June 21, 2018, 12:35:52 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 999634 times)

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8220 on: May 23, 2018, 07:04:17 AM »
Socks: Why do socks marked 250-280 not fit my 270 feet!!!!

I blame Bangladesh~

Nope.

Made in Korea.

Well you can't very well blame Korea. There must be some explanation.

I know I have trouble finding a good fit of running shoe as I have narrow feet and apparently all (ALL!) Asians have wide feet, making it hard to find narrow sizes. I'm guessing your problem isn't that they're too roomy but rather to small.

I also have trouble with 'ankle' socks that constantly shimmy down to about mid-arch, but I think that might be a (repeated) case of mistaking my wive's (sp?) socks for my own.

Online denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8221 on: May 23, 2018, 07:41:39 AM »

I blame Bangladesh~

Nope.

Made in Korea.

I know I have trouble finding a good fit of running shoe as I have narrow feet and apparently all (ALL!) Asians have wide feet, making it hard to find narrow sizes. I'm guessing your problem isn't that they're too roomy but rather to small.

I also have trouble with 'ankle' socks that constantly shimmy down to about mid-arch, but I think that might be a (repeated) case of mistaking my wive's (sp?) socks for my own.

Where are you shopping?  I have wide feet, and most of the shoes I try here are too narrow.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8222 on: May 23, 2018, 07:46:16 AM »

I blame Bangladesh~

Nope.

Made in Korea.

Where are you shopping?  I have wide feet, and most of the shoes I try here are too narrow.
I have wide feet, so I look for "Made in Germany/UK/India" some Korean shoes are OK, but it is hit-and-miss.

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #8223 on: May 23, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
I know I have trouble finding a good fit of running shoe as I have narrow feet and apparently all (ALL!) Asians have wide feet, making it hard to find narrow sizes.

This is what I was told at a running specialty shop in Seoul called Fleet Runner. Many shoe companies don't offer multiple widths and Nike tends to run a little narrow, which is the brand I ended up buying last. Maybe my feet are just especially narrow (despite having mostly German ancestry, re: JNM's comment).

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8224 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »
I know I have trouble finding a good fit of running shoe as I have narrow feet and apparently all (ALL!) Asians have wide feet, making it hard to find narrow sizes.

This is what I was told at a running specialty shop in Seoul called Fleet Runner. Many shoe companies don't offer multiple widths and Nike tends to run a little narrow, which is the brand I ended up buying last. Maybe my feet are just especially narrow (despite having mostly German ancestry, re: JNM's comment).

I always thought we had wider feet than Asians rather than the other way around.  I know they friek out over my "big feet".  I am just average size.  Size 10  - 280 but even tall Koreans over 6 feet seem to have smaller feet than me.  I can still find shoes in my size, though I had found some shoes narrow.  New Balance seems to be ok though or at least the pair I bought locally.  Had some Nikes a few years back that seemed a bit tight. 

Maybe like clothing Asian size?  Not sure why Korea even has that as there's a lot of 6 footers and chubby Koreans nowadays.  Just wear the American, it'll fit them fine. 

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8225 on: May 23, 2018, 03:20:06 PM »
Just come to the horrible realization that i've got something planned for every night this week and the weekend.

Next week i'll probably be complaining that i'm lonely but still. It's my last year not my first, I shouldn't have to be this social.  :laugh:

Also side rant: I hate that there isn't any healthy convenience food in most supermarkets here. (If not most then the one closest to my house / convenience stores)

I'm trying to slim down and be healthier.

On weeks like this where i'm busy I just want to buy already made food for a good price that's good for me but it's just such a pain in the arse here. I don't want to cook anything, I love cooking, but sometimes I just get sick of it.

It's a lot to ask, probably impossible, but it's pissing me off so i'll complain about it.

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #8226 on: May 23, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
Just come to the horrible realization that i've got something planned for every night this week and the weekend.

Next week i'll probably be complaining that i'm lonely but still. It's my last year not my first, I shouldn't have to be this social.  :laugh:

Also side rant: I hate that there isn't any healthy convenience food in most supermarkets here. (If not most then the one closest to my house / convenience stores)

On weeks like this where i'm busy I just want to buy already made food for a good price that's good for me but it's just such a pain in the arse here. I don't want to cook anything, I love cooking, but sometimes I just get sick of it.

It's a lot to ask, probably impossible, but it's pissing me off so i'll complain about it.

See if there aren't any "taxi driver" restaurants nearby. There used to be one near my old home where everything on the menu was 3,000 won, including a (eggless, unfortunately) bibimbap.

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8227 on: May 24, 2018, 08:58:59 AM »

Like I mentioned though, I rarely watch movies at the cinema, or at home, they lack everything that anime and games have :P

You've got that in common with me too, then, haha. I watch maaaaaaybe four or five movies a year, and most of them tend to be school-safe movies I'm previewing to make sure I can show them to my students on movie days. Any time I have some extra days off, though, I'm at home watching some random anime series all day or playing a Bethesda RPG until it's waaaaay later than I realized it was.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, usually post exams, near the end of semesters, is when I watch the most movies haha.
Unless it is a movie made from a video game I like, then I will usually watch it. :p

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8228 on: May 24, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »

You tried meal prepping?
Cook a batch of meat and veg, once a week, vacuum seal it and refrigerate.

Carbs are relatively quick to cook and usually the biggest culprit for fat gain.
Keep your carbs as clean as possible, order some wild rice off iHerb and you're good to go.

Don't waste your time with too much cardio, it MIGHT put you in a calorie deficit but you'll lose weight (water, muscle and fat) and won't really alter your BMR, so it's not that useful for long term results.
Lift weights... heavy ass weights, and do compound movements (squats, deadlifts etc.). They'll change your BMR, kill fat, rewire your neurological system, build muscle and even help with depression and anxiety, lifting quite literally transforms you.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8229 on: May 24, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »

You tried meal prepping?
Cook a batch of meat and veg, once a week, vacuum seal it and refrigerate.

Carbs are relatively quick to cook and usually the biggest culprit for fat gain.
Keep your carbs as clean as possible, order some wild rice off iHerb and you're good to go.

Don't waste your time with too much cardio, it MIGHT put you in a calorie deficit but you'll lose weight (water, muscle and fat) and won't really alter your BMR, so it's not that useful for long term results.
Lift weights... heavy ass weights, and do compound movements (squats, deadlifts etc.). They'll change your BMR, kill fat, rewire your neurological system, build muscle and even help with depression and anxiety, lifting quite literally transforms you.

I've thought about  it. I've done it before in terms of soups and stuff obviously but never "real" meal prep. I think it's a great idea and certainly would make my life easier. Then Sunday rolls around and i'm either busy or it's the second one of the month  :laugh: Maybe one day.

As for cardio...Honestly I don't and I won't haha. I play badminton a couple times a week and I ride my bike, that's enough for me. Yeah I maybe I should lift or do weight training. I know it'll be good for me, but it just doesn't appeal to me much.

Also Donovan, thankfully I live right next to a brand new apartment complex construction site in a bit of a run down area. Tons of cheap filling wholesome kinda places :azn: and now they're doing loads of deals to entice the construction workers.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #8230 on: May 25, 2018, 07:04:14 AM »

Also Donovan, thankfully I live right next to a brand new apartment complex construction site in a bit of a run down area. Tons of cheap filling wholesome kinda places :azn: and now they're doing loads of deals to entice the construction workers.

Free copies of The Sun?  Being allowed to wolf whistle passing women?  All day breakfast cafes?

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #8231 on: May 25, 2018, 07:18:49 AM »

Free copies of The Sun?  Being allowed to wolf whistle passing women?  All day breakfast cafes?

Now that's what I call 서비스!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 07:20:44 AM by donovan »

Offline Titus Groan

• Waygookin
« Reply #8232 on: May 25, 2018, 07:42:56 AM »

Where in hell (apropos?) do you get Black Pudding here??

Now that's what I call 서비스!

Offline Titus Groan

• Waygookin
« Reply #8233 on: May 25, 2018, 07:45:08 AM »

Sorry, wrong quote source!

To reiterate: Where in hell do you get breakfast (or ANY time...) Black Pudding here?

Online JVPrice

• Veteran
« Reply #8234 on: May 25, 2018, 07:53:30 AM »
Not sure if I didn't enjoy Solo last night because it wasn't that good, or because the Koreans behind me were talking and chewing with their mouths open  :undecided:
The World Ends With You

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #8235 on: May 25, 2018, 08:03:28 AM »
You'll have to see it again to find out :afro:

Online Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8236 on: May 25, 2018, 08:10:47 AM »
I feel horrible and I want to play with the kittens but stella will not let me

this is a travesty

i demand justice and small kittens

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8237 on: May 25, 2018, 08:23:21 AM »
In all my years I have never had a semester that seemed as long as this one does. It feels like the last 3 months have taken a year to pass....

Also I am a cat person - congrats Bingsu on being a kitten Grandma
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8238 on: May 25, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »
Being made to wear cheap, uncomfortable, industrial-smelling t-shirts for English camp.

They're pointless and a waste of resources. And yet some places still insist on them because **** you, that's why.

Online sojuadventurer

• Veteran
« Reply #8239 on: May 25, 2018, 11:38:50 AM »
Being made to wear cheap, uncomfortable, industrial-smelling t-shirts for English camp.

They're pointless and a waste of resources. And yet some places still insist on them because **** you, that's why.

Same.... and being the big, western guy who can't wear Korean sizes.... it always turns out interesting.  :rolleyes:

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/