December 17, 2017, 08:36:43 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 430150 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2380 on: December 13, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »
The cut-off time for delivery from McDonald's in my area used to be something like 9:45, but they extended it by I'm not sure how much, and I've already ordered McDonald's at 11 PM twice this month

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2381 on: December 13, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »
I'm fleshing out my fake vs real foods lesson a little bit to use next week and found a couple new fake foods to use. Problem is some of them don't have descriptions, like Funistrada; anyone want to help me come up with a description of it? lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:39:56 AM by moonbrie »

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2382 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:14 AM »
The cut-off time for delivery from McDonald's in my area used to be something like 9:45, but they extended it by I'm not sure how much, and I've already ordered McDonald's at 11 PM twice this month

I came to this country for the damn mcdonalds delivery service and if I don't get it once then this has been all for nothing.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2383 on: December 13, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »

I came to this country for the damn mcdonalds delivery service and if I don't get it once then this has been all for nothing.

They have an English version of the delivery site! It's so easy!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:48:19 AM by moonbrie »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2384 on: December 13, 2016, 11:50:02 AM »
Ever since CO2 taught me how to properly embed links I swear I've been doing it every other post

Not sure if he should be ashamed or proud  :laugh:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2385 on: December 13, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
McDonald's hashbrowns and coffee are the best breakfast. Their coffee is really, really decent.

I'm with you, bro. Large 2000 won roast coffee with four creams e'ry morning.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2386 on: December 13, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »

They have an English version of the delivery site! It's so easy!

I tried to use it at an airbnb in seoul but I was outside of the delivery area. I threw a small hissy fit over that and then ordered chicken instead. At least yogiyo didn't abandon me :')

Offline itsalliecat

• Waygookin
« Reply #2387 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
So, a few mornings this past week my officemates have come in to find piles of almonds in their computer cabinets in their desks. They think it's rats, but where are all of these almonds coming from and why are rats supposedly hoarding handfuls of them by the computers? Weird...at least thanks to whoever's doing it, the office is getting a few deep cleanings for once. I hope this mystery rat is caught before I leave in Feb.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2388 on: December 13, 2016, 01:37:20 PM »
Just ordered a 24 pack of sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper from Gmarket.

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Ew. Unless it was Diet Dr. Pepper. Then... a little bit less ew. Maybe.

If sugar is literally poison, then what of aspartame?

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2389 on: December 13, 2016, 01:43:08 PM »
So, a few mornings this past week my officemates have come in to find piles of almonds in their computer cabinets in their desks. They think it's rats, but where are all of these almonds coming from and why are rats supposedly hoarding handfuls of them by the computers? Weird...at least thanks to whoever's doing it, the office is getting a few deep cleanings for once. I hope this mystery rat is caught before I leave in Feb.
So, for all of you who think that their school offices are disgraceful nests of filth, you know what to do! ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2390 on: December 13, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
So, for all of you who think that their school offices are disgraceful nests of filth, you know what to do! ;D

What a waste of almonds! Use a different nut!

Offline Dorwell

• Waygookin
« Reply #2391 on: December 13, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »
I used to have a Mcbreakfast every Friday morning, as a reward for getting through a week. I wake up relatively early, and had no problem in ordering it. But recently, they've had the "order later" thing come up. I presume it's because they have no drivers at the time?!

It's been months like this, even on a Saturday morning, the delivery service doesn't start till like 9.

Other times, it's taken hours to come. Surely, it can't be difficult to find delivery drivers?!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2392 on: December 13, 2016, 02:03:25 PM »
I'm actually really fond of the shrimp burgers. First had one at a McDonald's in Japan. Glad they're in Korea too. Been many a moon since I've been to a McD's though. I feel like I see more Burger Kings around than Mcdonald's where I go.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2393 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

What a waste of almonds! Use a different nut!

Paging Pecan. Paging Pecan.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2394 on: December 13, 2016, 02:42:34 PM »

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Aspartame is literally poison, too. But! It's obviously the lesser of two evils. Love me some Diet Coke.

I'm actually with you on sugar. But artificial sweeteners?

They're basically harmless.

'The Evidence Supports Artificial Sweeteners Over Sugar'
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

The available evidence points to the fact that there appears to be a correlation between sugar consumption and health problems; none can be detected with artificial sweeteners.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2395 on: December 13, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
Personally I just don't like the taste of aspartame. There's an odd aftertaste I can never quite get over.

Coworker points to the giant 3D snowflake I made for practice and asked if I am stressed. Lol just practicing

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2396 on: December 13, 2016, 03:52:47 PM »
I thought they had found that artificial sweetners had the same effect in regards to insulin production as sugar.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2397 on: December 13, 2016, 04:01:21 PM »

Aspartame is literally poison, too. But! It's obviously the lesser of two evils. Love me some Diet Coke.

I'm actually with you on sugar. But artificial sweeteners?

They're basically harmless.

'The Evidence Supports Artificial Sweeteners Over Sugar'
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/28/upshot/the-evidence-supports-artificial-sweeteners-over-sugar.html

The available evidence points to the fact that there appears to be a correlation between sugar consumption and health problems; none can be detected with artificial sweeteners.

I know, donovan, but Waygook.org user yirj17 really wanted me to say it was poison.

Aspartame is awesome because I can drink a sweet thing without eating sugar.

But yeah, it does taste funky. And it does not mix well with booze. Like, such a gnarly taste.

But otherwise, basically less poisonous than sugar in every way.

Maybe not literally, but basically yeah   :laugh:

It honestly does taste artificial though. Makes me want to ingest real sugar pronto to compensate.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2398 on: December 13, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2399 on: December 13, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »
I don't know if it's just me but the McDonald burgers don't taste the same here as they do back home. Maybe it's just because they're usually not as "fresh" or something, but they don't have the same flavor? Not really a big fan. But I still like the fries and morning sandwiches.

And I prefer BK over McD. So glad we're finally getting one that I can actually find around here.

In North America the meat in McDonalds and Burger King is way fresher and the burgers are usually 100% beef from the said country. Here they use Australian beef usually so it is frozen and shipped here so there is a frozen/old taste to the burgers here.

Some steaks and roasts here are also just glued meat especially at buffets. I got sick from eating glued meat from a supermarket here.