August 20, 2018, 05:02:02 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 746030 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2840 on: February 16, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »
Happy to be able to help.

That soup is so nasty.  Those who eat it smell like they are dying afterwards.
I have never seen it offered anywhere and I'm thankful I haven't, especially if it smells that bad too.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2841 on: February 16, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
Now I want to try it. But I'll try anything. hahahaha

Even raw horse in Tokyo.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2842 on: February 16, 2017, 03:01:35 PM »
Now I want to try it. But I'll try anything. hahahaha

Even raw horse in Tokyo.
That's my general consensus on things as well, but not if it is going to poison me.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2843 on: February 16, 2017, 03:14:00 PM »
Also DANG where'd you get that raw horse life in Tokyo? I'd be hell of down.

I had raw chicken in Osaka, and it's in the high levels of best things I've ever eaten.

There's a very foreign friendly Izakaya in Roppongi. 16 bucks for a little bit though. Hella expensive.

I've heard about the raw chicken thing. It was good? Hard to fathom...........

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2844 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:04 PM »
Japan is best most wonderful fun :(

It's true. I was talking to some other Canadians in an izakaya on my last night there a month ago. There's something magical about Japan that we couldn't quite put our fingers on.

I've thought about it and I think it's the eccentricity and absurdity on show there. They really took the American influence after WWII and................. Japanified it? The fashion, the design, the bizarre characters.

When I compare fashion in Korea and Japan, I always say that Korea took a lot more influence from France. Very demure, neutral, Earth colours that don't pop. The Japanese took a much more liberal approach and it's much nicer on the eyes from a unique and "eye-catching" perspective.

Same with Don Quijote, I mean, I'm trying to think of an equivalent store in Korea........ Daiso? No, that doesn't work. Emart? No.

Japan has been a true treat each time I've gone.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2845 on: February 17, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
I'm bored as heck anyone have a boardgamearena account and want to play koi-koi with me? haha

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2846 on: February 17, 2017, 09:59:30 AM »
Seriously thinking about playing Sims on my computer.

But then I also have Rosetta Stone and I really should start using it.

But I also don't want to think today.

Offline insulimted

• Veteran
« Reply #2847 on: February 17, 2017, 10:15:22 AM »
Since you’re all talking music…
I’m starting to make up a lesson for the phrase “I wonder….” So I thought of this song - . But in listening to it again it made me remember this song - that I enjoyed a few years ago. I’m not that musical but for some reason my mind made the connection. Maybe a musical person could tell me if I’m hearing things.

Oh wow, yeah - huge similarities there. I heard it right away with his 'wowowowo' and her 'wawawawawa.' That Park Ji-Yoon song is actually awesome. Great video, too.

No, not the singing. I think I figured it out. It's an early synthesizer called a claviolin. I agree that Park Ji-Yoon is awesome.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2848 on: February 17, 2017, 10:45:13 AM »
Cats in full attack mode always remind me of Bugs Bunny.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2849 on: February 17, 2017, 03:11:39 PM »
It's friday. Going to open a bottle of wine for the first time since Christmas and eat weird fake German hot dogs from a fake german hot dog place that has weirdly opened in my local swimming pool.

Wild.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2850 on: February 20, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
So, talked to my coteacher about the kinda broken bed frame, she talked to the admin office, and she said they wouldn't charge me for it since it isn't like horrendously broken (one of the metal connectors is bent, so without bending it back I can't put it back together)

but I'm afraid they'll change their minds and charge me anyways and there won't be anything I can do about it because I can't fix the bed once I leave and I won't have any recourse

bleh

There's a bed frame the same size, except nicer, that someone has put in the "big trash" area of my building that I could totally replace it with, but I could also be charged because they wanted me to take all of *my* furniture out of the apartment and they might count that as "my" furniture and me throwing away "their" furniture if I got rid of the broken one

anxiety yay

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2851 on: February 20, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
It's friday. Going to open a bottle of wine for the first time since Christmas and eat weird fake German hot dogs from a fake german hot dog place that has weirdly opened in my local swimming pool.

Wild.

Usually, someone else opens it for you?  You is reet posh!

Offline klx001

• Adventurer
  • what is life.
« Reply #2852 on: February 20, 2017, 12:12:15 PM »
So, talked to my coteacher about the kinda broken bed frame, she talked to the admin office, and she said they wouldn't charge me for it since it isn't like horrendously broken (one of the metal connectors is bent, so without bending it back I can't put it back together)

but I'm afraid they'll change their minds and charge me anyways and there won't be anything I can do about it because I can't fix the bed once I leave and I won't have any recourse

bleh

There's a bed frame the same size, except nicer, that someone has put in the "big trash" area of my building that I could totally replace it with, but I could also be charged because they wanted me to take all of *my* furniture out of the apartment and they might count that as "my" furniture and me throwing away "their" furniture if I got rid of the broken one

anxiety yay

Why dont you just ask them if you can replace it. a nicer one is better than the broken one no? you can even tell them that it can become "their" furniture for free.
idk tho.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2853 on: February 20, 2017, 12:15:09 PM »

bleh

anxiety yay

Why dont you just ask them if you can replace it. a nicer one is better than the broken one no? you can even tell them that it can become "their" furniture for free.

Hmm. I can text my coteacher and see if she can ask if they'd prefer for me to replace it or not. I mean, I have offered to replace it, so that would make it extra absurd if they decided to charge me.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2854 on: February 20, 2017, 12:22:40 PM »
We went out to lunch today and when I opened the door of the teacher's car I was hit with the strongest smell of onions. She had a box of them in her back seat, and she said it was to get rid of the "new car" smell.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2855 on: February 20, 2017, 12:26:04 PM »
We went out to lunch today and when I opened the door of the teacher's car I was hit with the strongest smell of onions. She had a box of them in her back seat, and she said it was to get rid of the "new car" smell.
Well..............

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2856 on: February 20, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »

bleh

anxiety yay

Hmm. I can text my coteacher and see if she can ask if they'd prefer for me to replace it or not. I mean, I have offered to replace it, so that would make it extra absurd if they decided to charge me.

The school has a budget just for you especially with wear-and-tear to the 'school property' that is in your house.  Go with your co-t and the school card and buy the new frame.  Job done.  Say it is broken because of tooooo much action from boyfriends and girlfriends.  No questions ever asked ever again.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:31:22 PM by Dave Stepz »

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2857 on: February 20, 2017, 12:35:23 PM »
Well..............

Ha! That's for sure. I was surprised someone would prefer the smell sun-baked onions over the new car smell, but here we are.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #2858 on: February 20, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »
Slow day on Waygook............. hahaha

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2859 on: February 20, 2017, 03:12:32 PM »
Slow day on Waygook............. hahaha
Indeed. I'm desk warming and my greatest distraction is so dead.