December 14, 2018, 11:59:27 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 852205 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #1860 on: November 04, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »
Coworker is beating a mallet into his palm and declaring, "I'm Thor."

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #1861 on: November 04, 2016, 01:51:33 PM »
I wish I knew how to be sexy.

I was giving my sweet girlfriend kisses.  I told her, "I am Choi Tae-min.  Be my Park Geun-hye.  I have a special ceremony if you want to join my organization."  She laughed and told me that isn't sexy, it is funny.   :cry: :cry:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #1862 on: November 04, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »
I wish I knew how to be sexy.

I was giving my sweet girlfriend kisses.  I told her, "I am Choi Tae-min.  Be my Park Geun-hye.  I have a special ceremony if you want to join my organization."  She laughed and told me that isn't sexy, it is funny.   :cry: :cry:

At least you made her laugh.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1863 on: November 04, 2016, 02:41:16 PM »

is it the same coworker who was slapping the huge dried fish like a mafia man with a baseball bat?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1864 on: November 04, 2016, 02:42:47 PM »

is it the same coworker who was slapping the huge dried fish like a mafia man with a baseball bat?

You know it!  8) I'm gonna miss this dude. He's transferring after the end of this year. All the kids love him too.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1865 on: November 04, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

You know it!  8) I'm gonna miss this dude. He's transferring after the end of this year. All the kids love him too.

I'd say I wish he'd come to my school but I'm not staying here.

I told some new acquaintances the cliffs notes story of boss cot and they suddenly got all quiet and were like "wow...that's really sobering...I'm sorry you have to go through that" hahahah

she did give me a nice face mask the other day though (you know, to make yourself more beautiful. maybe it's because everyone sees me)

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1866 on: November 04, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »
I'm considering going home for winter vacation, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. It would only be for two weeks, but I think of cuddling my cat (who is 19 and probably not going to be around much longer :cry:), and seeing my friends and family, and the thought of being able to bake is making my mouth water, but then I think of the cost...but I don't know what I would do if I stayed here. Hmm. I need to decide soon though before tickets get more expensive.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1867 on: November 04, 2016, 03:12:25 PM »
I'm considering going home for winter vacation, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. It would only be for two weeks, but I think of cuddling my cat (who is 19 and probably not going to be around much longer :cry:), and seeing my friends and family, and the thought of being able to bake is making my mouth water, but then I think of the cost...but I don't know what I would do if I stayed here. Hmm. I need to decide soon though before tickets get more expensive.

I used skyscanner and found a ticket back to the east coast for $830, not too bad. As long as you have a little flexability, use the prompts that allow you to compare the price of nearby dates. Good luck!

Offline gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1868 on: November 04, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »

I used skyscanner and found a ticket back to the east coast for $830, not too bad. As long as you have a little flexability, use the prompts that allow you to compare the price of nearby dates. Good luck!
Also, always use incognito mode. They do charge more if they know you keep looking.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1869 on: November 04, 2016, 03:18:21 PM »
Anyone ever have to sit in on their own evaluation and then have none of it translated? Feeling stupid and crappy.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1870 on: November 04, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »

I think it's worth it, especially if you don't have alternative plans in mind. I'm visiting home in Feb, got round trip tix for around $850. Love my rabbit. Plus SO, family, friends. And food. Glorious food

If you're able, also consider leaving via different airport. I'm going through Busan this time instead of Incheon and it's a bit cheaper. Also just happened to have shorter flight times in my case. I also checked Gimpo

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1871 on: November 04, 2016, 04:24:30 PM »
Anyone ever have to sit in on their own evaluation and then have none of it translated? Feeling stupid and crappy.

Lol, yes. Every time. It's lame.

Thanks for the reassurance, fellow sugar-hater.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1872 on: November 06, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »
Worst clash of clans Clan name ever:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1873 on: November 07, 2016, 08:42:13 AM »
Made mac 'n cheese last night, sauce from scratch. Was pretty great  8)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1874 on: November 07, 2016, 09:39:40 AM »

Could you share the recipe that you used? There are a ton online, but I just don't want to waste all that cheese from something that is mediocre.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1875 on: November 07, 2016, 09:48:43 AM »

I'm drooling right now. I was planning on making it sometime this week and I am so looking forward to it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1876 on: November 07, 2016, 10:01:15 AM »

Could you share the recipe that you used? There are a ton online, but I just don't want to waste all that cheese from something that is mediocre.

I used this but halved everything since I didn't want a huge portion and didn't want to waste cheese if it didn't turn out well: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/238691/simple-macaroni-and-cheese/

I didn't have cheddar cheese but colby jack sufficed-- milder cheesy flavor. I might play with throwing in some pepper jack next time.

Also added garlic powder to taste. I am all about the garlic.  8)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1877 on: November 07, 2016, 10:48:22 AM »

Making mac and cheese is super easy. Making the sauce is basically just two steps.
Step 1: Make a roux
Step 2: Add shredded cheese and, optionally, milk until you're happy with the taste and consistency

If you don't have a cheese grater or access to pre-shredded cheese, just cut into strips as thin as possible so it will melt easily and evenly.

Of course, you should always use one hard cheese and one soft/semi-soft cheese for best flavor and consistency, but hard cheese plus extra milk is also fine.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1878 on: November 07, 2016, 10:49:28 AM »

I used this but halved everything since I didn't want a huge portion and didn't want to waste cheese if it didn't turn out well: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/238691/simple-macaroni-and-cheese/

I didn't have cheddar cheese but colby jack sufficed-- milder cheesy flavor. I might play with throwing in some pepper jack next time.

Also added garlic powder to taste. I am all about the garlic.  8)

Oooh I have garlic powder at home. I should do that, too. Where did you get the cheese? Last time, when I tried to make it, I could only find pizza cheese so it ended up being super stringy, which is fine, I guess, and it wasn't bad in terms of flavor, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1879 on: November 07, 2016, 10:52:58 AM »
I get blocks of cheese from Emart! And [cheese] graters can be super cheap. Def worth picking one up if you haven't got one already.  ;D