December 11, 2018, 06:44:39 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 846542 times)

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4460 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »
So what's a comment section for?
To comment.

People here have a shared expereince of being teachers in Korea and most of us are around a similar age. So it might make the comments of those here more interesting to us personally.

Is it really that hard to understand? This is some Pecan style comprehension.

Well I understood the title of this thread.  :rolleyes:

I just thought if i were to read an article on a Korean newspaper website I'd just comment there instead of coming here. As everyone already there would have something to say.

I personally feel it's more a matter of remaining anonymous by posting your tripe on here instead of there with your facebook name. Of course one could just make a fake facebook account but still.

I've posted a few time of the KT facebook page. Most stories there get zero comments. The ones that do, half are just people tagging someone to read it or complete dopes and a lot of like Philippinos going "Oh. This is terrible. God bless". Which is fine, but hardly condusive to discussion.
More discussion happens here.

I hear ya. You've twisted my arm and I shall remove my Pecan tinted glasses.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4461 on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:13 AM »
I am just not ready for work today.

But at least my hair is all swishy and not frizzy. Perfect for the head-tossing.

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4462 on: December 08, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »
TGIFF!!!
The countdown begins for vacation and starting a new job. Looking forward to both, the new job though, with a mixture of excitement and anxiety.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:18:58 PM by travelinpantsgirl »
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4463 on: December 08, 2017, 07:51:08 AM »
Came in today to find out that the 4-day post-Christmas Kindergarten camp has been cancelled. Huzzah! Happy Friday!    8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4464 on: December 08, 2017, 07:55:11 AM »
TGIFF!!!
The countdown begins for vacation and starting a new job. Looking forward to both, the new though, with a mixture of excitement and anxiety.

Is the new job still Korea-based?
I don't have one yet, but I have several leads, one is Japan and one is Korea based. Ideally, the Korea one is the one I want. It would drastically reduce my commute and the pay is much better and I am not completely ready to go to Japan yet. 2019, would be better. I was just positing that leaving this one and starting a new one is both scary and exciting. Especially now, since I do not have a new one at the moment...haha.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #4465 on: December 08, 2017, 08:40:18 AM »
My Co-Teacher is not cut out to show the kids how to properly sing a pop song.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4466 on: December 08, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »
My Co-Teacher is not cut out to show the kids how to properly sing a pop song.

Why don't you show her how it's done?

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4467 on: December 08, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »
I am really really glad that it is Friday! I am exhausted. This will be my first weekend with nothing planned. I do not intend getting out of my pjs. All food will be delivered and will be pure caloric madness.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Kolao

• Veteran
« Reply #4468 on: December 08, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
Cloudy here today and cold, only 25C. Glad I drove the car to work and not the motorbike. I woulda froze to death. The car makes a good excuse to stop and do some Christmas shopping. Gonna put the tree up tomorrow. Excited!
When the wicked are confounded, and consigned to flames of woe, call me.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4469 on: December 08, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »
Cloudy here today and cold, only 25C. Glad I drove the car to work and not the motorbike. I woulda froze to death. The car makes a good excuse to stop and do some Christmas shopping. Gonna put the tree up tomorrow. Excited!
25C? 2 Celsius? 25 Fahrenheit?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4470 on: December 08, 2017, 11:02:59 AM »
Amen to TGIF. This has been a long-ass week.

Can't say that I'll get to relax this weekend, but things will be getting done, and I'll get to talk to the attractive barista again, so it won't be so bad. I might even buy a small tree for my home. Haven't had one since coming to Korea and I miss it. Problem is it can't be bigger than my computer laptop or I won't have anywhere to put it. Really wish I could find a good fiber optics one.

Also, I want to play in the snow.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4471 on: December 08, 2017, 11:08:15 AM »

Can't say that I'll get to relax this weekend, but things will be getting done, and I'll get to talk to the attractive barista again, so it won't be so bad. I might even buy a small tree for my home. Haven't had one since coming to Korea and I miss it. Problem is it can't be bigger than my computer laptop or I won't have anywhere to put it. Really wish I could find a good fiber optics one.

You can find really small ones about that size from Diaso for 5,000won, I think.

Offline koreakorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4472 on: December 08, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »
On the topic of clothing again...

I guess wearing an entirely different outfit every day of the week is possible (even shoes at a stretch) but why the heck do you need five different coats??!!

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #4473 on: December 08, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
On the topic of clothing again...

I guess wearing an entirely different outfit every day of the week is possible (even shoes at a stretch) but why the heck do you need five different coats??!!

To match your 5 different pairs of shoes obviously....

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4474 on: December 08, 2017, 12:57:40 PM »
Class is actually pretty diverse. I think my Korean class is actually the most diverse out of all the current classes here (the names/class groupings were all posted the first day). The only true common tongue amongst all of us is the one we're learning, which is interesting.  Otherwise it's sometimes kinda like a big game of telephone except for the one unlucky guy who doesn't know any English/Chinese/Japanese/etc.

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
« Reply #4475 on: December 08, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »

If you're in Seoul, you can have my nice daiso one for free. I've been trying to get rid of it.  8)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:09:24 PM by travelinpantsgirl »

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #4476 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:47 PM »

You can find really small ones about that size from Diaso for 5,000won, I think.

Thanks, I'll give that a look.

@travelinpantsgirl: Not gonna be in Seoul anytime this month (I think), but thanks. xD

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4477 on: December 08, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »
I'm just staying home tonight after I get a haircut. Gonna watch the new Psych movie, some corny as hell Hallmark Christmas movie, and munch around. But I can't decide what to treat myself to tonight. I'm thinking just Mom's Touch... don't really feel like chicken or pizza, unless I could find a really good pizza.  :rolleyes:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4478 on: December 08, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »
I'm just staying home tonight after I get a haircut. Gonna watch the new Psych movie, some corny as hell Hallmark Christmas movie, and munch around. But I can't decide what to treat myself to tonight. I'm thinking just Mom's Touch... don't really feel like chicken or pizza, unless I could find a really good pizza.  :rolleyes:

Omg YES thank you for reminding me!!! 

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4479 on: December 08, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
How about some Casablanca or Samarkand?