December 11, 2017, 05:19:45 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 424972 times)

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #3380 on: April 14, 2017, 03:42:59 PM »
A filthy weird dude who remote rural island K-gals hopped in bed with?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3381 on: April 14, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
A filthy weird dude who remote rural island K-gals hopped in bed with?

http://youtu.be/YUtHjOvPKT0

Online thunderlips

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3382 on: April 14, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »
Option #1 he found a coffee delivery service

Option #2 he filled the condoms manually

I'm going with number 2.
Kor Share at jcink

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3383 on: April 14, 2017, 03:52:52 PM »
Hahahahah one of the new teachers told me the last NET she knew was a weirdo who only responded "yes" or "no" to questions and left behind a bunch of nasty used condoms under the mattress when he departed.

Yikes.

First of all, how do used condoms get under a mattress? Second of all, who leaves them under a mattress?

Third - how do you attract a partner if you're so awkward you can't even make polite smalltalk with your coworkers.

Ugh.

Yeah she said they all gave up talking to him after a while.  Also, this was on another island that's even more remote than mine so English speakers woulda been super scarce-- not sure how he woulda gone about attracting a partner even if he did have basic social skills  :undecided:

Well how much talking are you gonna do if it's a remote island where no one else speaks English? Assuming he doesn't speak Korean... I'm not having conversations with most of my co-workers either. No one really feels like playing charades and I'm okay with that.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3384 on: April 14, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
Hahahahah one of the new teachers told me the last NET she knew was a weirdo who only responded "yes" or "no" to questions and left behind a bunch of nasty used condoms under the mattress when he departed.

Yikes.

First of all, how do used condoms get under a mattress? Second of all, who leaves them under a mattress?

Third - how do you attract a partner if you're so awkward you can't even make polite smalltalk with your coworkers.

Ugh.

Yeah she said they all gave up talking to him after a while.  Also, this was on another island that's even more remote than mine so English speakers woulda been super scarce-- not sure how he woulda gone about attracting a partner even if he did have basic social skills  :undecided:

Well how much talking are you gonna do if it's a remote island where no one else speaks English? Assuming he doesn't speak Korean... I'm not having conversations with most of my co-workers either. No one really feels like playing charades and I'm okay with that.

The teachers asked him questions in English... this new teacher speaks English pretty decently and she's not even an English teacher.

Edit: sorry, to clarify-- i meant it would be unlikely for any of the locals/islanders to speak English. All the teachers get outsourced from the mainland typically.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:58:42 PM by yirj17 »

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #3385 on: April 14, 2017, 04:12:41 PM »
YUS! I left almost a full tube of colgate at my old school when I moved and I'm still contemplating messaging my old CT to see if it's there XD But I can get more!!!!

One of my Korean co-workers actually has a tube of Colgate toothpaste -- I see it whenever she takes her cup, toothbrush, and toothpaste to the bathroom and leaves them temporarily unattended by the sink for a moment (I guess maybe while she's in one of the stalls doing her business...). Every time I see her tube of Colgate toothpaste in the bathroom, I always wonder where she got it from...haha.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3386 on: April 14, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
They sell Colgate both on Coupang and Gmarket. That's where I buy mine, but before I discovered that I'd pick up a few tubes in Seoul whenever I was there. Easy to find around Itaewon and the like.

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #3387 on: April 14, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »
They sell Colgate both on Coupang and Gmarket. That's where I buy mine, but before I discovered that I'd pick up a few tubes in Seoul whenever I was there. Easy to find around Itaewon and the like.

I meant it more on the rhetorical side, but good to know nonetheless for future reference. I have a lot of toothpaste stocked up from whenever I visit my home country, though, so I'll be good on toothpaste for a while.

Online Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3388 on: April 14, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »
Final class for the day with 4th graders. We finished off the 'Let's play soccer' lesson. They're a bright bunch and I taught them how to make their own sentences using the sentence structure. For my practice activity, a pick a student, say eg. 'Let's play computer games' they reply 'Sounds good' or 'No, thanks', then pick someone in the class to ask a question etc.

I got to this one brave, little guy , who mustered up his courage and asked the girl sitting next to him '소민, Let's shake hands', he puts his hand out to little 소민 who gives a disgusted look and says 'No, thanks.'
Poor kid looked like his whole world just crumbled... Oh well, your pimp hand obviously wasn't strong enough, kid.

:cry: aw man, poor little dude. kids can be so mean!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:47:54 PM by Imogen1991 »

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3389 on: April 15, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »
After living in Korea for 7 1/2 years, I recently upgraded my phone to one not bought in Korea and it's the weirdest thing not hearing a noise when taking a photo.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3390 on: April 15, 2017, 07:09:08 PM »
After living in Korea for 7 1/2 years, I recently upgraded my phone to one not bought in Korea and it's the weirdest thing not hearing a noise when taking a photo.

I had an original LG Wine flip phone back in Canada that said "say cheese!" before the shutter tripped.

That was much more annoying than the click.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3391 on: April 17, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »
One of my tiny classes of 4th graders always cheers me up!  There are two boys who are just so goofy.  For some reason they like stuffing puppets up other puppets' rears:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3392 on: April 17, 2017, 10:44:49 AM »
One of my tiny classes of 4th graders always cheers me up!  There are two boys who are just so goofy.  For some reason they like stuffing puppets up other puppets' rears:

Existential Crisis (one of my fave classic youtube vids)

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3393 on: April 17, 2017, 11:41:59 AM »
Chunjae, grade 6, lesson 4, page 58, Look and Listen. Jason and Ming share a birthday: April 20th. Did the author know what they were doing or what?

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3394 on: April 17, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »
Okay so let's play What's That Smell:

It's got a chemical element to it? Like misted sharpie mixed with cheap laundry detergent. Might be specific to older folks but that's inconclusive. Someone has to have gotten a whiff of this. It's everywhere.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3395 on: April 17, 2017, 11:52:03 AM »
Chunjae, grade 6, lesson 4, page 58, Look and Listen. Jason and Ming share a birthday: April 20th. Did the author know what they were doing or what?

My mom's birthday, really.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3396 on: April 17, 2017, 11:57:11 AM »

It's got a chemical element to it? Like misted sharpie mixed with cheap laundry detergent. Might be specific to older folks but that's inconclusive. Someone has to have gotten a whiff of this. It's everywhere.

Is it that aerosol injury spray? Smells like menthol?

I don't think so? I feel like menthol would be pretty identifiable. It doesnt really SMELL like anything in particular -- just chemicals. This gonna bother me.  :sad:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3397 on: April 17, 2017, 11:58:36 AM »

My mom's birthday, really.

I have a class of 4 at one school. Doing this unit we learned that 2 kids have the same birthday, one is 3 days later, and one is a week after that. They're all March birthdays. So is mine. So is my ct. March is the only month these kids bothered to remember...

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3398 on: April 17, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »

I don't think so? I feel like menthol would be pretty identifiable. It doesnt really SMELL like anything in particular -- just chemicals. This gonna bother me.  :sad:

Moth balls?

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3399 on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:16 PM »

I don't think so? I feel like menthol would be pretty identifiable. It doesn't really SMELL like anything in particular -- just chemicals. This gonna bother me.  :sad:

Moth balls?
Yeah it does kind of sound like moth balls. I bought a few to try and keep from closet from getting that musty smell, but they were so overpowering I had to toss them out. It's like they could almost smell good, but that sharp chemical smell is far too much.