December 15, 2017, 09:47:04 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 429364 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3900 on: June 28, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
Scalpers, man  >:(

I usually avoid stuff like Black Friday sales and the like but I think it'd be fun to camp out for this one, honestly  :laugh:

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3901 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:31 PM »
My coteacher has some sort of problem with her jaw, and the doctor told her it's because she talks to much. She seemed to accept this news with some skepticism, but I believe it because she never shuts up. Ever. All she does is loudly talk. Why is she so loud? We're all just a few feet away; there's no need to shout. Sometimes I'll go hide in the English classroom during the afternoons just to get away from her endless chatter.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3902 on: June 28, 2017, 03:09:33 PM »
My coteacher has some sort of problem with her jaw, and the doctor told her it's because she talks to much. She seemed to accept this news with some skepticism, but I believe it because she never shuts up. Ever. All she does is loudly talk. Why is she so loud? We're all just a few feet away; there's no need to shout. Sometimes I'll go hide in the English classroom during the afternoons just to get away from her endless chatter.

Sounds compulsive, really.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3903 on: June 28, 2017, 03:47:53 PM »
Also I think it's silly that Nintendo wants to focus solely on newer products when they could milk the retro for easy money.  The retail cost of an NES classic was roughly the same price as a single new game for a new console.  I don't think a prolonged production of the NES classic would have necessarily detracted too much from sales of new games.  Near everyone seemed to go nuts over the new Zelda anyway.  I myself would love to have it but I'm not gonna buy a new console just for one game.

Nintendo always under produces.

yeah they always do this, and it's one of the reasons why i dislike nintendo. there's actually a term for it - artificial scarcity.

basically they're trying to create demand for their products by making them rare.

it's stupid because the demand is already there. just make more of your damn things, Nintendo!

it's almost like they hate money.

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3904 on: June 28, 2017, 03:51:42 PM »
http://inspirobot.me/

this is the first one it gave me.  perfect for waygook  :laugh:

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3905 on: June 28, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »
Also I think it's silly that Nintendo wants to focus solely on newer products when they could milk the retro for easy money.  The retail cost of an NES classic was roughly the same price as a single new game for a new console.  I don't think a prolonged production of the NES classic would have necessarily detracted too much from sales of new games.  Near everyone seemed to go nuts over the new Zelda anyway.  I myself would love to have it but I'm not gonna buy a new console just for one game.

Nintendo always under produces.

yeah they always do this, and it's one of the reasons why i dislike nintendo. there's actually a term for it - artificial scarcity.

basically they're trying to create demand for their products by making them rare.

it's stupid because the demand is already there. just make more of your damn things, Nintendo!

it's almost like they hate money.

Nintendo has always done weird stuff but I imagine after the Wii U flopped they were hesitant to mass produce.

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3906 on: June 29, 2017, 11:41:28 AM »
How do I insert a gif in a comment or on a post, on this here waygook.org, without it being the size of .. well the size of something really really big  :-[
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3907 on: June 29, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »
I saw a great rear-window decal on a car today.

It was an anthropomorphized apple, bowing with the word "Sorry" on it.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3908 on: June 29, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »
http://inspirobot.me/

this is the first one it gave me.  perfect for waygook  :laugh:

This, in my opinion, is a close second. Especially for those good folk messing about in the political threads.  :smiley:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3909 on: June 29, 2017, 12:21:35 PM »
This, in my opinion, is a close second. Especially for those good folk messing about in the political threads.  :smiley:

You don't know me.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3910 on: June 29, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
You don't know me.
Yes I do.
Here's one especially for you:

:smiley:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3911 on: June 30, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
Enter the teachers' office and the art teacher is standing stock still by the door, staring intently at the ground.  A student approaches the door to exit. 

Dramatically, she points and utters a single word, "모기!"

The student pauses, spies the mosquito, then grabs it out of the air in a single swipe.  He turns to bow, bid farewell, and departs. 

Like a boss. 

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3912 on: July 03, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »

At the risk of sounding like a know-it-all nerdbaby, this is probably because (for some reason, I don't know) 사과 is obviously apple, but also something you can say to say sorry. And sometimes people give apples when they want to apologize. It's not super common. But it's a thing.

사과 means apple and apology. I'll give you an apple, also means I'll apologize to you. It's punny.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3913 on: July 03, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »

At the risk of sounding like a know-it-all nerdbaby, this is probably because (for some reason, I don't know) 사과 is obviously apple, but also something you can say to say sorry. And sometimes people give apples when they want to apologize. It's not super common. But it's a thing.

사과 means apple and apology. I'll give you an apple, also means I'll apologize to you. It's punny.

I saw the same sticker on a different car yesterday, but it had the "Novice Driver" Korean text on it.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3914 on: July 03, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »

I saw the same sticker on a different car yesterday, but it had the "Novice Driver" Korean text on it.

So, sorry for being a novice driver?

I see those new drivers stickers all the time these days, I think people really dont care.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3915 on: July 03, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »
Decided I'm gonna check out Nagasaki and Gunkanjima this next trip in Japan.  And Yufuin for a scenic train ride and to see the bakery from Kiki's Delivery Service  :laugh:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/18/visit-kikis-bakery-at-a-unique-fairytale-village-in-japan/

Gonna investigate one of the cat islands too and another isle that has a petting zoo with rabbits and miscellany.  Okunoshima/rabbit island is on the list for a future trip (whenever I hit up Hiroshima/Kyoto/Osaka). 

This time is all about northern Kyushu!  Also, I'm seriously thinking about just chilling in Fukuoka/Japan for a month after I finish up my time in Korea-- there are some Airbnb options that would make it super affordable!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3916 on: July 03, 2017, 04:25:43 PM »

This time is all about northern Kyushu!  Also, I'm seriously thinking about just chilling in Fukuoka/Japan for a month after I finish up my time in Korea-- there are some Airbnb options that would make it super (read: kind of) affordable!

Super affordable for Japan.  :wink:  And comparable to rent prices back home depending on where you're from.

There are rooms for around $15 a night and most places have discounts if you stay a week or longer.  If you're chill with having a private room with the rest of the house being communal. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3917 on: July 03, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »
I laughed at Final Fantasy 2, but 15!?

Seriously?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3918 on: July 04, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »
I laughed at Final Fantasy 2, but 15!?

Seriously?

More like the never ending saga, hahaha.  Much like Mario and Pokemon, I'm sure it will go on forevermore.

Def. not complaining about several of the installments though.  Love me some 4, 6, & 7.

I also just laugh every time Miyazaki declares he's "retiring."  Taking a hiatus would be more accurate. 

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3919 on: July 04, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
Having a really, really hard time focusing today, and I've got so much work to do. Coffee isn't working, either.

Wish I could hit the gym right now, shower, and return. Would really help to get me back into my headgame.