December 18, 2017, 04:42:04 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 603550 times)

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4700 on: April 05, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »

Yeah that was pretty bad. From now on it's only gonna be "Coke" for me. Do you have Coke?  ;D

I gave my students writing essays to tell me about their best vacation and one girl wrote that her best vacation was when her mom took her to the movies and got her a popcorn and "coke."

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4701 on: April 05, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
I'd let Chinguetti Ajumma Smash me.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Are you sure about that, it sounds like a pretty unpleasant experience for you. xD

But okay, if that's what you're into...

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #4702 on: April 05, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
I'd let Chinguetti Ajumma Smash me.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Are you sure about that, it sounds like a pretty unpleasant experience for you. xD

But okay, if that's what you're into...

Never was a fan of musicals....

Online sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4703 on: April 05, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »
Woah, I knew this would blow up.  First off, no one said women aren't into casual relationships.  And I wasn't implying that men take this approach to women who clearly aren't interested. But clearly you don't understand that women rarely if ever show overt interest to men. They never come up to us and say 'Oh let's go back to my place.' or 'Oh I like you.' We get little to nothing. So when guys do things that come across as stupid to you, it's because we have no idea what she's thinking unless she tells us clearly. We might think she likes us because she smiles at us.  Once again, I'm not condoning the hail mary pass, I'm just saying I understand why as a man.

PS if this approach didn't work, tinder wouldn't exist.  No one is saying to come across as a pervert.

While I can understand where you're coming from here, I don't agree with this.

It's just that some people are better at reading than others. It comes back to social skills and reading social cues. Most women who are interested give some pretty clear signs, even when they're being "subtle." For guys who really can't seem to identify them, researching the internet is a good first step. You don't need to be overt to send out signals.

In short, a smile is not enough to make an assumption about casual sex. People smile when they're being nice. That's it.

But if you've been flirting with the woman for a while and she's been reciprocating (real flirting -- just talking to a woman about her day is not flirting, a lot of guys and gals could learn a thing or two about how to flirt), and she's giving you the bedroom eyes, making a respectful proposition wouldn't be out-of-line.

Also, a person's approach for sealing the deal could also make or break the vibe. A woman (or man) could totally be interested in the beginning but may lose that interest if you come off too strong or disrespectful.

I'm not disagreeing with you but flirting doesn't mean anything.  It doesn't mean she's interested. I've had women with boyfriends flirt with me, I've had single women flirt with me. Women who are interested in me, women who aren't. Some people just like the back and forth and don't plan on taking it further.

I guess my underlying point here is that just because you are upfront and interested in something casual, does not mean you are scuzzy, a loser, socially inept or any of the other labels that the girls in this thread are attaching to it.  Obviously there have been some bad experiences on Sevenpm's part that she's reacting so negatively.  But, just because I said I understand why guys might be straight and to the point does not mean that approach equates to being a creep.  I don't appreciate that label being thrown around nor do the other men in this thread.  Can't we just have a civil discussion about a tantalizing topic without resorting to insults?

Was it you who started this justifying bad behavior? Honestly I didn't double check names so I may have been overly harsh on someone else.

"just because you are upfront and interested in something casual, does not mean you are scuzzy, a loser, socially inept or any of the other labels that the girls in this thread are attaching to it"

Yes it does mean that if you make a habit out of approaching people who are not interested in you. One mistake doesn't make a bad person, but using this "tactic" and not caring about who you creep out in the process does make you a gross guy.

Obviously there have been some bad experiences on Sevenpm's part that she's reacting so negatively.  But, just because I said I understand why guys might be straight and to the point does not mean that approach equates to being a creep.

This isn't unique on my part. In most situations, girls don't want to be randomly approached for sex. That shouldn't be a surprise to you. If I go out with a group of girls and the guys we meet are particularly scuzzy, it can ruin our entire night. If you go some place and people keep disrespecting you, you can't have a good time. Even if you went there to meet someone and are open to something casual, if guys can't do it in a respectful way like waiting until you show interest, you don't feel safe and you don't have a good time. It's not as easy as "just say no" and brush it off when it keeps happening, and you can't walk to the bathroom without guys reaching out and grabbing you, and men literally follow you around for hours without taking a hint, guys pulling your friends away from your group so you have to look out for them too. Do those guys go home thinking they were creeps that night? Probably not, they were just playing a game of numbers after all.

I think you just need to think about this in a point of view different from your own. What you see as a harmless suggestion is actually a sea of bullshit we have to wade through when we are just trying to have a good time, the same as you. You might think "I don't have bad intentions and I'm not a creep" but your intentions don't matter if the outcome is that you are creeping women out on the regular. So I don't think my advice to try and make more sure that a person wants to go with you before your proposition them is that unthinkable.

Like, clearly the problem isn't casual relations or even being up front about it... it's being upfront about it with the wrong people. My stance is that it's avoidable if you don't prioritize yourself/what you want over being a decent person, no matter what the "odds" of scoring are.

Anyway I'm sure people are tired of reading about this unsavory subject. I don't expect to change any minds here as people are pretty much committed to who they want to be at this point in their lives.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4704 on: April 05, 2017, 12:54:06 PM »
Was it you who started this justifying bad behavior? Honestly I didn't double check names so I may have been overly harsh on someone else.

Yeah, that's me, probably.

Remember, kids! Check your usernames!

Online kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4705 on: April 05, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »
Yeah that was pretty bad. From now on it's only gonna be "Coke" for me. Do you have Coke?  ;D

an oldy but a goodie. this edit of it is really good

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4706 on: April 05, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »

Here's an alternative to the Korean teacher. This one sounds Chinese, despite the title.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4707 on: April 05, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »
"Ah Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage."

Try some of these steps if you're still having issues with that error:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/05/23/how-to-fix-google-chromes-aw-snap-error-message-when-loading-websites/

Online elsbethm

• Adventurer
« Reply #4708 on: April 05, 2017, 01:29:05 PM »

Been having the same problem all day, as have other people in my town.  Is it possible for the schools to block a whole browser?
Firefox is still working, though!

Offline Conner42

• Adventurer
« Reply #4709 on: April 05, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »
Well, let me try to add to this discussion about casual sex and relationships and whatnot.

I think there's an underlying issue that's not being addressed because we're arguing with individual attitudes and we have to explain why it's not okay to behave a certain way in situations. Because, god damn, I don't know if it's good or bad that I feel empathy for a lot of these guys. I remember being bullied and attacked over these kinds of things and how some people made me feel gross and unwanted in almost every conceivable way.

This shit haunts you for the rest of your life.

I hate it that there's something that makes some guys feel like losers because they can't "get any." Though, I don't want to say it's just guys, I know that there are probably a lot of girls who get shamed over the same kinds of things too. Maybe there are differences...I'm not sure, but I think the same principle still applies.

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?

I think people getting mad because they can't get laid or even just not being able to have a relationship is more of a symptom of how are society is working. Maybe if we can look at it from that perspective, we can have a half way decent answer to this.
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4710 on: April 05, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
I hate it that there's something that makes some guys feel like losers because they can't "get any." Though, I don't want to say it's just guys, I know that there are probably a lot of girls who get shamed over the same kinds of things too. Maybe there are differences...I'm not sure, but I think the same principle still applies.

Generally males have been/are encouraged to "get laid" and "become a man" whereas generally females have been/are shamed for losing their virginity [before marriage].  Though this is changing somewhat these days. 

As if having sex somehow makes you become a mature adult. 

Anyway, at some point you have to learn to stand on your personal ideals rather than seeking for mainstream society's approval.  Perhaps I've just been fortunate but the people I grew up/chose to hang out with didn't shame each other for such a thing as silly as whether or not you've had sex or how often or whatever.  I like to think that the majority of people are not douchetards who bully each other for any random reason.  Other than an occasional prick, I feel as though most people I grew up with were pretty mild mannered. 

If you want sex and/or a relationship, fine, I get that.  But the moment anyone starts to view their desire as more important than another's right to decline said desire is very problematic.  It's normal to want such things-- just don't feel as if you are entitled. 

(I'm just speaking general thoughts based on your comment and not personally directing any of this at you, fyi.)

EDIT:  Also, if this has become such a big thing in one's life then maybe one is in need of more hobbies and ways to find personal fulfillment/betterment other than seeking to score. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:10:31 PM by yirj17 »

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4711 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
Has anyone in this debate ever said at any stage that it was OK to continue pestering/grabbing a woman  after she's turned you down? if they did I can't remember. The original issue I seem to remember was about propositioning someone for sex. I assumed if the woman in question said no, you'd move on to the next one. I've never tried this myself but I guess the idea behind it is to cut to the chase. Getting the nod to buy her a drink, have a dance, go back to yours etc...still might ultimately come to nothing so you try to save yourself the bother of going though those stages.

I made a comment about 'hitting' on women with boyfriends but I didn't actually mean in the stranger in a night club type scenario. I was thinking of the type of situation when you try it on with someone you already know, they tell you they have a boyfriend but keep giving off signals/flirting so you have another go.

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4712 on: April 05, 2017, 02:43:31 PM »
Dance practice next to my classroom. For the past hour now: "NONG NONG NONG NONG NONG ON MA DOE NONG NONG NONG NONG NONG ON MAH DOE" over and over and over and over and over. I'm losing my mind!

Offline toddingumi

• Veteran
« Reply #4713 on: April 05, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »

Try some of these steps if you're still having issues with that error:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/05/23/how-to-fix-google-chromes-aw-snap-error-message-when-loading-websites/

Thanks for the link, but still no luck

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4714 on: April 05, 2017, 03:49:38 PM »
Let me just boil down this whole argument:

Situation 1:
"Hey you're pretty cool, wanna come back to mine?"

"No, I'm not interested like that."

*Man walks away.*

Conversely, "Yes, that sounds great. Let's go to your place." Two consenting adults and all that...

There is nothing wrong with this interaction. The man isn't a scuzz, or a loser.

Situation 2:
"Hey wanna get sum fuk?"

This is wrong. If men have approached you like this, I understand your anger, that's not what I was saying I understand about.

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4715 on: April 05, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »
Ok so I am actually looking for some guidance and clarity. I have a school that is insisting that they need my stamp. I have advised that I dont have a stamp, and I have been told that I must get one., because everyone has a stamp and that my signature just isn't enough. I have been here 3 years and this is a first for me. But before I argue, I just want to know if there is something I am missing, perhaps I truly am being the ignorant foreigner.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #4716 on: April 05, 2017, 05:36:15 PM »
Ok so I am actually looking for some guidance and clarity. I have a school that is insisting that they need my stamp. I have advised that I dont have a stamp, and I have been told that I must get one., because everyone has a stamp and that my signature just isn't enough. I have been here 3 years and this is a first for me. But before I argue, I just want to know if there is something I am missing, perhaps I truly am being the ignorant foreigner.
That is pretty funny.

20+ years ago, I was told I needed one.  It's nonsense.

Because I used it then, the bank still requires the same stamp today...

Don't don't do it.

Online StillInKorea

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4717 on: April 05, 2017, 05:49:34 PM »

You can stick your thumb in the ink and use your fingerprint instead.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #4718 on: April 06, 2017, 07:52:28 AM »

You can stick your thumb in the ink and use your fingerprint instead.

This is accurate. I did this years ago when signing my first housing contract.

Or you could just go buy a stamp. They're like 5,000-20,000 won. They're dirt cheap.

I asked to use my stamp and they said no. hahahaa

Online gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #4719 on: April 06, 2017, 07:59:27 AM »
My anxiety is so bad today I wasn't able to plan the second half of my elementary 3/4 double-lesson.

Getting real sick of this shit.