December 17, 2017, 02:25:08 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429992 times)

Offline zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4460 on: November 17, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
I've just found since like 25, but especially since I turned 30 I get "The Fear", the morning after drinking.
"God what rubbish was I talking last night. What a dick I was." And like weird anxiety.

I guess that is tied in with dignity.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4461 on: November 17, 2017, 11:17:22 AM »
Very considerate of Dave to make sure his spouse didn't choke on her own vomit.

Which made me think:

There was a young foreigner in my neighborhood, looked to be late twenties with a manbun/d.donut.  I would see him sitting alone inside the CU drinking those plastic bottles of Cass on occasion.

A couple of Saturdays ago, as I was up early to go for a run, I saw him stumbling drunk, fall into some bushes.

I did a double take, but simply continued on my run.

I haven't seen him since.

Perhaps I should have stopped to check on him... :(

Offline theman3285

• Veteran
« Reply #4462 on: November 17, 2017, 11:29:44 AM »
I told her if it happens again, then I'm leaving.

Awesome. Take notes, people.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4463 on: November 17, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »
I've just found since like 25, but especially since I turned 30 I get "The Fear", the morning after drinking.
"God what rubbish was I talking last night. What a dick I was." And like weird anxiety.

I guess that is tied in with dignity.

I get that too. Actually, it's common with hangovers to have a sense of a loss of well-being and increased anxiety.
But as I get older, this is becoming the worst part of a night out that no nap or delivery food can cure!

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4464 on: November 17, 2017, 11:52:26 AM »
My Korean girlfriend and her family members we drink with on a weekly basis get hammered.  We're all over 40 and I can handle my beer but if I get to the point that my motor skills start to go I call it a night.  I've had to haul my gf around into taxis and back home too many times to recall.  And these are people with respectable jobs.  They just look at drinking time as a time to get acceptably hammered.  I think it's pathetic and often turns my nights out into a stressful form of babysitting.  It's why I usually push for a night in of drinking.  Makes my life easier.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4465 on: November 17, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »
CO2 always came across as a lad's lad to me.

I haven't got black out drunk for a good 8-10 years.
Yeah, my bros are my bros. Once you're my bro, you're family. I've told my friends this, we don't have family here in Korea (for the most part), so keeping a tight group of people around you whom you can rely on is super important. When shit goes south, your mom can only help so much, a phone call can only help so much. You need a group of family here, really good friends who will watch out for you no matter what. I have a group like that, they don't all know each other, necessarily, (but most are connected somehow). Shine is one of those people.

Also, Pecan, he thought he might be gay, but if he's still expecting to have sex with me after 5 years, he has the patience of a saint.
It's been almost 22 years for me, when I was 17, and that was only the once.  I can handle my drink, but I also think dignity is really important as you get older.  When I worked in Sweden as a chef, my boss was an alcoholic and regularly on Fridays after dinner service we'd get through a box of wine and number of beers while tidying, but never to the point of me blacking out.

Not dissing CO2, it is just something I think that as you get older it should be something that is less frequent.  I don't want my wife to stop drinking, which is what she has done, just learn how to control it, and be dignified.  It happens everywhere, I know, but in Korea it is a socially-accepted thing, which makes it all the more worse.

Yeah, these are few and far between. Just a really stupid incident last night, I'm pretty good at handling myself since I broke up with my GF in March.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4466 on: November 17, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
CO2, as a Torontonian I don't get the Toronto reference.  Also, aren't you from Burlington?
Jim Carrey is from Scarberia. And I was born in Hamilton, McU. But I moved around Ontario a lot, and I lived in Toronto  prior to coming here. I don't identify with Hamilton at all, I've been back once since we moved away when I was 10. I identify more with Sudbury and Toronto even though I only lived in both for three years. Hometowns are important but I have no family of friends there and I only went back once to see Mumford and Sons at Copps.

