December 17, 2017, 08:18:02 AM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 430145 times)

Offline wblancha

• Waygookin
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2360 on: December 12, 2016, 10:04:09 AM »
I am starting to think that my school enrolls students in fight club because throughout the past month or so I have seen at least 12 students hobbling around in those boot casts and on crutches, and 3 students with broken hands/wrists/arms.

Do you teach in a boy's middle school by any chance?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2361 on: December 12, 2016, 10:06:13 AM »
I am starting to think that my school enrolls students in fight club because throughout the past month or so I have seen at least 12 students hobbling around in those boot casts and on crutches, and 3 students with broken hands/wrists/arms.

Nope. It's a co-ed school. And at least 4 of them are girls, haha.

Offline wblancha

• Waygookin
« Reply #2362 on: December 12, 2016, 10:13:16 AM »

hahaha I've noticed the same at my school lately and it's a boys middle school.  When I ask them what happened it's usually the result of some rough playing around or soccer.  But sometimes I wonder....

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2363 on: December 12, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »

hahaha I've noticed the same at my school lately and it's a boys middle school.  When I ask them what happened it's usually the result of some rough playing around or soccer.  But sometimes I wonder....
Usually when I ask, they say "I fell down teacher" which is what really makes me wonder. It sounds akin to when people say that they tripped and fell into a doorknob, or like something that a fight club member would say.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2364 on: December 12, 2016, 12:11:20 PM »
Stumbled upon a recipe for hamantaschen and they look good (kinda like a cousin to the thumbprint jam cookie?): http://toriavey.com/how-to/2012/03/how-to-make-perfect-hamantaschen/

Going to attempt these in my wee toaster oven. I think it can handle them.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2365 on: December 12, 2016, 12:44:13 PM »
nausea seems a little better today. I walked down three flights of stairs twice to test it out since Thursday was my last day with dramamine and I felt a bit nauseous the second time but it passed fairly quickly.

I always feel a bit lightheaded during 3rd period, and I wonder if it might be because I don't eat breakfast. Gotta buy some oatmeal or something I guess....

my lymph nodes have been acting up again though, which means if I go to the clinic doctor he'll recommend me to a larger hospital and they'll probably drain the nodes bleh ew no

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2366 on: December 12, 2016, 12:46:39 PM »
my lymph nodes have been acting up again though, which means if I go to the clinic doctor he'll recommend me to a larger hospital and they'll probably drain the nodes bleh ew no

If Trump won't drain the swamp, why should you have to drain the nodes?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2367 on: December 12, 2016, 01:02:04 PM »

If Trump won't drain the swamp, why should you have to drain the nodes?

hahahaha

I just hate surgery, no matter how minor. plus since they're armpit nodes it'll hurt for a week or so after, even if the incision is small, which will be a (literal) pain for teaching

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2368 on: December 12, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »
coT told me that some students won't participate in winter camp due to schedule conflicts and seemed a bit down about it but I'm over here just thinking that lower numbers makes my job (and some activities in particular) easier lol

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2369 on: December 12, 2016, 03:10:55 PM »
I got news that I'm supposed to be out of my apartment earlier than I thought, and asked not-girlfriend if I was still allowed to stay with her between moving out and shipping out on the plane, granted that I sleep on the couch to appease her grandma

She said that since she'll have a queen size bed by then I should sleep in the bed with her and that I'm "not the first lass" she's shared a bed with

well

I'm trying to understand what's going on but I haven't detangled it all yet lmao

Edit: so apparently it was her mom-mom and not her grandma-mom who thinks we're dating, and apparently desperately wants to invite me to Scotland to visit, while the reason I wasn't allowed to stay over at the house she lives in with grandma-mom is because there's not enough room on her twin bed

everything is always so convoluted with this girl I swear lmfao

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:17:06 PM by moonbrie »

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2370 on: December 13, 2016, 09:46:13 AM »
The problem with cold weather is that it gives me more energy than I know what to do with.

This inevitably results in me overdoing it at the gym.

I think I'll be duck-waddling for at least a week.

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2371 on: December 13, 2016, 10:12:15 AM »
Just ordered a 24 pack of sweet, sweet Dr. Pepper from Gmarket.

I imagined #basedcowboyshirt feeling a sudden shudder down his spine as soon as I clicked 'buy now'  ;D

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2372 on: December 13, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »
Cane back from class to find two fried shrimps from the principal on my desk

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2373 on: December 13, 2016, 10:48:53 AM »
I want a nap and a cheeseburger soooooo bad right now.

Because it's Tuesday and it's good for nothing else.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2374 on: December 13, 2016, 10:57:37 AM »
I can't wait for the McDonalds to be finished in my city. It's opening this month but the sign doesn't say when. All I want is to order 15,000won worth of hashbrowns for breakfast. Is that too much to ask for?

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
« Reply #2375 on: December 13, 2016, 10:58:42 AM »
These last couple of weeks have been spent going on field trips with my high schoolers (a super tight-knit boarding school), watching christmas movies (I hate christmas but I adore my kids), and the rest of my free time at work I get plenty of time to design tattoos for my friends, with two inked and counting this month.

After Christmas, I have 6 weeks of vacation,most of which will be spent gallivanting around South-east Asia with my wonderfully salty friends, searching for good food and good diving spots.

Life has me salivating ya'll. SALIVATING.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2376 on: December 13, 2016, 11:05:51 AM »
I can't wait for the McDonalds to be finished in my city. It's opening this month but the sign doesn't say when. All I want is to order 15,000won worth of hashbrowns for breakfast. Is that too much to ask for?

There's a new Burger King opening up within walking distance of me, and the same thing, a sign that says that it's opening up this month, but it doesn't give an exact date.

WHY?

Hashbrowns sound so good right now. When is it lunch again?

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2377 on: December 13, 2016, 11:10:08 AM »

Hahaha, my 3 friends and I were late in Itaewon once and went back to the one guy's condo. It was early enough to order McMorning so we each drunkenly put in 10 000W for hashbrows. We ended up with some stupid amount of hashbrowns and devoured them.

Good memories, thanks.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2378 on: December 13, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »

There's a new Burger King opening up within walking distance of me, and the same thing, a sign that says that it's opening up this month, but it doesn't give an exact date.

WHY?

Hashbrowns sound so good right now. When is it lunch again?

LOL! Maybe we're in the same city cuz we have a burger king opening up down the street too XD The burger king says December 23rd but the Mcdonalds has no actual day posted.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2379 on: December 13, 2016, 11:26:19 AM »

Hahaha, my 3 friends and I were late in Itaewon once and went back to the one guy's condo. It was early enough to order McMorning so we each drunkenly put in 10 000W for hashbrows. We ended up with some stupid amount of hashbrowns and devoured them.

Good memories, thanks.
Livin' the dream.