December 11, 2017, 05:28:00 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 424976 times)

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3700 on: June 05, 2017, 02:01:42 PM »
Watched both the new Pirates movie and Wonder Woman this past weekend.

I enjoyed both. But not without a lot of eye-rolling. Especially with how they had a few of the Amazons walking like they were swole. xD

Lots of fun.

I saw both this weekend too.  I don't know which one I liked better.  Which one did you think was better in regards to just overall enjoyment?

For me it was Pirates. Because a big part of films like these for me is the antagonist, and, I'm sorry, Ares is super-duper lame. Captain Salazar beats him hands-down. Also, I thought Wonder Woman's character was a little bland. They relied too much on the actress' good looks.

Pirates definitely had more eye-rolling worthy scenes, though. But all in good fun.
I really liked both as well. They were just good entertainment. But you're right, there were a few "Uh, ok" moments.

I think I liked Pirates better too.  There were one or two memorable moments in Wonderwoman but I liked how Pirates captured the feeling of adventure.  I didn't know where they would end up next or what they would face and when I saw what they encountered it was amazing.  Adventure rocks. 

If anyone goes to see Pirates by the way there is a post credits scene.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:06:16 PM by defenderoftherealm »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3701 on: June 05, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
DOES NOT COMPUTE.

I mostly just liked that they cast one of my favorite basketball players in the lead role.

Who?

Gheorge Muresan. He was in the time travel scene.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:27:12 PM by donovan »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3702 on: June 05, 2017, 03:30:13 PM »
DOES NOT COMPUTE.

I mostly just liked that they cast one of my favorite basketball players in the lead role.

Who?

What the hell time travel scene are you talking about? In Get Out?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3703 on: June 05, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Who?

What the hell time travel scene are you talking about? In Get Out?

C'mon man. You were *there*.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3704 on: June 05, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
The most obscure reference I've ever seen. Oi vey.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3705 on: June 05, 2017, 04:01:41 PM »
The most obscure reference I've ever seen. Oi vey.

@ donovan: I thought the whole premise, like time traveling, is stupid.

DOES NOT COMPUTE. <---- *I* didn't even get it at this point. I was going to correct her and say that 'the sunken place' was in no way time travel. THEN I got it ----->

:cry: Chinguetti started it :cry:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #3708 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
Chinguetti and Donovan enjoying a scenic hike together. :smiley:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:57:38 PM by kyndo »

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #3709 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:42 PM »
Is there any other Waygook.org user more universally liked than Chinguetti?

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3710 on: June 07, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »
:-*

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3711 on: June 07, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
Has anyone seen The Mummy yet?   I feel like that'd be a fun one to see in 4D.  I've only seen the first Pirates movie but I feel any of those in the franchise would be a good 'un for 4D. 

I need to get me to a movie theatre this weekend. 

Only downside to 4D for me is if there's water spray since I wear glasses.  Love the effect though.  I think there was some after some blood splatter when I saw Resident Evil.   8)

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3712 on: June 07, 2017, 01:19:04 PM »
Has anyone seen The Mummy yet?   I feel like that'd be a fun one to see in 4D.  I've only seen the first Pirates movie but I feel any of those in the franchise would be a good 'un for 4D. 

Only downside to 4D for me is if there's water spray since I wear glasses.  Love the effect though.  I think there was some after some blood splatter when I saw Resident Evil.   8)

if you wanna see the mummy in 4d just wait until it comes out on blu-ray, then watch it in your apartment and get someone to throw toilet paper at you.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3713 on: June 07, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »

Watched this whole gif. Missed the ending. Watched the whole thing again.

Not so sure. I saw her talk sharply to some other waygook.org users a while back.

But I think we're all agreed that "Surviving the Game" is the best (non-time travel/-basketball/-Bond) Ice-T movie this side of "Who's the Man?"

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #3714 on: June 07, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »

if you wanna see the mummy in 4d just wait until it comes out on blu-ray, then watch it in your apartment and get someone to throw toilet paper at you.

Can't stand 4D. The only movie I saw in 4D that did it right was "Fury Road". Otherwise the seats nauseate me, the spray annoys me, the 똥침 confounds me, and I'm forced to sit straight-backed off the chair to hold my lunch and fend off a headache.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3715 on: June 07, 2017, 01:45:07 PM »

Watching this was truly time well spent.   8)
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3716 on: June 07, 2017, 01:47:04 PM »

Can't stand 4D. The only movie I saw in 4D that did it right was "Fury Road". Otherwise the seats nauseate me, the spray annoys me, the 똥침 confounds me, and I'm forced to sit straight-backed off the chair to hold my lunch and fend off a headache.

Yeah 4D is fun for a 5 minute ride at an amusement park but it's annoying for a whole movie. I saw Civil War in 4D and I wouldda been furious had I not already seen it a few times already. The 4D was distracting and was not fun for over 2 hours o.o

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #3717 on: June 07, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
Please keep in mind that resigning and re-signing are literally opposites.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3718 on: June 07, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
Please keep in mind that resigning and re-signing are literally opposites.

We should start a trend to use "renew " and "quit"

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3719 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:06 PM »

Yeah 4D is fun for a 5 minute ride at an amusement park but it's annoying for a whole movie. I saw Civil War in 4D and I wouldda been furious had I not already seen it a few times already. The 4D was distracting and was not fun for over 2 hours o.o

Oh man, I would have loved to have seen Mad Max in 4D! That was a baller film. 

As I get older, the less interested I am in amusement parks so 4D films are like low key roller coaster rides for my aging self :laugh: 

I've yet to see one that was ridiculous with the 4D though.  I think the movies I've seen had just enough and not too much.