December 18, 2017, 05:04:17 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 431593 times)

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2160 on: November 24, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
Principal dragged me to a children's choir performance last night. We went to shinsaegae and I awkwardly looked at expensive jackets while she did some Christmas shopping, and then the performance. At first I was really impressed because all the kids are like middle-school aged and they had a really good tonal quality for the classical songs they opened with, ended with frustration at the Kirby Shaw and spirituals because their conductor seems to have no concept of how to create energy in a piece. It was nice enough, though, and one of my students is in the choir, so I'm looking forward to her surprise when I tell her I saw it.

It also made it easier for me to reject her invitation to a children's orchestra performance on Sunday haha

This sounds terrible. Can't you say no? Are you going to recontract? Sunday is your day!

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2161 on: November 24, 2016, 09:44:50 AM »
I'm at one of my travel schools today, and this afternoon all of the teachers are going to another school to play volleyball. There will probably be a couple of people left pottering around but only a few and the P and VP will be gone...

I'm thinking about running away early...not super early, just like 4.10 ish instead of 4.40, but I am such a scaredy cat about getting told off.

What would you all do?

Offline waywardtimelord

• Adventurer
« Reply #2162 on: November 24, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Daegu is supposed to release renewal results today. Why am I so nervous about this?

Sigh.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2163 on: November 24, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »
I figured out what the grassy smell is that I have been smelling the last few days... it's the green tea that one of my coworkers brought for everyone. I just opened the tea that she gave me to make some and am currently being overwhelmed by cut grass.
Still not sure about the other tea scent.
One of my favourite smells.
Bed sheets and pillow cases that have been washed and dried outside in fresh air.  Wonderful!
Napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!

There are primary colours and primary tastes, but did you know that there are also primary odours? About 7 of them, apparently.

Ethereal = dry cleaning fluid??  :laugh: :laugh: Not things that I would have associated together

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2164 on: November 24, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
...There are primary colours and primary tastes, but did you know that there are also primary odours? About 7 of them, apparently.

Ethereal = dry cleaning fluid??  :laugh: :laugh: Not things that I would have associated together
Lol! I think 'ethereal' refers to ethereal oils, aka essential extract oils.

YoungMin

« Reply #2165 on: November 24, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
Forgot to change my fantasy football captain last weekend. ****** international break messed up my equilibrium. 

YoungMin

« Reply #2166 on: November 24, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2167 on: November 24, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

A golf ball and a beginners guide to golf book.  :P

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2168 on: November 24, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
Principal dragged me to a children's choir performance last night. We went to shinsaegae and I awkwardly looked at expensive jackets while she did some Christmas shopping, and then the performance. At first I was really impressed because all the kids are like middle-school aged and they had a really good tonal quality for the classical songs they opened with, ended with frustration at the Kirby Shaw and spirituals because their conductor seems to have no concept of how to create energy in a piece. It was nice enough, though, and one of my students is in the choir, so I'm looking forward to her surprise when I tell her I saw it.

It also made it easier for me to reject her invitation to a children's orchestra performance on Sunday haha

This sounds terrible. Can't you say no? Are you going to recontract? Sunday is your day!

I don't mind terribly because she's just trying really hard to be nice. I'm not recontracting, but it has nothing to do with her.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2169 on: November 24, 2016, 11:32:36 AM »

Golfing for Dummies

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2170 on: November 24, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
Someone is straight up playing "Eidelweiss" on recorder up in here.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2171 on: November 24, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »

Could you sense this rage as you walked around the fairways.  Scarn's bantz:  'Nice shot, c*nt'  'is this your first time?'  'Not a chance, bellend!'

If so, send a dead cat in a box.  Or call his phone constantly at night and shout 'fore!'

YoungMin

« Reply #2172 on: November 24, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »

Could you sense this rage as you walked around the fairways.  Scarn's bantz:  'Nice shot, c*nt'  'is this your first time?'  'Not a chance, bellend!'

If so, send a dead cat in a box.  Or call his phone constantly at night and shout 'fore!'

Haha. Ah, man. If you lot think I'm bad on here you should see me on this game.

Someone leaves a putt short Scarn chimes in "does your husband play golf?"

Someone hits a flag and starts telling a sob story "go and get the violin out son".

The brits can handle it but the Americans can't.

Played a different guy yday and he said he was the greatest player in the universe. This dude genuinely thinks he's the best player in the world. Believe me or not but I am probably one of the top 10 players in the world on Rory Mcilroy pga tour arcade mode on the ps4. Lemoncurdontoast is my unsername if anyone plays it or wants a game.

So he said to me let's play 10 in a row for $100. I was like "I don't have any use for $ but I'll play you for pounds." He was like "let's go".

So we play the first game (it's 9 holes online play max 4 players min 2 obviously whoever has the best score out of us 2 wins the round). He holed out a shot in the first game and beat me by 1. I was like, yeah this guy is good. I said good game.

Next game: I win by 1. (this dude is on the mic giving it how he got so unlucky, no mention of a good game.

Game 3: I win by 3. Absolutely smashed him. (Anything over a 2 shot win is big in 9 holes against good players.)

So I'm up 2-1.

Game 4: His favourite course comes up in the voting page. We play it.

I stick one in on the 2nd, 3rd & 5th to go 3 ahead.

I win by 3. He turns his playstation off as soon as the game finishes.

I'm up 3-1 and the worlds greatest player is no where to be found. Can't wait till I get in from work.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2173 on: November 24, 2016, 02:02:18 PM »

Nothing comes up on mine, but holy smokes my rankings are terrible. I only play online, so I am ranked so low in the games I play...Sad, sad time.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2174 on: November 24, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
I rewatched Scrubs not too long ago and have been trying to fill the void with another show. Psych is pretty fun.

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2175 on: November 24, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
I rewatched Scrubs not too long ago and have been trying to fill the void with another show. Psych is pretty fun.
Have you seen Community? It's pretty great. Season 4 not so much, but 1-3 are wonderful and 5 & 6 are good too.

I haven't seen Scrubs but I've heard nothing but good things. I've been looking for a show to have on while I crochet and embroider, so maybe I'll give it a try.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2176 on: November 24, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
Stuff like Modern Family and 30 Rock are always fun.

So bored, finished all of the changes to my work for the rest of the semester and I'm basically finished planning my winter camp, so I don't know what to do with myself right now.

Don't get me wrong, I've got things I can do.

Just nothing that I want to do.

YoungMin

« Reply #2177 on: November 24, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »

Nothing comes up on mine, but holy smokes my rankings are terrible. I only play online, so I am ranked so low in the games I play...Sad, sad time.

My psn is: lemoncurdontoast

Let's play. I'll help you out if you want.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2178 on: November 24, 2016, 03:07:32 PM »
Have you seen Community? It's pretty great. Season 4 not so much, but 1-3 are wonderful and 5 & 6 are good too.

I haven't seen Scrubs but I've heard nothing but good things. I've been looking for a show to have on while I crochet and embroider, so maybe I'll give it a try.

I tried to get into Community and I'm gonna give it another shot in the future (cause I hear good things), but I had trouble getting past the first episode. Idk, I took a disliking to the main guy (I do get the impression that he's not meant to necessarily be likable, but still). That being said, I think I'd like pretty much all the other characters just fine and I've seen clips that look funny.

Scrubs is awesome though. To me it's the perfect combination of comedy, quirky, and drama. I got really invested in the characters.

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2179 on: November 24, 2016, 03:15:43 PM »
Better Off Ted. but it's only 2 seasons ㅠㅠ

and Arrested Development. but think most people have seen that.