school this week. Three days, three different schools, no classes and three closing ceremonies. Should be slack.

I wonder why my no topic topic is in here? I got the idea from Tim Allen's very funny show Tool Time and the episode where his wife Jill had a fundraising "No Dinner Dinner". Remember Tool Time, the show that made star out of Pamela Anderson, one of the hottest babes to ever grace the boob tube - pun intended.

Only 20 school days left until I am out of Korea. Adjectives don't exist to express how little I care about my job now.

If you liked Tool Time, and want to watch it undated to the times, check out Last Man Standing, it even stars Tim Allen himself.

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #552 on: December 21, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »

Is it really not coming out in Korea?   :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:  What website do you use to find out what movies are coming out and which aren't?  I am still waiting around to watch Creed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #553 on: December 21, 2015, 01:51:55 PM »

Seriously, this just put a huge damper on my day.....

Can you imagine the reaction from parents who only took their kids to it because it had a Marvel emblem on it?  Now that would be a show.
This happened with Pan's Labyrinth.  Some major f*ck up at the movie import whatever center labeled it and promoted it as a kids' fairy tale movie.  Brutal.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #554 on: December 21, 2015, 01:53:53 PM »

Haha, that's on them. All of that stuff is marked so clearly on everything.

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #555 on: December 21, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »

And we all know how well people pay attention to things that are clearly marked. 

Offline Nivea

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #556 on: December 21, 2015, 03:24:04 PM »
I would be more concerned about the reaction of parents who let their kids watch Jessica Jones just because it has the word Marvel before it. Yep, from Iron Man to doggy style sex scenes within the first half an hour. Can't be trusting that Netflix.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #557 on: December 21, 2015, 04:50:12 PM »
Can't be trusting that Netflix.

They are the ones who brought you "...and chill." 

Whatayaexpect?

Offline nomadicmadda

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • I'm fine thank you, and you?
« Reply #558 on: December 22, 2015, 10:38:28 AM »

Except for when it's not:
This happened with Pan's Labyrinth.  Some major f*ck up at the movie import whatever center labeled it and promoted it as a kids' fairy tale movie.  Brutal.

Eeeeeeh, I don't think it's a fair comparison to make, though; a Korean parent versus a western one.  I think that because of the original language and culture in which the Marvel franchise is produced, Korean parents will naturally have less of an interest, attachment, and understanding when compared to other western parents. 

It's kind of like when Sailor Moon and Pokemon came to the USA--I was obsessed, and certainly with Pokemon you could find merch everywhere, but my parents didn't really "get it"or know much about it other than the glimpses they caught on TV.  If they'd come out with a more adult Pokemon movie, I could easily see western parents making the same mistake.  Of course ratings should be checked, but like I pointed out with Pan's Labyrinth, mistakes can be made when you're dealing with foreign imports. 

Look at a Studio Ghibli film like My Neighbor Totoro versus Grave of the Fireflies.  Both are foreign animations, but you wouldn't take your 5 year old to see the latter.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #559 on: December 22, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »

Except for when it's not:

Eeeeeeh, I don't think it's a fair comparison to make, though; a Korean parent versus a western one.  I think that because of the original language and culture in which the Marvel franchise is produced, Korean parents will naturally have less of an interest, attachment, and understanding when compared to other western parents. 

It's kind of like when Sailor Moon and Pokemon came to the USA--I was obsessed, and certainly with Pokemon you could find merch everywhere, but my parents didn't really "get it"or know much about it other than the glimpses they caught on TV.  If they'd come out with a more adult Pokemon movie, I could easily see western parents making the same mistake.  Of course ratings should be checked, but like I pointed out with Pan's Labyrinth, mistakes can be made when you're dealing with foreign imports. 

Look at a Studio Ghibli film like My Neighbor Totoro versus Grave of the Fireflies.  Both are foreign animations, but you wouldn't take your 5 year old to see the latter.

It's still the parents job to check it out. Parents monitor their kids phone and web activity a lot of the time. The Simpsons is animated, Family Guy too. It's the parents job to check this stuff out. If the parent is naive enough to think any animated movie is fine for the kids and then they realise after the fact that that wasn't true, that's on them. The info is out there.