May 25, 2018, 06:57:33 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 655368 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4580 on: December 05, 2017, 02:05:17 PM »
I'm usually not one to burn bridges but I just torched one and feel pretty good about it  :laugh:

Online 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4581 on: December 05, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »
I'm usually not one to burn bridges but I just torched one and feel pretty good about it  :laugh:

I, too, enjoy arson.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4582 on: December 05, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »
Everyone was weirdly friendly today. Like out-of-the-way friendly.

Makes me feel like there's a plot afoot. I'm hoping to hear about it by tomorrow.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4583 on: December 05, 2017, 03:32:49 PM »

Makes me feel like there's a plot afoot. I'm hoping to hear about it by tomorrow.

Possibly a ploy.  Perchance you're a pawn? 

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #4584 on: December 05, 2017, 03:59:55 PM »
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4585 on: December 05, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »

Possibly a ploy.  Perchance you're a pawn?
Sounds like there's a surprise contract cancellation coming down the pike.  :sad:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4586 on: December 06, 2017, 07:50:52 AM »
I have been told that I'm not being renewed because I am shit, and another friend in my city said that City Hall said there wasn't a budget for her at her school and her school is bigger than mine.

Goodbye, Korea. Hello, Indonesia.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4587 on: December 06, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »
Sounds like there's a surprise contract cancellation coming down the pike.  :sad:

Pfft.

More like someone higher up is about to ask me for a "favor" that I won't be happy about but that I'll still feel pressured to accept because relationships are important. Given the time of year, it'll probably be related to camp. xD It was last year.  >:(

I have been told that I'm not being renewed because I am shit, and another friend in my city said that City Hall said there wasn't a budget for her at her school and her school is bigger than mine.

Are you serious? I'm so sorry to hear that. Do you already have a prospect in Indonesia (other than the girl, lol)?

Your coT honestly sounded like she had it in for you, tbh.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4588 on: December 06, 2017, 08:01:21 AM »

Damn. That's shite news.  :sad:

When's your current contract up?

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #4589 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »
Buy this game for winter camp!

https://quichegames.com/collections/sale/products/jeju-island

Home › Clearance and Damaged › Jeju Island

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4590 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:39 AM »
Quite a bit of snow in Chungnam last night, surprised that it had already turned into slippery ice on the roads.  So left at 7:10 today.  Most other teachers walked to school because it was too dangerous to drive. Made driving nice and fun.  Most students still hadn't arrived by 10 o'clock. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4591 on: December 06, 2017, 09:36:48 AM »
Chinguetti: Gonna phone her tonight. She wants me to come and work there. I do too. I'd have to start planning my escape. I have 10 000$ in pension money ready to be released so I would take that and go anyway, look for propects there. I could live on that for a long ass time. 

DMZ: Goes to the end of February. Still got 4 months of paychecks, we all good. haha

Offline sfusiondj

• Adventurer
« Reply #4592 on: December 06, 2017, 09:45:16 AM »

Sorry to hear this, man. They're not prepared to transfer you? Job security really is at an all-time low.

I didn't realize Indo was an ESL contender these days. Then again, I haven't been keeping score. Will be an exciting time for you, I'm sure.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4593 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
Sorry to hear this, man. They're not prepared to transfer you? Job security really is at an all-time low.

I didn't realize Indo was an ESL contender these days. Then again, I haven't been keeping score. Will be an exciting time for you, I'm sure.

Thanks. I don't think I'd get a transfer. I think I'm done here. Every 5 years my life gets turned upside down by some thing or another. 10, 13, 19, 23, 27 and now 32. The cycle of my life.

The money won't be as good there, but that's not why I'm going. haha. A new adventure and an old love interest.

My mom is going to kill me, lol.

Offline sfusiondj

• Adventurer
« Reply #4594 on: December 06, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »

A new adventure and an old love interest.
Sounds like a good life move then. And if things don't shape up in Indo, there are plenty of options out there (professionally and romantically;p).

You only have one mom though, break the news gently :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4595 on: December 06, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »
Sounds like a good life move then. And if things don't shape up in Indo, there are plenty of options out there (professionally and romantically;p).
Yeah, I'll come back and take yirj17 out for a drink.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4596 on: December 06, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »

Thanks. I don't think I'd get a transfer. I think I'm done here. Every 5 years my life gets turned upside down by some thing or another. 10, 13, 19, 23, 27 and now 32. The cycle of my life.

The money won't be as good there, but that's not why I'm going. haha. A new adventure and an old love interest.

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving! I've always enjoyed your posts: they bring a lot of warmth to the forums!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4597 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving! I've always enjoyed your posts: they bring a lot of warmth to the forums!

I'll pop in once in a while. A lot of pigs in here though, I'll need to get around the Islamic Firewall.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4598 on: December 06, 2017, 12:04:24 PM »

DMZ: Goes to the end of February. Still got 4 months of paychecks, we all good. haha

That's good at least. Hopefully this ends up being a NET positive for you if things work out in Indonesia.  :cheesy:

And don't forget that you have just acquired a wonderful new power! The freedom to say whatever you want to your co-workers!  Be like yirj17 and burn all the bridges!

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4599 on: December 06, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »
So elementary schools in Gunpo are now being cut?  That's a surprise.  Good luck CO2 with your next step.  I'm living in Gunpo still, but work in Uiwang.  I'm likely getting out of here anyways as I need a change.  Not sure if my school will have funding next year.

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
The 2018 KOTESOL National Conference. Crossing Borders: Korean ELT in the Modern World. May 12 Kangnam University, Yongin
koreatesol.org/nc2018