April 23, 2018, 07:43:53 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 601451 times)

Online denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4200 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
I've got to find out what's going on with my school's internet security settings.  I can't access my email-the page loads, but the blue bar never goes across-& now I can't see or make comments on FB. 

My coT is gone for the day because the first graders went to see a movie.

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4201 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.
Shouldn't you be planning your Nippon plan????

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4202 on: September 22, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
Sadly, I am not welcome in most onsens...tats. I leave tomorrow morning for Tokyo though...lol.
Me? Done.

Damnit, I didn't even start yet.  Only flights done so far.  Actually, I called my bank to extend my credit card limit by 300 000 won today and they said 'Oh, you can extend it to 9.6 million, if you want'  That is a 4 million increase on my limit now.  Obviously, I said, no thanks.  But how much fun could I have in Kyushu with that 4 million over five days!?!?!!  :evil:  Private, luxury, mountain onsen with those clippy-cloppy wooden shoes?    ;D

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4203 on: September 22, 2017, 01:08:36 PM »
Me? Done.

Have a lovely time!!!  Plenty of okonomiyaki  :cheesy:

Preferably Hiroshima style.  I am all about them noodles. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Hopeless Romantic
« Reply #4204 on: September 25, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »
slaykey bowngtoo jew say yo

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4205 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4206 on: September 25, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

It gets worse every time.   :laugh:

Day turk errr jerbs....

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Hopeless Romantic
« Reply #4207 on: September 25, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
Gee you gay = Eraser

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4208 on: September 26, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4209 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
As my British driving licence expires in January next year, I've realised now after checking that I can't renew it.  It was valid for ten years.  But now as I'm not a resident, I can't renew it.  In fact, from checking yesterday, my using it for the last ten years when I'm not resident was illegal too.  :-[  It makes sense, I suppose. I actually felt a little sad yesterday that I couldn't use it anymore.  Now I have to look into getting an international licence from here whenever I go home.  My wife said they are valid for a year.   :sad:

Don't let Kimdoham find out about this for the love of...
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4210 on: September 26, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »

You can get them at your local police station. Not expensive either.

Offline viennica

• Adventurer
  • Send me mac and cheese and I'll be yours.
« Reply #4211 on: September 26, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »
If I have to hear "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" one more time, I will melt a la Wicked Witch.
Anyang Meet and Eat, our group of ridiculously fun people with a food problem. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334717196908236/

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4212 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:46 AM »
CoTs keep dropping in to give me gifts for different things. They claim it wasn't planned, but I feel like there's a conspiracy afoot, and now I'm all like, "I NEED TO BUY THEM GIFTS, TOOOOOOOO! D8"

One of the gifts was really expensive.  :cry:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #4213 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »
CoTs keep dropping in to give me gifts for different things. They claim it wasn't planned, but I feel like there's a conspiracy afoot, and now I'm all like, "I NEED TO BUY THEM GIFTS, TOOOOOOOO! D8"

Regift!

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4214 on: September 28, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »

Nice! I got some "Chuseok" gifts from the English dept yesterday, too. Socks and a blue edition of 'Go-Stop', which I was assured is very #rare and "famous" lol. As for the socks, they couldn't have come at a better time, actually. Was getting low in the wearable sock department.

And I don't feel too bad for not having any Chuseok gifts for them as I brought in a decent haul of sugary snacks from Costco last week  :azn:

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4215 on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
Should I take a sleeping bag for immigration at the airport?
What makes salads so funny that people are always laughing and smiling when they are eating them?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4216 on: September 28, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »
I should go running, but I feel like sitting around playing WoW for hours on end instead. Is it lazy if I adjust my calorie intake so I don't have to exercise?

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4217 on: September 28, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
I should go running, but I feel like sitting around playing WoW for hours on end instead. Is it lazy if I adjust my calorie intake so I don't have to exercise?

The logic is sound, but...

When I decide to just be lazy and eat nothing cause 'it'll balance out' it always backfires and I end up starving at like 11:30pm and proceed to eat too muchdelicious junk. I am weak.

Be careful  :police:

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4218 on: September 28, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »

The logic is sound, but...

When I decide to just be lazy and eat nothing cause 'it'll balance out' it always backfires and I end up starving at like 11:30pm and proceed to eat too muchdelicious junk. I am weak.

Be careful  :police:

Fortunately, I don't have that problem as I don't keep junk food at home and am entirely too lazy to get dressed to walk to a convenience store.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4219 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »
Man, I have the exact opposite problem: I can't adjust my intake (I still eat like a teenager) so I spend way too much time running. Thank jeebus that I have the metabolism of a toaster oven!
Burn calories burn!

Fortunately, I don't have that problem as I don't keep junk food at home and am entirely too lazy to get dressed to walk to a convenience store.
A sad story. Here, let me help you out!
http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=905068575
  :angel:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:09:23 PM by kyndo »

Magic Ears ESL
Work from home and teach English to Chinese Children online with Magic Ears!! Teach 25 minute group lessons in the morning or the evening! The base pay is $18-26 an hour! To be qualified for this position you will need to be a native speaker from the US or Canada. You can apply using the bottom link for priority viewing on your application. For more information, please join our Q and A group https://www.facebook.com/groups/MagicEarsQA/
https://t.mmears.com?referralCode=T142094