June 18, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 994238 times)

Offline hangook77

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8200 on: May 15, 2018, 12:31:09 PM »
My biggest peeve are foreigners who are in love with Korea to an extreme.  Sometimes we need to vent, even though I like it here well enough most of the time.  You vent or mention a reasonable complaint and many others agree with you and a few foreigners who want to be d!(ks.  I hardly ever complain online, but I had a complaint about an issue (not a big deal to me) just mentioning it and a lot agreed with me.  Then, you get these foreign apologists who come on and try to berate you ignorantly.  Sometimes, the foreigners can be worse than the locals.  Needless to say, I promptly told them what they can do with themselves.  Sometimes, we all have a bad day and need to let it out.  So, keep at 'er folks.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #8201 on: May 15, 2018, 12:31:15 PM »
wait... i thought you didn't live in korea anymore either, Mr.DeMartino
Who said that?

Anyways, one other point- Sports

Gotta watch sports at a bar with a crowd. I want my place full, but not so packed that you can't get to the pisser easy enough. People should be into the game. When it's the last play, everyone should be quiet in suspense or be cheering their butts off, but they should be in it.

And if you're in Korea and it's say, the Olympics. Go to a Korean place with Koreans. Enjoy the atmosphere. Don't go to some foreigner bar. WTF is the point of traveling halfway around the world, to be in a country where they're the host nation, to then try and avoid it. Like seriously, why did you come here? That's the kind of thing you want to experience. If I'm in Brazil and they're hosting the World Cup, I want to be in the spot where all the Brazilian fans are. Same if I'm in Egypt or France or Canada. You want to cheer with the locals and share their misery if their team loses.

You expect people to be quiet for a two hour curling match?

Nope, where did I say that?

Ah, sorry you said just for the 'last play', whatever that means.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #8202 on: May 15, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
Movie sucks, goes to Applebee's.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Touche'

The only reason I mention it is because it was right across from the movie theater. But yeah, Boo Applebee's.

1. If you don't like the movie, that's your opinion. As you are entitled to that, it doesn't mean that others feel the same way. A majority of the other people in the theater could actually be loving what they're seeing.

2. If you are gonna be noisy during a movie, it's not the movies fault because it sucks in your opinion, it's just you being inconsiderate. It's disrespectful and inconsiderate for everyone else trying to watch. If you want people to know you think it sucks, their are plenty of places online for that, but I'm pretty sure you've found them by now.

I'm not going to be noisy throughout the movie. I'm not doing some MST3K routine. But yeah, there have been occasional moments in movies that I've watched where I've lost it.

But yeah if I'm out, I'm going to tell my friends, not just walk out without saying anything. Besides you can already tell when you're friends are not liking a movie before you say anything. Usually it's a sigh or a glance at a phone or something else. You should try walking out of a movie. It's a liberating experience. Same thing with some live band at a bar. I don't care if I paid a cover charge. Give me my free Jack & Coke or Budweiser and let's get out of there. I don't want to listen to some crappy band for 75 minutes just because I already paid money.

And yeah, something like Trinity's death scene, totally warranted a "Just die already". I'm sorry, if I interrupted your deep emotional experience watching Matrix Revolutions. I'm not doing this during films, I'm doing during it during movies.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #8203 on: May 15, 2018, 12:41:34 PM »
Yeah, says the guy with well over 4000 posts on here.  Your time is precious.
This is more fun and unpredictable than some dumb action movie where the good guys are obviously going to win and filled with such great dialogue as "Get Down!!!" or "GO GO GO, IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!" It blows alright. It blows big time. Gee, I was really in suspense that those faceless bad guys were actually going to hit their target. :rolleyes:

That must be annoying to the complete strangers to the immediate sides of you.

Usually I'm with a group of friends when I've caught a bad movie. I'm no movie snob and love a good dumb action movie, but it's can't be stupid. Like I said, it's not a running banter routine. It's 20 seconds of me saying I'm out and everyone deciding if they're going to stick or not. Either that or something is just so grating it deserves a razzing.

Who are you talking to here?  Who mentioned any behaviour of the sort?

Separate point relating to crowd experiences. It's not a retort to anything. Calm down.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #8204 on: May 15, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »
Or the classic, " I didn't sign up for this!"

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8205 on: May 15, 2018, 03:56:14 PM »
To me, that's like apples and oranges. Concerts are loud, the crowd should be loud too; but with movies, the watchers should be quiet and not so distracting.

I don't mean the loud part, it's about going and experiencing something new together with like minded people. I could make some Gyros at home, but it's more fun to go to a festival in Greektown and walk around and have a communal experience. Of course one is loud and the other is passively watching, haha.

I do somewhat miss movie-going in America. Laughing all together because everyone gets the jokes. Or better yet, cheering during certain awesome moments in movies. It feels a bit lonely when everyone doesn't get the same references or jokes that are made, and you're the only one laughing or being amazed.

I'd figuratively punch someone for cheering at a movie.
I get laughing because something is funny, but cheering?! to me that's just as bad as talking during a movie; but to each their own.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8206 on: May 15, 2018, 03:57:59 PM »
To me, that's like apples and oranges. Concerts are loud, the crowd should be loud too; but with movies, the watchers should be quiet and not so distracting.

I don't mean the loud part, it's about going and experiencing something new together with like minded people. I could make some Gyros at home, but it's more fun to go to a festival in Greektown and walk around and have a communal experience. Of course one is loud and the other is passively watching, haha.

I do somewhat miss movie-going in America. Laughing all together because everyone gets the jokes. Or better yet, cheering during certain awesome moments in movies. It feels a bit lonely when everyone doesn't get the same references or jokes that are made, and you're the only one laughing or being amazed.

I get laughing because something is funny, but cheering?! to me that's just as bad as talking during a movie; but to each their own.

Agreed. It's not a football game. The actors cannot hear you.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #8207 on: May 15, 2018, 04:05:51 PM »

Yup to this. What are you cheering? For action movies it's stupid. I do get it if it's some cult classic film where the entire audience are fans and it's not really about the movie, but that's not normal. I do think there might have been a couple comedies where shit was just so hilarious that people lost it and were clapping, but I wouldn't really consider that "cheering".

Online JVPrice

• Veteran
« Reply #8208 on: May 16, 2018, 07:34:58 AM »

I'm more referring to moments in movies, let's say a new Marvel movie or some big franchise, where a character makes a dramatic reveal or does something that nobody was expecting and for that brief moment there is pure excitement among the fans in the theater. I.e. When Ant-Man he first showed up in Civil War. My theater applauded, and it was a genuine moment of excitement for everyone. I personally like those moments, as long as they aren't an overreaction to whatever's going on. (It was a bit painful watching the 2014 Godzilla, where people were cheering for literally everything that Godzilla did).
The World Ends With You

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8209 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:46 AM »

I'm more referring to moments in movies, let's say a new Marvel movie or some big franchise, where a character makes a dramatic reveal or does something that nobody was expecting and for that brief moment there is pure excitement among the fans in the theater. I.e. When Ant-Man he first showed up in Civil War. My theater applauded, and it was a genuine moment of excitement for everyone. I personally like those moments, as long as they aren't an overreaction to whatever's going on. (It was a bit painful watching the 2014 Godzilla, where people were cheering for literally everything that Godzilla did).

I understand what you mean.

I still think it is stupid.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8210 on: May 16, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
The best time to tell me  my 11:35 class has been moved to 8:50?

8:55, apparently.

I really should be used to this sh!t by now.  :laugh:

:cry:

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8211 on: May 16, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »

Lmao.
waygook.org user #nugunugu... OMG avec's picked up a steelchair! God almighty it's a steelchair to the skull. Good god. BANG. ANOTHER shot to the Cranium!

Online JVPrice

• Veteran
« Reply #8212 on: May 16, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »

Don't know if we'll ever get used to it  :laugh:
The World Ends With You

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8213 on: May 16, 2018, 10:07:05 AM »

Don't know if we'll ever get used to it  :laugh:

Whenever someone tells you something like this, ask 2 questions:

Who told you this?and When did they tell you?  If the answer to the second question is anything other than: A few minutes ago.  Ask a third question: Why are you only telling me now?

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8214 on: May 16, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
Apparently testing for the fire drill includes blaring k-pop over the office intercoms. Guess it's time to put my earbuds in and blast Pig Destroyer until my ears hurt or the k-pop stops, whichever comes first.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8215 on: May 16, 2018, 03:25:11 PM »
Dude my school actually makes me sad when I walk to class. It's so poorly taken care of. Floor tiles missing or loose on the stairs, chunks of plaster gone from the walls, dust and dirt everywhere, graffiti all over the place, filthy windows... It's just crappy looking and I don't understand why. How is it this badly managed? How does anyone have any morale left when you're tripping over ripped tiles going down 4 flights of stairs. How can the toilets be BLACK inside because they haven't been cleaned? How has the bathroom sink been backed up with scummy water for days at a time? How?? Why??

The longer I'm in the building the more it starts to depress me. As soon as I leave I feel immensely better. I'm just so embarrassed that it's acceptable for a big city school to be in this condition.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8216 on: May 18, 2018, 11:23:09 AM »
Hoorah to be moderated but the derailer-in-chief is allowed to spout nonsense across several threads.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8217 on: May 22, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
Socks: Why do socks marked 250-280 not fit my 270 feet!!!!

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #8218 on: May 22, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »

I blame Bangladesh~

Hoorah to be moderated but the derailer-in-chief is allowed to spout nonsense across several threads.

Canít alienate your main attraction. He might just migrate back to Daveís and take all the traffic with him. Things are rough enough as it is with Pecan AWOL.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:39:41 PM by donovan »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8219 on: May 23, 2018, 06:17:42 AM »

I blame Bangladesh~

Nope.
Made in Korea.

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018