January 19, 2018, 03:17:09 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 465683 times)

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4340 on: November 01, 2017, 11:00:18 AM »
Is it just me or are there all these brand new accounts floating around the lesson plans section saying stuff like "thanks for this" to create an artificial economy of new lesson plans? There haven't been any new lessons for months since the paywall came up and i'm slightly suspecting some foul play by the powers that be here.
It's possible.
Another possibility is that it's the new August intake of EPIK/GEPIK teachers first discovering the site.
Also, Aliens. (Come visit! It's NICE over here!)

Judging by Sean_irl's posts i wouldn't rule out aliens just yet.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4341 on: November 01, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »

Yeh,

But,

you know, like,

thing is,

we've not heard from him since his chilling posts,

huh?

how, do you, you, erm, like how do you explain that?

Spooky or wot?

Anytime a poster doesn't post, we just assume they left Korea.  Now we know the truth, they get abducted by aliens.  Donovan was last heard of somewhere near Uranus...

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4342 on: November 01, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »

Yeh,

But,

you know, like,

thing is,

huh?

Spooky or wot?

Anytime a poster doesn't post, we just assume they left Korea.  Now we know the truth, they get abducted by aliens.  Donovan was last heard of somewhere near Uranus...

Spooky stuff going on lately.
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4343 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:42 PM »
Yeh,
But,
you know, like,
thing is,
huh?
Spooky or wot?

I dunno. Knowing Donovan, I think it's more likely for him to be doing the abducting than getting abducted!  :smiley:

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #4344 on: November 01, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »
Yeh,
But,
you know, like,
thing is,
huh?
Spooky or wot?

I dunno. Knowing Donovan, I think it's more likely for him to be doing the abducting than getting abducted!  :smiley:

What ever happened to waygook.org user Donovan?

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4345 on: November 01, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure he left when he found out that the admin here was stealing people's work and lying about it. But it could have been before that.

Offline koreakorea

• Veteran
« Reply #4346 on: November 01, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure he left when he found out that the admin here was stealing people's work and lying about it. But it could have been before that.

I always assumed he stopped posting because his wife had a baby and he has his hands full now. 

He's probably (and rightly so) getting his head down and learning the sh*t out of Korean so he can actually communicate with his child in a few years' time.  Oh and getting them out of his one room apartment  :sad:

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4347 on: November 01, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »

I always assumed he stopped posting because his wife had a baby and he has his hands full now. 

He's probably (and rightly so) getting his head down and learning the sh*t out of Korean so he can actually communicate with his child in a few years' time.  Oh and getting them out of his one room apartment  :sad:

Basically his last post:

Just finished deleting nearly all of my lesson plans.  Feel kind of sad... :sad:

Let's not jump to conclusions about his private life

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4348 on: November 01, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »

Basically his last post:

Just finished deleting nearly all of my lesson plans.  Feel kind of sad... :sad:

Let's not jump to conclusions about his private life

A gentleman if ever I met one.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4349 on: November 01, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
Yep. Waygook is a darker, less funny place without him.  :sad:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4350 on: November 01, 2017, 06:54:27 PM »
Yep. Waygook is a darker, less funny place without him.  :sad:

No jam!!

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4351 on: November 02, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »

I went through a round of deleting my materials in September.  I didn't delete everything, because my rationale had to do with copyright infringement and not being on the receiving end of C&Ds or worse because money was now involved.

So I was only concerned with removing stuff with like Disney, Universal, etc imagery (rabidly litigious megacorps).

Then, the mods started surreptiously altering my posts and those of others to change the URL of a perfectly legitimate teacher sharing website.

As of Tuesday, I have removed every single bit of lesson plan material I ever put here. I can't wipe them from the servers though, and I frankly wonder if someone won't somehow rejuvenate our de-linked links .... (what with there being no honor among thieves).

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4352 on: November 02, 2017, 08:23:14 AM »

Then, the mods started surreptiously altering my posts and those of others to change the URL of a perfectly legitimate teacher sharing website.

Yeah, that was low. I was on the fence about coughing up 20 bucks, I mean I have downloaded a bunch from here in the past and it would be too bad if the site was unable to function as a resource for incoming teachers and general Korea life stuff...

But after seeing that post-altering BS this site will never see a penny from me. Nice work, waygook.org!  :rolleyes:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Veteran
« Reply #4353 on: November 02, 2017, 08:34:16 AM »

I went through a round of deleting my materials in September.  I didn't delete everything, because my rationale had to do with copyright infringement and not being on the receiving end of C&Ds or worse because money was now involved.

So I was only concerned with removing stuff with like Disney, Universal, etc imagery (rabidly litigious megacorps).

As of Tuesday, I have removed every single bit of lesson plan material I ever put here. I can't wipe them from the servers though, and I frankly wonder if someone won't somehow rejuvenate our de-linked links .... (what with there being no honor among thieves).

I'm quite surprised you haven't been purged yet to be honest. I said it in this thread already but there is something suspicious about all these 'thanks for this' posts in lesson plan threads from 2012 to make it look like new material had been posted. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of your stuff resurface from a different account either.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4354 on: November 02, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »
That employment advertisement list on the right sure did get long...

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4355 on: November 02, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »
They didn't tell me that picture day was canceled, so I got all gussied up for nothing.  :sad:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapan
« Reply #4356 on: November 02, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
They didn't tell me that picture day was canceled, so I got all gussied up for nothing.  :sad:

Picture.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4357 on: November 02, 2017, 02:06:28 PM »

Picture.

^^ Keep an eye on that one!

Offline newbie24

• Newgookin
« Reply #4358 on: November 02, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
Consider this - Donovan has been on the mod watchlist more than a few times - in fact, he was on the watchlist nearly all the time.

Recently, mods have started to permanently ban people rather than merely mute them (and there is no way to determine if someone is in fact permanently banned - unless you are a mod).  I have doubts Donovan would have stopped posting altogether if that wasn't the case.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4359 on: November 03, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
Yesterday night my high school had a debate contest where I had written the topics.  There were topics like:  'Money can buy you happiness' and 'Technology makes us feel more alone' and I also threw in 'Everybody should be vegetarian'.  All my students were brilliant, but the being against vegetarianism viewpoint said that vegetarians had sexual dysfunction.  That was news to me..... >:(*Fake News*  They actually won overall, and the team for vegetarianism came second.