December 15, 2017, 10:09:25 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 600203 times)

Online JNM

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2740 on: November 25, 2016, 05:06:36 AM »
CO2,

Not sure how or why you think I misquoted him.

I copied and pasted the quote, then reduced the length of the quote with a triple-dot glyph for relevance.  Furthermore, I then added a hyper-link of the actual article.

If I had been trying to manipulate a quote, why on earth would I attach a link to the article?

Go stuff yourself!

Pretty sure he was taking about ingredients, not served meals.

Things like using bones and peels for soup bases. 

Pretty common way to operate a kitchen.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2741 on: November 25, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »
Yes, my reading comprehension isn't the greatest, too many years in Korea has caused severe L1 degradation (language atrophy).

My apologies to CO2.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2742 on: November 25, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »
Never really understood the types of people who think having kids is an absolute necessity of life. Some people want kids, some don't. How is that difficult to understand?
Yeah, that is one of my pet peeves. I'm like... 65-70% on the not-wanting-kids spectrum. It may change, it may not, but leave me be!

I'm in the same boat, but probably more in the 80% spectrum of not wanting kids. If I ever get a wife, it'll probably come down to if she wants them or not.

Offline Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2743 on: November 25, 2016, 08:25:40 AM »
Never really understood the types of people who think having kids is an absolute necessity of life. Some people want kids, some don't. How is that difficult to understand?

So much so that you're being "selfish" for not having kids.

Never understood the logic of that one.

Yeah, I've gotten that before from a couple of different people on different occasions. Whenever I get told that, I just reply something along the lines of, "If that's how you define 'selfish,' then okay."

My Mum used to tell me that I was being selfish for not wanting to have children. I told her it is more selfish to have children, as the parents don't usually consider weither or not the child will want to be born or not. Having a child generally comes down to weither the parents want a baby or not. So having children can also be considered selfish, but it is necessary to keep the human race going. :P

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2744 on: November 25, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
I was sitting here just chilling at my desk working on next weeks materials when my CT runs in (late) and screams my name.

She then lectures me about; a) how I'm using the same topic for camp again b) it's too hard.

I explain that
a) It's the same name but different topic. I'll change the name.
b) Me: Yo, CT from last year remember the topic we did.
CT: Yeah, it was awesome the kids loved it.

Old lady goes into histrionics mindlessly repeating that's it's the same and too hard. Young fluent English capable CT steps in and repeats what I've said three times now. Still doesn't get it.

Tells me to do another topic from two years ago. I say no as my grade 5's and 6's will then be doing the same topic.

This topic was also actually too difficult for the kids at the time. I did it because the contract teacher at the time shared the workload and so it was in her half of the camp. I don't have the camp book or materials for that lesson as my first year materials were lost and have gone to dead hard drive heaven.

More histrionics.

Her: We should talk about this later.
Me: (thinking) Wtf, I was sitting here sipping coffee and moving pictures around on ppt. On time. You started this.

She leaves. My other CT gives me the knowing, 'you poor bastard' smile and walks to class. Now, I'm alone with no classes and a big cup of coffee.

I have found my solution. It shalt no longer be known as the detective camp but the 'mystery' camp. A camp which shares neither material nor namesakes with any previous camp.

Edited: For my horrendous phone grammar.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:26:39 AM by Loki88 »

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2745 on: November 25, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
No heat in the English classroom. It's -3 outside and not much warmer in here. I typically like the cold weather, but this is a little much.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2746 on: November 25, 2016, 09:09:47 AM »
No heat in the English classroom. It's -3 outside and not much warmer in here. I typically like the cold weather, but this is a little much.
Same here. During our Golden Bell competition I could see the kids all shivering, and one girl's chin was quivering so much I'm surprised I couldn't hear her teeth chattering. I understand needing to save money, but when the kids are so cold they can't concentrate something needs to change.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2747 on: November 25, 2016, 09:15:23 AM »
I was sitting here just chilling at my desk working on next weeks materials when my CT runs in (late) and screams my name.

She then lectures me about a) how I'm using the same topic for camp again b) it's too hard.

I explain that
a) same name, different topic. I'll change the name.
b) Me: yo CT from last year member the topic we did.

Old lady goes into histrionics mindlessly repeating that's it's the same and too hard. Young fluent English capable CT steps in and repeats what I've said three times now. Still doesn't get it.

Tells me to do another topic from two years ago, I say no as my grade 5s and 6s will then be doing the same topic.

This topic was also actually too difficult for the kids at the time. I did it because the contract teacher at the time shared workload and so it was her half of the camp. I don't have the camp book or materials for that lesson.

More histrionics.

Me: (thinking) Wtf, I was sitting here sipping coffee and moving pictures around on ppt. On time. You started this.

She leaves. Other CT gives me the knowing, 'you poor bastard' smile and walks to class. Now, I'm alone with no classes and a big cup of coffee.

I have found my solution. It shalt no longer be known as the detective camp but the 'mystery' camp. A camp which shares neither material nor namesakes with any previous camps.

I sometimes wonder if it's as impossible is people say to smuggle methamphetamine into South Korea.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2748 on: November 25, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »
Sometimes before class starts my ct decides to scream at the class for 5+ minutes.  It's kinda awkward for me having no idea what's going on...  I just look around and get amused by the kids trying to hide their laughter.  It's annoying because it really kills the mood before my lesson starts and makes the kids all sad and quiet because they want to avoid being screeched at.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2749 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »

She then lectures me about a) how I'm using the same topic for camp again b) it's too hard.

I explain that
a) same name, different topic. I'll change the name.
b) Me: yo CT from last year member the topic we did.

Tells me to do another topic from two years ago, I say no as my grade 5s and 6s will then be doing the same topic.

This topic was also actually too difficult for the kids at the time. I did it because the contract teacher at the time shared workload and so it was her half of the camp. I don't have the camp book or materials for that lesson.

More histrionics.

She leaves. Other CT gives me the knowing, 'you poor bastard' smile and walks to class. Now, I'm alone with no classes and a big cup of coffee.

I have found my solution. It shalt no longer be known as the detective camp but the 'mystery' camp. A camp which shares neither material nor namesakes with any previous camps.

I sometimes wonder if it's as impossible is people say to smuggle methamphetamine into South Korea.

Lol, nah. This is just old person senile crazy. That's one of the reasons I find it more amusing than frustrating. She reminds me of my grandmother. The difference being my grandmother is now in her 90s...

Also, I now have nothing to do.
Lessons are planned until I leave.
Next weeks materials are all prepared, printed, cut out and organized in a nice little pile.

So, the day when I have no classes and time dig in and work on my camp materials will now be wasted....until we have a meeting. And she is sending me random lesson plans and materials. She's convinced she sent me the camp book from two years ago when it is just the one from last year...

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2750 on: November 25, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »
Why would you when South Korea is a meth exporter? Pretty easy to grow your own, which is why it's been a dirtly little secret problem here for so long.  :undecided:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2751 on: November 25, 2016, 10:36:12 AM »
Why would you when South Korea is a meth exporter? Pretty easy to grow your own, which is why it's been a dirtly little secret problem here for so long.  :undecided:

Grow your own meth?? Were you home schooled?

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2752 on: November 25, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »
Why would you when South Korea is a meth exporter? Pretty easy to grow your own, which is why it's been a dirtly little secret problem here for so long. :undecided:
No. People don't even trust me enough to sell me baking goods, much less industrial chemicals.  :sad:

Still, if you want to spot a cooker, look for people who dabble in making home brewed beer and liquors. I hear that that shady demographic often go on to make more... potent things.  :huh:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2753 on: November 25, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »
Why would you when South Korea is a meth exporter? Pretty easy to grow your own, which is why it's been a dirtly little secret problem here for so long. :undecided:
No. People don't even trust me enough to sell me baking goods, much less industrial chemicals.  :sad:

Still, if you want to spot a cooker, look for people who dabble in making home brewed beer and liquors. I hear that that shady demographic often go on to make more... potent things.  :huh:

On Waygook it's just innocuous CO2. At home it's all C10H15N :evil:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #2754 on: November 25, 2016, 11:48:43 AM »

On Waygook it's just innocuous CO2. At home it's all C10H15N :evil:

My girlfriend is so cute. She tried to sound threatening to me one time and she wanted to sound like Walter. So she said, and I quote.

"I am the person who knocks on the door!"

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2755 on: November 25, 2016, 12:51:51 PM »

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2756 on: November 25, 2016, 01:07:23 PM »

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2757 on: November 25, 2016, 01:35:30 PM »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2758 on: November 25, 2016, 02:38:29 PM »
During the day, everyone is pretty good about keeping the office door CLOSED to keep the heat in. After the kids get out of school though, it's a free-for-all and is frequently left open, made worse by the fact that they turn off the heat in our office after the kids get out (whyyyy)

I'm so cold and almost everyone is at a "business meeting" I want to go home /whine

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #2759 on: November 25, 2016, 02:53:02 PM »
Hold on, Moonbrie.  This isn't done yet~  :afro: