December 11, 2017, 05:05:53 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594828 times)

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #3940 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »
I'm back in the cold teachers' room after being gone for 3 weeks.  There are only 4 of us here.  I am wearing my coat and gloves.  The only bright spot in this day may be a hot bowl of soup when we have lunch delivered.

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3941 on: January 31, 2017, 11:04:44 AM »
20 more working days.... so close....

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3942 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:34 PM »
New office admin lady has decided that unless I magically produce a certificate of residence from thin air before Feb 3rd, then I have to do my own taxes  >:(
I handed in my certificate the first day I arrived at my school in Aug 2015. Last year the office guy just sorted everything. I'm still in my 2 year exemption phase. Just applied for a new cert on the stupid UK goverment website and it takes 35 days to process.
 :cry:

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3943 on: January 31, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »
New office admin lady has decided that unless I magically produce a certificate of residence from thin air before Feb 3rd, then I have to do my own taxes  >:(
I handed in my certificate the first day I arrived at my school in Aug 2015. Last year the office guy just sorted everything. I'm still in my 2 year exemption phase. Just applied for a new cert on the stupid UK goverment website and it takes 35 days to process.

Just to let you know...when i applied for a second one the government said no, i could only have one certificate to last the two years. :/ Fingers crossed for you though! You probably will get it because I know some others that did....I swear no one here or there knows what they are doing.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3944 on: January 31, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »
Got messages from coT telling me to stay in the office during office hours. CoT isn't even here. If she's so concerned I'm skipping out, she could just confirm with the secretary that I'm here every day when I'm supposed to be...

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3945 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:05 PM »
I'm so cold and bored. I brought stuff to do/ read today but can't really bring myself to do it. I'm just cuddled in my massive jacket flicking between  facebook, news sites, buzzfeed and shopping. Its killing me. Only an hour and 15 minutes to go.....

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3946 on: January 31, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »
The cold is seriously demotivating. I'm getting some drawing done at least, with some TV running in the background. Not much longer! Then I can do the same thing at home where it's warmer lol

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3947 on: January 31, 2017, 03:37:31 PM »

Just to let you know...when i applied for a second one the government said no, i could only have one certificate to last the two years. :/ Fingers crossed for you though! You probably will get it because I know some others that did....I swear no one here or there knows what they are doing.

Fingers firmly crossed!

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #3948 on: February 01, 2017, 07:46:26 AM »
First day back to work after a nice long vacation and my classroom heater isn't working. Good thing it's only -7C.

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3949 on: February 01, 2017, 09:10:54 AM »
Two pairs of socks.  Two!!!

Offline hiragardless

• Waygookin
« Reply #3950 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:15 AM »
Does anybody have those days, where you come back from vacation and have no idea what in the world is going on? I've just come back from vacation and we've started February classes. But, I have no idea if I'm teaching or not today. My main co-teacher is changing schools and is no longer coming back, so I have a temporary co-teacher as well as my other co-teacher. I went to the English classroom a minute ago to see if my class was in there. But, there was another class in there with the temporary co-teacher. I can't find my other co-teacher whom I am supposed to be teaching with at the moment. The class is still listed on the schedule but I have no idea where it's supposed to be taking place at, the regular classrooms don't have computers. You have to bring a laptop with you to those classrooms. It's just one of those days I guess. It just makes me want to go home and become a blanket burrito. I still have two classes that are listed on the schedule but we shall see what happens. Is this a common thing for others during this time? Not gonna lie, it kind drives me a little crazy.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3951 on: February 01, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »

Fingers firmly crossed!

I know this doesn't help you with the current situation, but from now on, always keep a photocopy of every document you turn in to your MOE or to your school administrators. I guarantee this won't be the last time they lose something that's important to you.

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3952 on: February 01, 2017, 10:00:50 AM »

Fingers firmly crossed!

I know this doesn't help you with the current situation, but from now on, always keep a photocopy of every document you turn in to your MOE or to your school administrators. I guarantee this won't be the last time they lose something that's important to you.

Thanks for the tip. The annoying thing is it's not lost. It's in the tax office where it should be and where it was sent in Sept 2015. It wasn't required last January so I don't know why she needs it this year...

But yes, the photocopier is my new best friend!  :azn:

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3953 on: February 01, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »
The cold is seriously demotivating. I'm getting some drawing done at least, with some TV running in the background. Not much longer! Then I can do the same thing at home where it's warmer lol

How is the drawing going? Getting some good lines in?

I'm so cold and bored. I brought stuff to do/ read today but can't really bring myself to do it. I'm just cuddled in my massive jacket flicking between  facebook, news sites, buzzfeed and shopping. Its killing me. Only an hour and 15 minutes to go.....

This was me yesterday, minus the shopping.  Today I decided, bugger it, lets see how high I can crank this air-con.  I'm stupidly paranoid the VP will come in and tell me not to have the aircon set so high.  I really shouldn't worry, but I do feel kinda guilty heating this bog room for just me.  Send me home if you want to save money!!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #3954 on: February 01, 2017, 11:31:10 AM »

How is the drawing going? Getting some good lines in?

Fairly well, I think. I'm experimenting with stippling and also am practicing figure drawing. Kinda just letting the imagination run, which I think is good fun. I enjoy drawing creatures.

Stippling is stupid time-consuming though I'm probably just not that efficient yet. I seem to be developing something of a style though, which is cool

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3955 on: February 01, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »
I genuinely feel bad for all you poor folks freezing. I have the opposite problem. The teacher's office is stifling! I feel like I'm going to melt! I think it must be the only room in the school where the radiators actually work and they must be cranked up to the max. As soon as you leave the office the chill returns though.

I wouldn't swap for the cold mind you :azn:

gidget

« Reply #3956 on: February 02, 2017, 12:29:07 PM »
I've just checked on the system and my February vacation was never approved. It was actually cancelled in January but I was told, in January, that my leave had finally been OKed because they'd changed it oh so many, many, many times. I decided to check up on this after finding out that somebody changed the days (AGAIN!!!) about when the teachers have to come into school.

Currently, I'm going to have to have a split vacation. Possibly.

Offline emmas28

• Veteran
« Reply #3957 on: February 02, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
I've just checked on the system and my February vacation was never approved. It was actually cancelled in January but I was told, in January, that my leave had finally been OKed because they'd changed it oh so many, many, many times. I decided to check up on this after finding out that somebody changed the days (AGAIN!!!) about when the teachers have to come into school.

That sucks. I really don't understand how difficult it is to decide when vactaions/new year starts and when kids/teachers should be in school. UK schools have their holidays set in stone for like 5 years in advance.
I had a strange conversation before xmas with my coteacher about my February holiday, she said we will request it on the system in February. I was quite anxious about this until my VP asked me when I was going home the other day. Biggest sigh of relief EVER that she's aware. Coteacher is back in tomorrow so I am going to be on her until she inputs that request!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #3958 on: February 02, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »

That sucks. I really don't understand how difficult it is to decide when vactaions/new year starts and when kids/teachers should be in school. UK schools have their holidays set in stone for like 5 years in advance.
I had a strange conversation before xmas with my coteacher about my February holiday, she said we will request it on the system in February. I was quite anxious about this until my VP asked me when I was going home the other day. Biggest sigh of relief EVER that she's aware. Coteacher is back in tomorrow so I am going to be on her until she inputs that request!

This is what I don't understand. It's like, November and I don't know when my vacation in mid-January is. It's utter insanity. This shit should all be hammered out the January BEFORE, before the school year starts.

gidget

« Reply #3959 on: February 02, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
...I had a strange conversation before xmas with my coteacher about my February holiday, she said we will request it on the system in February...

This! This is the reason I was told they deleted my leave. That it had to be requested in February. Unfortunately, the one person I can speak to about actually entering my leave in the system (for the umpteenth time) is in a panic because he was just told the same thing and he booked a non-refundable vacation.

I think he's actually gone to speak to someone about it now but from the sounds that have gone before, it might not end as quietly and happily as he thinks it will.