December 16, 2017, 03:27:15 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429518 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4660 on: December 08, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
Amen to TGIF. This has been a long-ass week.

Can't say that I'll get to relax this weekend, but things will be getting done, and I'll get to talk to the attractive barista again, so it won't be so bad. I might even buy a small tree for my home. Haven't had one since coming to Korea and I miss it. Problem is it can't be bigger than my computer laptop or I won't have anywhere to put it. Really wish I could find a good fiber optics one.

Also, I want to play in the snow.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4661 on: December 08, 2017, 11:08:15 AM »

Can't say that I'll get to relax this weekend, but things will be getting done, and I'll get to talk to the attractive barista again, so it won't be so bad. I might even buy a small tree for my home. Haven't had one since coming to Korea and I miss it. Problem is it can't be bigger than my computer laptop or I won't have anywhere to put it. Really wish I could find a good fiber optics one.

You can find really small ones about that size from Diaso for 5,000won, I think.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4662 on: December 08, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »

You can find really small ones about that size from Diaso for 5,000won, I think.

Daiso have these nice looking northern Europe santa clauses too for 3000 won.  I bought one for both of my co-teachers and I bought two for home and I have another one in my classroom now under the Christmas tree.  The tree looks much better than last year as I made a display behind it and I had some of those vertical light chains at home that I didn't need, so put them up behind the tree.  So it's looking good a cheery old corner.  After the test, I'll get the students to write their Christmas/new year wishes and messages on snowflakes and stick them to the display. 

Offline koreakorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4663 on: December 08, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »
On the topic of clothing again...

I guess wearing an entirely different outfit every day of the week is possible (even shoes at a stretch) but why the heck do you need five different coats??!!

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #4664 on: December 08, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
On the topic of clothing again...

I guess wearing an entirely different outfit every day of the week is possible (even shoes at a stretch) but why the heck do you need five different coats??!!

To match your 5 different pairs of shoes obviously....

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4665 on: December 08, 2017, 12:57:40 PM »
Class is actually pretty diverse. I think my Korean class is actually the most diverse out of all the current classes here (the names/class groupings were all posted the first day). The only true common tongue amongst all of us is the one we're learning, which is interesting.  Otherwise it's sometimes kinda like a big game of telephone except for the one unlucky guy who doesn't know any English/Chinese/Japanese/etc.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4666 on: December 08, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
I'm just thinking back to last year when my 6th graders were so sweet and engaged with their learning that I'd do things like personalize their PPTs and games to include the names of students in each class.

I can' t even imagine doing that with the current crop of students I have.

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4667 on: December 08, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »

If you're in Seoul, you can have my nice daiso one for free. I've been trying to get rid of it.  8)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:09:24 PM by travelinpantsgirl »
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4668 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:47 PM »

Thanks, I'll give that a look.

@travelinpantsgirl: Not gonna be in Seoul anytime this month (I think), but thanks. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4669 on: December 08, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
I'm just staying home tonight after I get a haircut. Gonna watch the new Psych movie, some corny as hell Hallmark Christmas movie, and munch around. But I can't decide what to treat myself to tonight. I'm thinking just Mom's Touch... don't really feel like chicken or pizza, unless I could find a really good pizza.  :rolleyes:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4670 on: December 08, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »
I'm just staying home tonight after I get a haircut. Gonna watch the new Psych movie, some corny as hell Hallmark Christmas movie, and munch around. But I can't decide what to treat myself to tonight. I'm thinking just Mom's Touch... don't really feel like chicken or pizza, unless I could find a really good pizza.  :rolleyes:

Omg YES thank you for reminding me!!! 

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4671 on: December 08, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
How about some Casablanca or Samarkand?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4672 on: December 08, 2017, 03:00:21 PM »

http://www.icpk.co.kr/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Pizza_Kitchen#Description

Also, they invented chicken on pizza. The New York and Chicago crowds were too old school Italian to put chicken on their pizza, but a California chef figured he wasn't bound by the rules of the old school Italian types and started making more of the modern pizzas we see today. The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza.

A little slice of history.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4673 on: December 08, 2017, 03:00:36 PM »

Haha, I have been looking forward to this for some time. But I was bummed to hear that Lassie was only going to have a cameo!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4674 on: December 08, 2017, 03:02:01 PM »

http://www.icpk.co.kr/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Pizza_Kitchen#Description

Also, they invented chicken on pizza. The New York and Chicago crowds were too old school Italian to put chicken on their pizza, but a California chef figured he wasn't bound by the rules of the old school Italian types and started making more of the modern pizzas we see today. The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza.

A little slice of history.
Learn something new everyday~

I do actually like their pizza, I'd never had it before coming to Korea. But unfortunately there isn't one near where I'm at.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4675 on: December 08, 2017, 03:08:14 PM »

Haha, I have been looking forward to this for some time. But I was bummed to hear that Lassie was only going to have a cameo!

Yeah, I think I recall reading about some health issue that popped up; he was supposed to be more involved.  BUT they intend to make more movies :D

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4676 on: December 08, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

Yeah, I think I recall reading about some health issue that popped up; he was supposed to be more involved.  BUT they intend to make more movies :D
Yeah, he'd had a stroke! Glad he could even do the one scene, considering, but still. I love Lassie! But that's good news about the other movies~

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4677 on: December 08, 2017, 03:11:47 PM »
Going to Hongcheon tomorrow to help my old mak teachers filters hundreds of litres of Lotus Leaf and Pine Bud Makgeolli. The payment? Craft makgeolli by the litre. It's 미담 brand and the ajumma who makes it is awesome.

BOOM. She sells a litre (of the top layer 청주 with NO sediment/not watered down at all) of it for 40 000 and restos sell it for 65 000.

It'll be a good day tomorrow, friends.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4678 on: December 08, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
Going to Hongcheon tomorrow to help my old mak teachers filters hundreds of litres of Lotus Leaf and Pine Bud Makgeolli. The payment? Craft makgeolli by the litre. It's 미담 brand and the ajumma who makes it is awesome.

BOOM. She sells a litre (of the top layer 청주 with NO sediment/not watered down at all) of it for 40 000 and restos sell it for 65 000.

..and Sunday?

I'm sure a maggeooli hangover, is worse than any other hangover surely?

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4679 on: December 08, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »

..and Sunday?

I'm sure a maggeooli hangover, is worse than any other hangover surely?

We're getting back at 5PM, plenty of time to eat dinner and sober up a bit.  :laugh:......................... :huh:....................... :cry:

Who am I kidding?