Offline mbg121

• Waygookin
« Reply #4467 on: November 17, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »
At lunch today we had churro mandu. Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. Mmm cinnamon green onion minced pork...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline OnNut81

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4468 on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
Hamilton is picking up these days from what I've heard with the artsy crowd choosing to live there over pricey T.O.  Aren't you thinking of Mike Meyers with the Scarberia reference?  Carrey was from Newmarket and actually lived in Burlington and I think Jackson's Point up on Lake Simcoe.  Anyways, all my points are ironically pointless and appropriate for this thread.  But, since you are Kev and from out that way you're likely the guy I shared a time slot with at Suwon immigration with when you were first in Gunpo.  If I'm right I'm amazed at my detecting skills.  Or I'm embarrassed that I spend enough time desk warming on this site to have gleaned that fact.  Either works.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4469 on: November 17, 2017, 12:19:39 PM »
Hamilton is picking up these days from what I've heard with the artsy crowd choosing to live there over pricey T.O.  Aren't you thinking of Mike Meyers with the Scarberia reference?  Carrey was from Newmarket and actually lived in Burlington and I think Jackson's Point up on Lake Simcoe.  Anyways, all my points are ironically pointless and appropriate for this thread.  But, since you are Kev and from out that way you're likely the guy I shared a time slot with at Suwon immigration with when you were first in Gunpo.  If I'm right I'm amazed at my detecting skills.  Or I'm embarrassed that I spend enough time desk warming on this site to have gleaned that fact.  Either works.

Dayyumnnnnnnnnnnnn, hahaha, you are correct Sir! Well done.

I will find out all about you and bust your nut for Waygook (take that Pecan, who's gay now?). And, yeah, I was thinking of Mike Myers, I suppose, you're bang on about everything Carrey related.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #4470 on: November 17, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »
CO2, as a Torontonian I don't get the Toronto reference.  Also, aren't you from Burlington?
Jim Carrey is from Scarberia. And I was born in Hamilton, McU. But I moved around Ontario a lot, and I lived in Toronto  prior to coming here. I don't identify with Hamilton at all, I've been back once since we moved away when I was 10. I identify more with Sudbury and Toronto even though I only lived in both for three years. Hometowns are important but I have no family of friends there and I only went back once to see Mumford and Sons at Copps.

Copps coliseum in Hamilton right?

Man, been there once in 2001 and had a blast at the Slayer/Pantera concert.  :azn:

Getting chased around parks by the OPP while in possession of 'contraband' was slightly less fun but still a thrill! haha

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4471 on: November 17, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »
Also, Pecan, he thought he might be gay, but if he's still expecting to have sex with me after 5 years, he has the patience of a saint.
Huh?  You have me confused with someone else.  It is "exit only", here.

That said, I apologize for making light of your struggle with your identity.

A classmate I knew since kindergarten, went to school, studied the bible, and graduated high school with had similar struggles growing up in a traditional town.  He came to our twentieth reunion.  I don't know what transpired, but the day after, he was found hanging from the rafters in his garage.

His suicide note was never released.

Though that was years ago, people still face the same problems today.

If you like to wear makeup, drink cocktails, and have men buy you drinks all night, more power to you.  Men that are effeminate and metro make me uncomfortable, but that is my issue, not yours Kev.  I need to learn to be more tolerant of guys who are light in the loafers.

Again, my apologies.

Enjoy your weekend.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4472 on: November 17, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »
My Korean girlfriend and her family members we drink with on a weekly basis get hammered.  We're all over 40 and I can handle my beer but if I get to the point that my motor skills start to go I call it a night.  I've had to haul my gf around into taxis and back home too many times to recall.  And these are people with respectable jobs.  They just look at drinking time as a time to get acceptably hammered.  I think it's pathetic and often turns my nights out into a stressful form of babysitting.  It's why I usually push for a night in of drinking.  Makes my life easier.

