December 15, 2017, 09:58:55 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 600194 times)

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7260 on: September 28, 2017, 09:13:53 AM »
I hate it when its only 10am and i am already really hungry and lunch is still a long time away. I have no snacks and can only fill up on a coffee mix untill lunch. Will have to stock up on some supplies for hungry times.

What do you snack on in between meals? I would like to find some reasonably priced cashew nuts or other healthy nuts rather than 2+1 chocolate bars that i always tend to buy at CU.

I know your struggle.

I buy my nuts from Homeplus or Costco. They're not cheap, but good enough. I also bring in granola bars, jerky, cheese sticks, and, since I have my own classroom this year, stuff like hard-boiled eggs (pre-shelled and kept in a plastic container). I also bring in my own smoothies to sip on while I'm eating my nuts.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7261 on: September 28, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
I hate it when its only 10am and i am already really hungry and lunch is still a long time away. I have no snacks and can only fill up on a coffee mix untill lunch. Will have to stock up on some supplies for hungry times.

What do you snack on in between meals? I would like to find some reasonably priced cashew nuts or other healthy nuts rather than 2+1 chocolate bars that i always tend to buy at CU.
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Eden-Foods-Pocket-Snacks-Quiet-Moon-Nuts-Seeds-Dried-Fruit-12-Packages-1-oz-28-3-g-Each/63069

Decent value and reasonably healthy...just a buck per package.

Offline sbk

• Adventurer
« Reply #7262 on: September 28, 2017, 11:15:39 AM »

I know your struggle.

I buy my nuts from Homeplus or Costco. They're not cheap, but good enough. I also bring in granola bars, jerky, cheese sticks, and, since I have my own classroom this year, stuff like hard-boiled eggs (pre-shelled and kept in a plastic container). I also bring in my own smoothies to sip on while I'm eating my nuts.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Eden-Foods-Pocket-Snacks-Quiet-Moon-Nuts-Seeds-Dried-Fruit-12-Packages-1-oz-28-3-g-Each/63069

Actually my wife used to buy those packets of nuts for me. Its been so long now that i forgot about them. Thanks for that I will have to get them again. 

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7263 on: September 28, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »

I know your struggle.

Actually my wife used to buy those packets of nuts for me. Its been so long now that i forgot about them. Thanks for that I will have to get them again.

They have similar ones on coupang / Homeplus / Lotte too! :) They are calleed every day nut which always makes me chuckle.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #7264 on: September 28, 2017, 12:56:49 PM »
They are calleed every day nut which always makes me chuckle.

Good for prostate health.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7265 on: September 28, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
They have similar ones on coupang / Homeplus / Lotte too! :) They are calleed every day nut which always makes me chuckle.
Curious...

What is the calorie count, and how many grams of sugar per package?

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7266 on: September 28, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »
Curious...

What is the calorie count, and how many grams of sugar per package?

Oh I'm an idiot. It's today nut, not every day nut  :laugh: I must have seen that somewhere though.

120 ish? Each version is different, I like the yogurt one which is mostly nuts but has one or two yogurt covered nuts as a bonus.

http://www.coupang.com/vp/products/2534209?itemId=295155&vendorItemId=3000205577 here you go!

My co worker bought some other brand for our office too, it was way cheaper and just as nice. I can't for the life of me remember what they were called.

Online oglop

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7267 on: September 28, 2017, 01:35:12 PM »
yogurt one is good, as is the fruit one

they also sell a big pack with all of them included, if you wanna try them all

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7268 on: September 28, 2017, 01:47:56 PM »
25% sugar, 5 grams in a 20 gram packet...a little high, no?

That is 6 times higher than the pocket snacks, which only have 1 gram in a 28 gram packet.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7269 on: September 28, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »
25% sugar, 5 grams in a 20 gram packet...a little high, no?

That is 6 times higher than the pocket snacks, which only have 1 gram in a 28 gram packet.

Well It might be because of the fruit?

Anyhoo personally I prefer the convenience of being able to buy it myself in shop so thought I'd let people know.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7270 on: September 28, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »
Will try.

Thanks.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7271 on: September 28, 2017, 02:34:43 PM »
This has been an ice cream kind of day.

IS IT FRIDAY YET GAWD

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7272 on: September 28, 2017, 02:38:36 PM »
In the teacher's office, someone's cellphone has been ringing, almost non-stop, for the last 38 minutes. >.<

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7273 on: September 28, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
In the teacher's office, someone's cellphone has been ringing, almost non-stop, for the last 38 minutes. >.<

I would gladly take that over the time my upstairs neighbor was retching for half an hour straight over 2 days. No idea how he's alive.

Offline sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7274 on: September 28, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »
the way one of my CT says "it's" like... it-ch-suh

it grates on my nerves now

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7275 on: September 28, 2017, 02:45:41 PM »

IS IT FRIDAY YET GAWD

Something something poison.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7276 on: September 28, 2017, 02:48:47 PM »

Answer it and say 'yubba-say-yo,' and really emphasize the 'yubba.' Make sure your waygookin accent is extra thick. Don't forget to breathe super heavy.

IS IT FRIDAY YET GAWD

Something something poison.

It's a way of life.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #7277 on: September 28, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »

IS IT FRIDAY YET GAWD
Today is Friday, as there are no classes here tomorrow :)

Enjoy your Chuseok.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7278 on: September 28, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »

IS IT FRIDAY YET GAWD
Today is Friday, as there are no classes here tomorrow :)

Enjoy your Chuseok.

Not for me, unfortunately, tomorrow is still a workday. On the upside, though, we'll probably get to leave early.

Have a good holiday!

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7279 on: September 28, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »
I just wanted to go home and drink whisky, now I want to go home drink whisky and eat ice cream.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne