August 17, 2018, 09:39:35 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1057476 times)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #8000 on: April 30, 2018, 03:17:17 PM »
Look, can somebody just be Amy Schumer, so we can go home.

Aren't we all Amy Schumer?

Some of us like to deny it, but they're probably the most Schumy of all.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8001 on: April 30, 2018, 03:21:56 PM »
I kinda wish Amy Schumer wasn't even Amy Schumer...

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #8002 on: April 30, 2018, 03:24:28 PM »

I can't be Amy Schumer, as I have no idea who she is. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #8003 on: April 30, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »

You can't spell Amy Schumer without an incorrect spelling of humour.

donovan

« Reply #8004 on: April 30, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
Mines like that, so I wanted the rest dyed to match my natural colour.

Korean hairdressers can be hit or miss I guess, I don't blame the guy toooooo much because he's apparently the best and my hair was a disaster to begin with.

Maybe you just lack confidence?

Or maybe I'm just a beauty-standard denialist...

I'm confused. Are you saying im Amy Schumer?

or you're Amy Schumer?

Why does anyone have to be Amy Schumer?

*You’re* Amy Schumer in that you lack confidence in your hair to pull it off, *I’M* Amy Schumer in that I put the onus on you to pull the hair off without acknowledging impossible beauty standards foisted upon you by the likes of guys named Dave. Chinguetti is always just a little (too) schumy :lipsrsealed:

I can't be Amy Schumer, as I have no idea who she is. 

Thoughtless missed opportunity for a Mariah Carey meme.

You can't spell Amy Schumer without an incorrect spelling of humour.

You got a point, but I suspect that might be true of a lot of, if not most, names. :police:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:43:47 PM by donovan »

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8005 on: May 01, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »
****, dude.

I was trying to get something shipped to my school but Gmarket didn't like the address format, so I had to ship it to my apartment.

It got there while I was still in class but I ran home ASAP to get it.

Get to the door, it's gone.

Nobody will answer their phone so I can't get hold of my landlord to ask if she knows where it is.

A N G R Y

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8006 on: May 01, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
****, dude.

I was trying to get something shipped to my school but Gmarket didn't like the address format, so I had to ship it to my apartment.

Nobody will answer their phone so I can't get hold of my landlord to ask if she knows where it is.

A N G R Y

On the plus side, by not having it shipped to your zoo school, you avoided the inevitable situation of your co-teacher opening the package and having the students urinate all over half the contents while stealing the rest for herself.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8007 on: May 01, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
****, dude.

A N G R Y

On the plus side, by not having it shipped to your zoo school, you avoided the inevitable situation of your co-teacher opening the package and having the students urinate all over half the contents while stealing the rest for herself.

She gave me the info and called the landlord and tbh if she can find this box I will take back literally everything I've said about her, and also give someone my left foot.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #8008 on: May 01, 2018, 05:28:49 PM »
****, dude.

A N G R Y

She gave me the info and called the landlord and tbh if she can find this box I will take back literally everything I've said about her, and also give someone my left foot.

Hmm..we did just have that post about getting a bong shipped...

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #8009 on: May 01, 2018, 05:56:29 PM »
holds my package like a newborn

Does anyone have a hacksaw and a time machine? 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #8010 on: May 01, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »
holds my package like a newborn

Does anyone have a hacksaw and a time machine?

Just explain that it is an English idiom for kicking somebody in the butt.

donovan

« Reply #8011 on: May 01, 2018, 10:15:08 PM »
****, dude.

A N G R Y

Our Coupang guy (I assume itís one guy) puts our packages on the step right in front of our gate literally every time, requiring that we knock the packages off the stairs in order to open the gate in order to retrieve the packages.

Same?

Also, just got a message from the guy I ordered my air purifier from that, despite already forking over 15k for delivery at point of purchase from Auction, I will need to pay the delivery guy extra because the weight is more than 1kg. He didnít even specify how much more it would be. Feel like I should cancel the sale even though itís probably still cheaper than the next lowest price just to take righteous stand.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8012 on: May 02, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »
I ****** hate the nearby high school boys. They're lazy, useless, gross pieces of shit.

The ****** bus driver had to yell at them for one to give up his seat to a 90+ year old lady who was having a hard time even standing up straight let alone keeping her balance in the aisle. Why the ****** hell does anyone need to shame them into doing something like that? AND THEY ALL STILL ****** HESITATED UNTIL I MADE EYE CONTACT WITH ONE OF THEM AND BASICALLY ENDED THAT STANDOFF

****** hell. How can they all be so selfish and lack so much empathy for other people? I don't ****** care if they've got exams now, cramming during a test on the bus ride to school isn't going to help you pass, but giving up your seat to an old woman will make you a decent human being.

And I keep hearing these same guys complaining about not having girlfriends or being unable to keep one. Meanwhile, they treat people who don't benefit them in some way like shit and they try to rub their shoulders against my breasts or their crotches against my shoulder (if I'm sitting). GOD
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:08:09 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8013 on: May 02, 2018, 08:15:02 AM »
they try to rub their shoulders against my breasts or their crotches against my shoulder (if I'm sitting). GOD

Ew. Gross.

And it's only going to get worse as they get older and become adults out in the world.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8014 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
Navigating sidewalks filled with people who don't know how to walk in a straight line or watch where they're going is awkward enough when they don't have umbrellas doubling the amount of space they take up. It needs to stop raining.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8015 on: May 02, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
they try to rub their shoulders against my breasts or their crotches against my shoulder (if I'm sitting). GOD

Ew. Gross.

And it's only going to get worse as they get older and become adults out in the world.

Pretty much.

What's worse is that at the beginning of each semester there are always a group of these type of boys who wait near my school gate around when they KNOW I'll be leaving for the day because they get it in their heads that if they tell me they're virgins that I'll leap at the chance to pop their cherries for them. And they don't grow out of this. I could be chatting with a guy in his mid to late 20s about thermodynamics, and he'll randomly state in the middle of all that that he's a virgin (normally a lie, but it's somehow common belief here among certain types of young men that this is a surefire way of getting women into bed). Like, thanks for stating that, but what does that have anything to do with traveling to Japan or what's currently going on in Daegu? *eyeroll*

These are the same kind of guys who go on to think that it's their looks that get in between them and girls. It couldn't POSSIBLY be because they're disrespectful, entitled, gross assholes. I just can't even some days.

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8016 on: May 02, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »

Ew. Gross.

Pretty much.

What's worse is that at the beginning of each semester there are always a group of these type of boys who wait near my school gate around when they KNOW I'll be leaving for the day because they get it in their heads that if they tell me they're virgins that I'll leap at the chance to pop their cherries for them. And they don't grow out of this. I could be chatting with a guy in his mid to late 20s about thermodynamics, and he'll randomly state in the middle of all that that he's a virgin (normally a lie, but it's somehow common belief here among certain types of young men that this is a surefire way of getting women into bed). Like, thanks for stating that, but what does that have anything to do with traveling to Japan or what's currently going on in Daegu? *eyeroll*

These are the same kind of guys who go on to think that it's their looks that get in between them and girls. It couldn't POSSIBLY be because they're disrespectful, entitled, gross assholes. I just can't even some days.

Wait - what? High school kids are literally hitting on you that flagrantly? That's messed up. Like - extremely messed up. I'm not sure what other men's experiences were like when they were in high school, but I would've been too intimidated to pull that kind of thing with girls a few years older, nevertheless a grown ass teacher.

Do they creep this hard on other women that you've noticed, or is it just you?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #8017 on: May 02, 2018, 08:55:21 AM »
Wait - what? High school kids are literally hitting on you that flagrantly? That's messed up. Like - extremely messed up. I'm not sure what other men's experiences were like when they were in high school, but I would've been too intimidated to pull that kind of thing with girls a few years older, nevertheless a grown ass teacher.

It's just me that I've seen so far, and I'm pretty sure it's because they buy into the stereotype that foreign women are all sex-crazed and will sleep with anyone who compliments and expresses interest in them. And the fact that their school is located so close to my school is like an open opportunity for them, especially since they know I leave before my students do so they have a chance to speak privately with me (it's still safe, though, it's by a busy road).

It doesn't happen all year round, but it's literally at the beginning of every semester that a group of boys (never less than five) will slink around my school hoping for a chance to chat me up. If I don't manage to avoid them, and if I don't somehow manage to shut down their attempts before then, it inevitably leads into them telling me that they're virgins and that I'm very pretty. I haven't told my school about it because it only happens once or twice every semester, and it's always different boys, but I'm thinking that maybe I should. Sometimes I get discouraged about saying anything about this sort of thing, though, because people here are so quick to tell me that I'm probably only misunderstanding the situation. And also because I don't want to stress my coTs out over something that I've managed to handle on my own so far. xD
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:02:06 AM by Chinguetti »

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #8018 on: May 02, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »
Females here don't understand how pervasive the "foreign slut/whore" stereotype is.
I have heard some absolutely disgusting things from Korean guys about western women. Things they would never say about Korean women. When I first moved here I hung out with a group of Korean guys who were in the same social soccer league as me. They were fuckin filthy. "I heard in Canada you can just go to a night club and girls will grab your dick. If you touch their breasts in public they like it. Anal sex is normal for every time. In America life is easy becuase if you want sex you can just meet a girl in a coffe shop or supermarket and have sex within a few hours."

My wife was a high school teacher and she was pretty young when she started, like 24 and beautiful (though I may be biased). I've asked her about her experience and she said no student would even think of saying something sexually suggestive to a female teacher. They were all ultra polite to her. Her friends of a similar age and also working as teachers said the same thing.

So when she returned to work after our kid was born she worked at a high school hagwon place part time and there were a bunch of western female teachers and she was shocked by what the students said to the foreign girls. All the western females just thought it was part of being a teacher here. It really, really isn't. And shouldn't be.

It's the same way kids will try out there swear words with NETs, but wouldn't dare with a Korean teacher.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8019 on: May 02, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »

It's just me that I've seen so far, and I'm pretty sure it's because they buy into the stereotype that foreign women are all sex-crazed and will sleep with anyone who compliments and expresses interest in them. And the fact that their school is located so close to my school is like an open opportunity for them, especially since they know I leave before my students do so they have a chance to speak privately with me (it's still safe, though, it's by a busy road).

It doesn't happen all year round, but it's literally at the beginning of every semester that a group of boys (never less than five) will slink around my school hoping for a chance to chat me up. If I don't manage to avoid them, and if I don't somehow manage to shut down their attempts before then, it inevitably leads into them telling me that they're virgins and that I'm very pretty. I haven't told my school about it because it only happens once or twice every semester, and it's always different boys, but I'm thinking that maybe I should. Sometimes I get discouraged about saying anything about this sort of thing, though, because people here are so quick to tell me that I'm probably only misunderstanding the situation. And also because I don't want to stress my coTs out over something that I've managed to handle on my own so far. xD

When my ex cheated on me a co-worker suggested it was because I was a foreigner, so perhaps he thought I would be okay with it.  :huh: