December 18, 2017, 04:54:50 PM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 603566 times)

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #2700 on: November 24, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »
I don't want kids because I quite like money, sleep and free time.

Maybe that can be seen as selfish  :laugh:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2701 on: November 24, 2016, 10:27:35 AM »
Never really understood the types of people who think having kids is an absolute necessity of life. Some people want kids, some don't. How is that difficult to understand?
The best conversation is:
I thought you didn't want kids.
I don't.
But you're teaching kids.
That's reinforcing my desire to not have kids.
I think you really want kids because you're a teacher.
No.
Don't worry, you'll realize you want them soon.
No. Never. I'm getting paid to deal with kids all day, not pay to have them.
You'll see soon that you want them :)
NO!  >:(

Offline waygookkorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2702 on: November 24, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »
Never really understood the types of people who think having kids is an absolute necessity of life. Some people want kids, some don't. How is that difficult to understand?
I don't.
No.

Just from reading this I get the feeling you will for sure have kids... you just have that vibe 

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2703 on: November 24, 2016, 10:53:45 AM »
There are some smug, pretentious posters on here.

Well, maybe only one.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2704 on: November 24, 2016, 10:57:35 AM »
I don't.
No.

Teaching kids has definitely lessened my desire to have them. I have a friend who is a preschool teacher who loves children but emphatically does not want kids. She gets the same crap.

I do feel the instinctual urge to have children, but the money, the time, the physical risk of pregnancy, the risk of losing one's job (as a woman)... nope. I'm thinking I'd like to foster when I return to the US.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2705 on: November 24, 2016, 11:08:21 AM »
I've been told to teach one of my low level second grade classes alone today because another teacher is on a "business trip"

I guess we'll see how this goes...

Offline goseumdochi

• Adventurer
« Reply #2706 on: November 24, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »
I don't.
No.

Teaching kids has definitely lessened my desire to have them. I have a friend who is a preschool teacher who loves children but emphatically does not want kids. She gets the same crap.

I do feel the instinctual urge to have children, but the money, the time, the physical risk of pregnancy, the risk of losing one's job (as a woman)... nope. I'm thinking I'd like to foster when I return to the US.

I am very childfree but i think kids are fine. I like hanging out with them a few hours a day and going home to do what i want. Going to marry a childfree guy. We have similar perspectives about it. When we tell people we dont want kids, we are always met with smug comments "oh you'll change your minds" or "accidents happen". These comments feel really creepy to me.

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #2707 on: November 24, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »

Because the human race will die out!  :rolleyes:

I know a guy here who believes the world is going to end in 12 months time.

Some people are morons.
This planet could benefit from 6 billion less mouth-breathers for sure.

Overpopulation is one, if not, the biggest problem humanity has to address.

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #2708 on: November 24, 2016, 11:43:59 AM »

Some people are morons.

As much as overpopulation may or may not be a problem, I think over-consumption is a bigger problem.

I think it's easy to say overpopulation, which seems to be like condemnation of poorer countries, far from here.

I think us in the wealthy world should shoulder much more blame, as we are much harder on the planet. I'm sure as hell my consumption is far higher than the average impoverished, seven member family.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #2709 on: November 24, 2016, 11:44:49 AM »

Some people are morons.

The world's population is in the middle of a huge shift with ever decreasing numbers of people in the developed west having kids and increasing numbers in the developing world. This shift in demographics will probably cause more problems than a general increase in numbers.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2710 on: November 24, 2016, 11:49:11 AM »

Some people are morons.

As much as overpopulation may or may not be a problem, I think over-consumption is a bigger problem.

I think it's easy to say overpopulation, which seems to be like condemnation of poorer countries, far from here.

I think us in the wealthy world should shoulder much more blame, as we are much harder on the planet. I'm sure as hell my consumption is far higher than the average impoverished, seven member family.

This is accurate.

Also, I wonder what metric people use to determine overpopulation. If you consider the needs of space, food, water and air the planet is actually significantly under it's carrying capacity.

We could fit the entire human population into a mega-city about the size of Texas.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2711 on: November 24, 2016, 11:53:43 AM »
I feel like having a kid is a luxury I'll never be able to afford, financially.

This as well. And then there are people like Ocotomom...

I've just never personally felt inclined toward having children. I like my nieces/nephews but I've never been interested in child-rearing. If I could have a kid that was already potty trained and older I might not mind so much but the desire to have children is absent. It's really condescending for others to think they know me better than I do as if not wanting children is just an invalid opinion.

The last frame. Lol

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2712 on: November 24, 2016, 12:08:41 PM »
I've just never personally felt inclined toward having children. I like my nieces/nephews but I've never been interested in child-rearing. If I could have a kid that was already potty trained and older I might not mind so much but the desire to have children is absent. It's really condescending for others to think they know me better than I do as if not wanting children is just an invalid opinion.
I'm basically in the same spot. The idea of having kids actually terrifies me, so if I could just get a kid after that point, around 2 or 3 that would be perfect.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2713 on: November 24, 2016, 12:13:43 PM »
I don't mind having kids, but it's not a make or break thing for me. If I meet a guy and he doesn't want to have kids, I wouldn't have any problems with it. Same if it were the other way around.

I really don't care one way or the other as long as my spouse and I are eye-to-eye on expectations and planning. But yeah, I'd dig my heels in if people were telling me I had to. Exactly why is it an obligation? idgi

Online HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #2714 on: November 24, 2016, 12:21:16 PM »
I really want a kid, because without one, my family name and line will die out after I die, which is kind of a dumb thing to be concerned about, but, yeah. I can't afford one, and don't think I'll ever be rich enough to afford a kid.
I don't see where this is coming from.  Yes, it might be difficult to raise a child on a low income but it is still possible.  Ask all the single parents out there with low paying jobs.  They make it work.  There are so many things which people just don't need to raise a child but they buy it because either everyone else is doing it or because they've been told they need it when they really don't.  Raising a child doesn't have to be as expensive as everyone makes it out to be.  However, you do have to sacrifice a lot more than if you are raking in the big bucks. 
Maybe that's it? 

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #2715 on: November 24, 2016, 12:24:44 PM »

So much so that you're being "selfish" for not having kids.

Never understood the logic of that one.

Yeah, I've gotten that before from a couple of different people on different occasions. Whenever I get told that, I just reply something along the lines of, "If that's how you define 'selfish,' then okay."

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2716 on: November 24, 2016, 12:40:29 PM »

So much so that you're being "selfish" for not having kids.

Never understood the logic of that one.

Yeah, I've gotten that before from a couple of different people on different occasions. Whenever I get told that, I just reply something along the lines of, "If that's how you define 'selfish,' then okay."

Same here, but I always followed up with, "It's selfish to have kids just to have them."

I came across this a couple of days ago, found it funny that this subject is such a pain-in-the-ass that people have to write whole articles and draw pictures about it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 12:43:04 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2717 on: November 24, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
I really want a kid, because without one, my family name and line will die out after I die, which is kind of a dumb thing to be concerned about, but, yeah. I can't afford one, and don't think I'll ever be rich enough to afford a kid.
I don't see where this is coming from.  Yes, it might be difficult to raise a child on a low income but it is still possible.  Ask all the single parents out there with low paying jobs.  They make it work.  There are so many things which people just don't need to raise a child but they buy it because either everyone else is doing it or because they've been told they need it when they really don't.  Raising a child doesn't have to be as expensive as everyone makes it out to be.  However, you do have to sacrifice a lot more than if you are raking in the big bucks. 
Maybe that's it?
As the youngest kid from a single parent home, let me just say that there is a difference between being able to afford a kid, and being able to get by. Being able to afford a kid means you provide them with food, shelter, clothing, shoes, and love, as soon as and every single time that they need it. It's really easy to find that that is not possible on every salary.

Offline defenderoftherealm

• Super Waygook
  • Unleash the gangster.
« Reply #2718 on: November 24, 2016, 12:52:54 PM »

I don't want to raise kids and I feel I am too broke to have kids too.  I don't care about my last name but I really want my genes in the human gene pool.  It is the only true way we can leave an everlasting impact on this planet.

Edit: Additionally, if anyone ever needs a man juice donor send me a message.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:01:24 PM by kevinvrich »

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2719 on: November 24, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »
#basedcowboyshirt

delicious

Chinguetti

delicious

#basedcowboyshirt

delicious

#basedcowboyshirt