December 11, 2017, 05:14:52 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594836 times)

Offline waygook2016

• Waygookin
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2016, 01:35:33 PM »
I think I'm going to bring my yoga mat and a copy of P90X to work tomorrow. There's no excuse for wasting this much time.

They turned off the AC anyway so.... Might as well make it count.

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2016, 01:40:10 PM »
They turned off the water so they can do maintenance on something, and the drilling is so loud I can't hear myself think. I'm gonna go find food and hope that they're finished by the time I come back.

Online Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #362 on: July 25, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Just wrapped up my first day of summer camp. I still feel lost...

Me too.

It was pretty pointless it seems. The turn out isn't so great. Oh well. The kids that did show up seemed to enjoy their time. Good thing I had a ton of games and stuff to keep them occupied.

I just dont know if I should actually be attempting to teach English at this thing.

Don't do it! They don't want to learn and you shouldn't have to teach anything more than the basics. Spin it that you're teaching through English immersion.  :laugh: Just have fun. That's all the school usually expects

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »
My CoTeacher is in IDGAF mode right now.

I didnt know how bad it was until i saw underneath her desk today while i was cleaning up. It's like slowly shes becoming surrounded by a pile of empty cookie boxes and dirty socks. Is this acceptable?

I added a filter to make it look less depressing

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #364 on: July 25, 2016, 02:51:27 PM »
I want to bash my head into a wall. Two weeks of summer camp... It will never end. :cry:

My CoTeacher is in IDGAF mode right now.

I didnt know how bad it was until i saw underneath her desk today while i was cleaning up. It's like slowly shes becoming surrounded by a pile of empty cookie boxes and dirty socks. Is this acceptable?

I added a filter to make it look less depressing

That's honestly not even that bad but LOL at the childish slippers.

Offline waygook2016

• Waygookin
« Reply #365 on: July 25, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »
I want to bash my head into a wall. Two weeks of summer camp... It will never end. :cry:

Three weeks. Started today. I honestly wouldn't even care if I got to go home in the afternoons.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #366 on: July 25, 2016, 03:04:10 PM »

Three weeks. Started today. I honestly wouldn't even care if I got to go home in the afternoons.

I would seriously question life if I had to do three weeks. I hate camp.

Offline boboftroy

• Explorer
« Reply #367 on: July 25, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »
My co-teacher implied that I could go home after summer camp and then I get a call at the bus stop asking where I am from the vice-principal. So incredibly pissed off right now. All she could say was 'the contract say you must be here 4 hour 30.'  >:(

Offline FreddyPrinceWilliam

• Veteran
« Reply #368 on: July 25, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
My co-teacher implied that I could go home after summer camp and then I get a call at the bus stop asking where I am from the vice-principal. So incredibly pissed off right now. All she could say was 'the contract say you must be here 4 hour 30.'  >:(

Next time done answer the phone

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »
I have a coteacher but only in title. Most times she doesn't show up. Occasionally she'll walk in for five minutes and either be on her phone, trying to take over a lesson and messing it up and confusing the kids as to why she's there, or criticizing how I'm teaching/showing something. I usually smile and "mmhmm" and ignore her but today it was like something cracked. Once or twice she's apologized for the way something had come out, saying that she didn't mean to sound harsh and I usually just think "lady, if you knew the real me I could make you cry." But we have to put on this facade, right? Because we're really just puppets.......sorry, I'm rambling.

I'm trying to explain an activity to my 3-6 summer camp and they're not getting it so I'm like ok I'll show them and explain. Here she walks in and sees they are a little confused so she starts criticizing me. "Oh, you have to explain it to them first. They don't understand." No shit sherlock. "No, you're not showing it and explaining it right." Then she gives me a suggestion and I do it to appease her. "Oh, you're not doing it right. You're confusing them. You have to say it like this. They don't understand." She starts explaining it to them in KOREAN. And I look away momentarily to pick some thing up. "Look at me, you need to pay attention to what I'm doing." Umm, excuse me?! Did you just talk to me like a child? So basically we got into an argument (unprofessional, I know  :-[) in front of them. I pretty much said what I've been wanting to. If you were actually here doing your job, we wouldn't be going through this. You come in here criticizing me when I literally ALREADY did all of your suggestions and you try to do it in english and realize they only half way get it so you start speaking korean. I wouldn't have done this activity in the first place if you hadn't told me to do it. UGGGHHH!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I know this post is too long and probably a mess but I'm really frustrated.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:13:56 PM by sunflowerxoxo »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »
I have a coteacher but only in title. Most times she doesn't show up. Occasionally she'll walk in for five minutes and either be on her phone, trying to take over a lesson and messing it up and confusing the kids as to why she's there, or criticizing how I'm teaching/showing something. I usually smile and "mmhmm" and ignore her but today it was like something cracked. Once or twice she's apologized for the way something had come out, saying that she didn't mean to sound harsh and I usually just think "lady, if you knew the real me I could make you cry." But we have to put on this facade, right? Because we're really just puppets.......sorry, I'm rambling.

I'm trying to explain an activity to my 3-6 summer camp and they're not getting it so I'm like ok I'll show them and explain. Here she walks in and sees they are a little confused so she starts criticizing me. "Oh, you have to explain it to them first. They don't understand." No shit sherlock. "No, you're not showing it and explaining it right." Then she gives me a suggestion and I do it to appease her. "Oh, you're not doing it right. You're confusing them. You have to say it like this. They don't understand." She starts explaining it to them in KOREAN. And I look away momentarily to pick some thing up. "Look at me, you need to pay attention to what I'm doing." Umm, excuse me?! Did you just talk to me like a child? So basically we got into an argument (unprofessional, I know  :-[) in front of them. I pretty much said what I've been wanting to. If you were actually here doing your job, we wouldn't be going through this. You come in here criticizing me when I literally ALREADY did all of your suggestions and you try to do it in english and realize they only half way get it so you start speaking korean. I wouldn't have done this activity in the first place if you hadn't have  told me to do it. UGGGHHH!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ugghhhhhhh, the Korean thing drives me insane. I understand the need for it sometimes but it goes way too far sometimes. I can explain 7UP to a class of grade 3 students, it's not rocket science. I asked a grade 5 class what numbers they had pulled from the box (1-12) and I said one my Co-T would say 일번. Two --> 이번.

They're in grade 5, they know how to count to twelve. JESUS. 

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »

I'm trying to explain an activity to my 3-6 summer camp and they're not getting it so I'm like ok I'll show them and explain. Here she walks in and sees they are a little confused so she starts criticizing me. "Oh, you have to explain it to them first. They don't understand." No shit sherlock. "No, you're not showing it and explaining it right." Then she gives me a suggestion and I do it to appease her. "Oh, you're not doing it right. You're confusing them. You have to say it like this. They don't understand." She starts explaining it to them in KOREAN. And I look away momentarily to pick some thing up. "Look at me, you need to pay attention to what I'm doing." Umm, excuse me?! Did you just talk to me like a child? So basically we got into an argument (unprofessional, I know  :-[) in front of them. I pretty much said what I've been wanting to. If you were actually here doing your job, we wouldn't be going through this. You come in here criticizing me when I literally ALREADY did all of your suggestions and you try to do it in english and realize they only half way get it so you start speaking korean. I wouldn't have done this activity in the first place if you hadn't have  told me to do it. UGGGHHH!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ugghhhhhhh, the Korean thing drives me insane. I understand the need for it sometimes but it goes way too far sometimes. I can explain 7UP to a class of grade 3 students, it's not rocket science. I asked a grade 5 class what numbers they had pulled from the box (1-12) and I said one my Co-T would say 일번. Two --> 이번.

They're in grade 5, they know how to count to twelve. JESUS.

My elem. coT annoys me with numbers too. All of our students (grades 3 & up) know how to count to at least ten. But she insists on saying numbers in Korean.  :rolleyes: >:(

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »
I'm so stressed out and already emotionally drained from camp and the drama. The kids are great but the coteachers are making such a big deal about everything. My lessons aren't even that complex and a couple of coteachers are acting like it's the end of the world. I just wanted the kids to have fun...

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2016, 12:16:23 PM »
My Co-T loves showing this video and I cringe every time I see it.

I cringe at the voice acting, I HATE THE VOICES IN THIS VIDEO. IT'S THE SAME SOUND OVER OVER AND OVER. "이이이 오우? 오우?? 오우~~~~~? I cringe at the animation. It looks like it was made in 17 frames per second. It's not fluid. It's the ugliest baby ever put to film.

I detest this video so much. 

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »
Backstory: My CT bought a bunch of random stuff for camp. Including 10 plastic files. I typically use them for board games so the kids can write on them and I re-use the boards. I have 20 or so I've been using and cleaning for the past couple of years.

This conversation just happened with my CT;

Me: So tomorrow we're playing connect 4. they'll work in pairs get the board etc.
Her: But we only bought 10 plastic files.
Me: Nah, we're good I have mine.
Her: Yours are dirty. We only have 10 files.
Me: Okay.

Her, respectively and at an increasing volume: We only have 10 plastic files.
My responses in order.
1. Um, okay.
2. Uh...
3. ....

She just stopped talking and walked away. I'm not sure how she expects me to solve this problem for her.

Offline Paul

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2016, 12:35:52 PM »

My elem. coT annoys me with numbers too. All of our students (grades 3 & up) know how to count to at least ten. But she insists on saying numbers in Korean.  :rolleyes: >:(

But then deviate from the lesson plan and try to explain a complex concept beyond where they are in their regular Korean-presented education in English?

My gripe is that there's seemingly no water in the building I'm teaching in this week yet nobody to report it to. Today I was the water bearer. Tomorrow onwards its being delegated to a new student per day. We're working around the problem, but that's besides the point: Why is there suddenly no water in the midst of summer? What happens if something more serious goes awry?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 01:03:42 PM by Paul »
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »

I cringe at the voice acting, I HATE THE VOICES IN THIS VIDEO. IT'S THE SAME SOUND OVER OVER AND OVER. "이이이 오우? 오우?? 오우~~~~~? I cringe at the animation. It looks like it was made in 17 frames per second. It's not fluid. It's the ugliest baby ever put to film.

One of the best rants I've ever read. I especially love the last-minute slam of the ugly baby. A+

Online kimchi_mandu

• Veteran
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »
They are doing VERY loud construction in the rooms above, next to and below mine. I can't hear myself think nevermind teach 20 grade 3s & 4s camp (without a co-teacher).

Also in my grade 5/6 camp there are hardly any kids but 4 of the 7 are just asshole boys. I cannot wait for this hell to be over and I'm on a plane getting tfo of here for a while.  :cry:

Offline DLJL

• Super Waygook
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »
Backstory: My CT bought a bunch of random stuff for camp. Including 10 plastic files. I typically use them for board games so the kids can write on them and I re-use the boards. I have 20 or so I've been using and cleaning for the past couple of years.

This conversation just happened with my CT;

Me: So tomorrow we're playing connect 4. they'll work in pairs get the board etc.
Her: But we only bought 10 plastic files.
Me: Nah, we're good I have mine.
Her: Yours are dirty. We only have 10 files.
Me: Okay.

Her, respectively and at an increasing volume: We only have 10 plastic files.
My responses in order.
1. Um, okay.
2. Uh...
3. ....

She just stopped talking and walked away. I'm not sure how she expects me to solve this problem for her.

Do you have a laminate machine? I usually laminate stuff like that then I can clean and use again forever.

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2016, 12:47:20 PM »
My Co-T loves showing this video and I cringe every time I see it.

That's probably the ugliest cartoon baby I've ever seen  :laugh: The video creeps me out for some reason. Do the kids at least like it?