December 11, 2017, 05:27:22 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 594858 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2880 on: December 01, 2016, 11:54:04 AM »
Yeah the candy culture here blows my mind. Getting rewards for doing the bare minimum of what is asked. Unreal.

I share an office with a teacher who is known for having a drawer of treats and so the same six or seven students will bring their screeching and general noise pollution in during the breaks to beg for food like they're stray cats. Those 10 minutes of relative peace are totally shot.

:police: What's this?

:undecided: "It's a pencil."

HAVE A CANDY

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2881 on: December 01, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »
Candy is basically the best poisson ever.

Online sevenpm

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2882 on: December 01, 2016, 11:55:52 AM »
Another rant!

The last two times I went out for fried chicken I've woken up with nasty stomach pains that I can't sleep through. It ends with me on the toilet in the wee hours of the morning wondering what the hell I did to deserve this. The bubbling, churning stomach pains chicken gives me is unlike any other reaction I've had to food, aside from food poisoning or allergy.

I don't eat fried chicken often, but I never had this problem before, but now it seems like I just can't stomach it.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2883 on: December 01, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
Candy is basically poison.

BCS's candy comments are hereafter a drinking game. Everybody take a shot! :laugh:

Online zola

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2884 on: December 01, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Which one of you twerps told my principal "Oh, in Gyeonggi-Do we stay at school until 5 even during the vacation! Herp derp!"?

According to my CoT, it was a foreigner.

Now, in typical Gyeonggi see, Gyeonggi do fashion, it looks like I'll be doing exorbitant amounts of deskwarming this vacation that they never saw fit to make me do before they knew Gyeonggi did it.

People just don't know when to keep their mouths shut. I see it time and again with co-workers. Either putting themselves in it, or worse, unknowingly condemning some poor sod they have never met to some arbitrary amendment to their working conditions.

When asked questions re:working conditions, especially if you know you have a good thing going, be as vague as possible. Commit to nothing. Use words like "maybe,perhaps,sometimes,might" or "i can't remember/I don't know"

A place I used to work in tried to cut our holidays by 1 week becuase some schmuck at a similar institution went blabbing around that they had less holidays then we did. Idiot.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2885 on: December 01, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
Candy is basically the best poisson ever.

J'adore les bonbons de poisson!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:39:52 PM by kyndo »

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2886 on: December 01, 2016, 12:07:54 PM »

BCS's candy comments are hereafter a drinking game. Everybody take a shot! :laugh:

Shots are metaphorically poison.

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2887 on: December 01, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »
Yeah, I haven't given candy out in over a year. Now, if we play a game (which isn't terribly often) I give them one extra point in their grade.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2888 on: December 01, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »

It's literally poison. But the best poison ever~

Er, second best.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:51:43 PM by donovan »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2889 on: December 01, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »

Er, second best.

Every time he says "literally" I feel like I ought to, I dunno, eat a piece of poison. But not literal poison.

Online CO2

• The Legend
« Reply #2890 on: December 01, 2016, 02:43:58 PM »

Er, second best.

Bro, check yo music, bruvna. There is only one true 80s metal Poison anthem.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2891 on: December 01, 2016, 02:50:13 PM »

Er, second best.

Every time he says "literally" I feel like I ought to, I dunno, eat a piece of poison. But not literal poison.

Ha. There's some science behind that.

"Inhaling fear"
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/opinion/12lindstrom.html?_r=1

The warning labels backfired: they stimulated the nucleus accumbens, sometimes called the “craving spot,” which lights up on f.M.R.I. whenever a person craves something, whether it’s alcohol, drugs, tobacco or gambling.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2892 on: December 01, 2016, 03:00:01 PM »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2893 on: December 01, 2016, 03:34:21 PM »
The other day I let some elem. kids each choose a sticker after playing a game (it's a really small class so it doesn't take much time). There were very few of the popular kind left and as a student was choosing, my coT asked "Can I have a sticker?" and reached out to take one. Fortunately she listened when I told her to "Please wait" and let the child choose first but come on >:(

Literally nearly every time I give them stickers she has to have one too. But can you at least wait last and let the kids have first choice?  :rolleyes: I kinda wish there had only been enough of that kind of sticker for the students so she wouldn't have gotten one. It's not like I buy these stickers for her

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2894 on: December 01, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
The other day I let some elem. kids each choose a sticker after playing a game (it's a really small class so it doesn't take much time). There were very few of the popular kind left and as a student was choosing, my coT asked "Can I have a sticker?" and reached out to take one. Fortunately she listened when I told her to "Please wait" and let the child choose first but come on >:(

Literally nearly every time I give them stickers she has to have one too. But can you at least wait last and let the kids have first choice?  :rolleyes: I kinda wish there had only been enough of that kind of sticker for the students so she wouldn't have gotten one. It's not like I buy these stickers for her

Lol? What does she use them for? :rolleyes:

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2895 on: December 01, 2016, 04:04:56 PM »
She just sticks them on her phone  :undecided:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2896 on: December 01, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
  - Ogden Nash

Offline WheresMyCoffee

• Adventurer
« Reply #2897 on: December 02, 2016, 08:03:55 AM »
Yeah the candy culture here blows my mind. Getting rewards for doing the bare minimum of what is asked. Unreal.

I share an office with a teacher who is known for having a drawer of treats and so the same six or seven students will bring their screeching and general noise pollution in during the breaks to beg for food like they're stray cats. Those 10 minutes of relative peace are totally shot.

:police: What's this?

:undecided: "It's a pencil."

HAVE A CANDY

My School gets 800 dollars for English budget for extra materials... I have 4 CT's.... so they each get $200 (I get zero of course). What do they do, they all just bought boxes of maichu. Then all year complaints of no English budget......

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2898 on: December 02, 2016, 08:05:32 AM »
Every day these 3 cunts gather around my desk which is right next to the kettle and have loud conversation/coffee hour.  I really needed to get my third grade lesson done today but couldn't work with them next to me.  So I decided to say **** it and just do a second grade lesson with them.  My coteacher doesn't seem to give a shit anyway... she'll either be fucked off sitting at her desk in the other room or walking around chatting with the kids distracting everyone anyway so **** it.  Now I can sit at my desk and read instead of stressing over it since no one else gives a shit.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2899 on: December 02, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »
Is it a rule that all middle school secretaries have to be as loud and annoying as possible?  I swear the one at this school answers the phone every time with the equivalent of "HELLO YOU HAVE REACHED _____ MIDDLE SCHOOL.  THIS IS _______.  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CALLING.  YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US.  HOW MAY I DIRECT YOUR CALL TODAY?"  Every single time.  And then the line disconnects somehow and she answers immediately with the entire speech.  It got ridiculous last winter break when the students were prank calling the school.