This was the third and worse time she had done it.  The previous two were just kind of slurry and rude like a market adjumma.  In Korea, maybe it is put up with as Korean men come back from their nights out plastered and their wives have to take care of them putting up with all sorts of nonsense, but it is just not something I want to put up with.  Drink, by all means, but pace yourself and learn when to call it a day.  Drinking over a whole evening/night and remembering it is so much more enjoyable than chucking them back in an hour and then becoming a boring pain in the ass for the rest of the night.  That is why it all came back to me with my co-t on Monday, a gentle voice and so soft, but when she drinks it is like 'eff it!'.  Late teens, early twenties maybe, not to be expected in your thirties and later. 

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4473 on: November 17, 2017, 01:15:08 PM »
I love how Pecan keeps calling CO2 gay and then even when he apologises for calling him gay he calls him gay again. Quite funny.

For the record I don't think CO2 is gay and i think it's pretty near impossible to make a youtube video for foreign kindies as a man without sounding a bit gay.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4474 on: November 17, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
I told her if it happens again, then I'm leaving.

Awesome. Take notes, people.

Agreed,
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #4475 on: November 17, 2017, 01:27:02 PM »
I love how Pecan keeps calling CO2 gay and then even when he apologises for calling him gay he calls him gay again. Quite funny.

Agreed. A perfectly executed Pecan post! Standing ovation!

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4476 on: November 17, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »

That said, I apologize for making light of your struggle with your identity.

A classmate I knew since kindergarten, went to school, studied the bible, and graduated high school with had similar struggles growing up in a traditional town.  He came to our twentieth reunion.  I don't know what transpired, but the day after, he was found hanging from the rafters in his garage.

His suicide note was never released.

Though that was years ago, people still face the same problems today.

If you like to wear makeup, drink cocktails, and have men buy you drinks all night, more power to you.  Men that are effeminate and metro make me uncomfortable, but that is my issue, not yours Kev.  I need to learn to be more tolerant of guys who are light in the loafers.

Again, my apologies.

Enjoy your weekend.

Pecan, I hope that if you have the grand fortune of coming across my effeminate self -- with my eyeliner, jewelry and tattoos -- that such does not make you uncomfortable. Perhaps we could grab some bourbon and talk long into the night about epistemology and the history of man.
Most people think I am gay, and thus I have found that I'd do quite well if I were. Alas, the good Lord made me viciously attracted to women. I will say that being metro is incredibly effective. Perhaps it's a sort of nouveau masculinity? Just look at these KPOP boy bands!
But please, don't let me come in between you and CO2. That's a match made in heaven if I ever seen one, yessirree.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4477 on: November 17, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »
Also, Pecan, he [NOT YOU 바보 ㅎㅎ] thought he might be gay, but if he's still expecting to have sex with me after 5 years, he has the patience of a saint.

No, I meant my Korean friend I was with. It's not all about you! hahahaha Also, if I posted a picture of Indo girl, which I won't, there would be no doubt as to my sexuality. I should stop thinking about it........ I'll get an erection at school and that's never good. Now, you might think I'm being overly defensive saying this, like I'm trying to overcompensate for some deep-seeded homosexuality. This is incorrect, I am simply bragging my ass off. hahahaha

As an aside, my Spanish friend (another BRO I mentioned earlier) were going up to the mosque area to get some Arabian food and we turned the corner just at the Turkish ice cream place.

:P Uhhhhh, Keveen, where we gone to eet? 

:police: Ah, we'll go up the hill and see what happens.

:P  :police::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:P Poor choice of words, Keveen.

Now that's gay!

Again, my apologies.

Enjoy your weekend.
You too, Pecan.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4478 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:19 PM »
Pecan, I hope that if you have the grand fortune of coming across my effeminate self -- with my eyeliner, jewelry and tattoos -- that such does not make you uncomfortable. Perhaps we could grab some bourbon and talk long into the night about epistemology and the history of man.
NO GOSSIP

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4374

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4479 on: November 17, 2017, 01:37:42 PM »
NO GOSSIP

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4374

AHHH SH!T WHAT THE HELL?!
Is nothing sacred anymore?