February 25, 2018, 01:21:59 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 518908 times)

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2860 on: February 20, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »
So, talked to my coteacher about the kinda broken bed frame, she talked to the admin office, and she said they wouldn't charge me for it since it isn't like horrendously broken (one of the metal connectors is bent, so without bending it back I can't put it back together)

but I'm afraid they'll change their minds and charge me anyways and there won't be anything I can do about it because I can't fix the bed once I leave and I won't have any recourse

bleh

There's a bed frame the same size, except nicer, that someone has put in the "big trash" area of my building that I could totally replace it with, but I could also be charged because they wanted me to take all of *my* furniture out of the apartment and they might count that as "my" furniture and me throwing away "their" furniture if I got rid of the broken one

anxiety yay

Why dont you just ask them if you can replace it. a nicer one is better than the broken one no? you can even tell them that it can become "their" furniture for free.

Hmm. I can text my coteacher and see if she can ask if they'd prefer for me to replace it or not. I mean, I have offered to replace it, so that would make it extra absurd if they decided to charge me.

The school has a budget just for you especially with wear-and-tear to the 'school property' that is in your house.  Go with your co-t and the school card and buy the new frame.  Job done.  Say it is broken because of tooooo much action from boyfriends and girlfriends.  No questions ever asked ever again.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:31:22 PM by Dave Stepz »

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2861 on: February 20, 2017, 12:35:23 PM »
We went out to lunch today and when I opened the door of the teacher's car I was hit with the strongest smell of onions. She had a box of them in her back seat, and she said it was to get rid of the "new car" smell.
Well..............

Ha! That's for sure. I was surprised someone would prefer the smell sun-baked onions over the new car smell, but here we are.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Single
« Reply #2862 on: February 20, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »
Slow day on Waygook............. hahaha

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2863 on: February 20, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »
Slow day on Waygook............. hahaha
Indeed. I'm desk warming and my greatest distraction is so dead.

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2864 on: February 20, 2017, 03:21:32 PM »
Yeah. My guess is that this week is a busy/transitional one for many.

Ch-ch-ch-changes....

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2865 on: February 21, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »
So, talked to my coteacher about the kinda broken bed frame, she talked to the admin office, and she said they wouldn't charge me for it since it isn't like horrendously broken (one of the metal connectors is bent, so without bending it back I can't put it back together)

but I'm afraid they'll change their minds and charge me anyways and there won't be anything I can do about it because I can't fix the bed once I leave and I won't have any recourse

bleh

There's a bed frame the same size, except nicer, that someone has put in the "big trash" area of my building that I could totally replace it with, but I could also be charged because they wanted me to take all of *my* furniture out of the apartment and they might count that as "my" furniture and me throwing away "their" furniture if I got rid of the broken one

anxiety yay

Why dont you just ask them if you can replace it. a nicer one is better than the broken one no? you can even tell them that it can become "their" furniture for free.

Hmm. I can text my coteacher and see if she can ask if they'd prefer for me to replace it or not. I mean, I have offered to replace it, so that would make it extra absurd if they decided to charge me.

The school has a budget just for you especially with wear-and-tear to the 'school property' that is in your house.  Go with your co-t and the school card and buy the new frame.  Job done.  Say it is broken because of tooooo much action from boyfriends and girlfriends.  No questions ever asked ever again.

lmao!

I had her ask the people in the admin office if they were really totally sure they didn't want me to replace it, and she texted me confirmation that they aren't going to use the bed frame again (while I'm getting a replacement, my school won't be their main school, hence my school won't be providing their furniture), I don't need to replace it, and they won't charge me. Now that I have a written record of that assurance I feel a little bit more confident about the whole thing

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2866 on: February 21, 2017, 08:54:02 AM »
Anybody see the Disney Moana movie?

That "I'm so shiny" song is stuck in my head....

GO Tuesdays!

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2867 on: February 21, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
There are some seriously pissed off cats somewhere outside my office building. Sounds like a Sharks and Jets showdown. I'm trying to concentrate on work but I can't with all that noise.

I might have to try to chase them off, but what will people think if they see a crazy foreign lady rumbling with a bunch of cats?

@ Maximus: Yes, and that's the best song in the whole film. I've got it on my ipod, beats "Let it Go" hands down, I don't even care.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2868 on: February 21, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »
I might have to try to chase them off, but what will people think if they see a crazy foreign lady rumbling with a bunch of cats?

Outside my old apartment there used to be a couple of 'arguing' cats and I found throwing ice cubes in their general direction was the best way to get them to shut up.  Not leaving a mess, either. 

Give them an inch and they'll do this/

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2869 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:13 AM »
What, pat me on the bum to tell me I did a good job? :)

The cats have stopped, so either they've settled their differences for now, or someone else ran them off.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2870 on: February 21, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »
What, pat me on the bum to tell me I did a good job? :)

The cats have stopped, so either they've settled their differences for now, or someone else ran them off.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2871 on: February 21, 2017, 09:30:05 AM »

Outside my old apartment there used to be a couple of 'arguing' cats and I found throwing ice cubes in their general direction was the best way to get them to shut up.  Not leaving a mess, either. 

Give them an inch and they'll do this/

Bitch was grabbed by a/the...

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #2872 on: February 21, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »
Kitty loves to tap that.. Meeeeowww

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2873 on: February 21, 2017, 09:42:11 AM »
Anybody see the Disney Moana movie?

That "I'm so shiny" song is stuck in my head....

GO Tuesdays!
I loved that one, and "You're Welcome." It made me laugh when I realized it was the guy from Flight of the Concords.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2874 on: February 21, 2017, 06:45:21 PM »
How come I can remember all the words to dozens of albums but I can't learn one page of Korean vocab  :sad:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2875 on: February 21, 2017, 07:18:58 PM »
I'm usually not one for fusion food, but Mr. Pizza Bulgoggi pizza is the best!

:afro:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2876 on: February 22, 2017, 11:54:42 AM »
I intended to bring my umbrellas to school and leave them here for the inevitable situation where someone forgets their umbrella on a day when it suddenly starts raining

I forgot to bring them

and it suddenly started raining

:rolleyes:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Single
« Reply #2877 on: February 22, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »
Something tells me that doing this icebreaker game wouldn't be a good idea next week...................... :laugh:

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2878 on: February 27, 2017, 08:57:04 AM »
Wow, was a bit shocked to see this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/26/bill-paxton-dies-61-aliens-titanic

From one of my favourite film clips ever....

I can still watch Aliens and be on the edge of my seat.

Offline Conner42

• Adventurer
« Reply #2879 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:41 AM »
No idea how to watch the Academy Awards right now when I'm in China...my dad is having to tell me what's going on right now. Life feels a little empty now...
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP