November 19, 2018, 01:07:29 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1168722 times)

donovan

Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #1860 on: October 24, 2016, 08:20:44 AM »
The same guy who wrote the Sneetches? :cry:

(Re: Green pork. I thought porphryn might have something to do with it^^;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:23:00 AM by donovan »

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #1861 on: October 24, 2016, 08:25:40 AM »
Yet another childhood ruined by cold, uncaring reality.
I love my job!  :azn:

donovan

« Reply #1862 on: October 24, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
Yet another childhood ruined by cold, uncaring reality.
I love my job!  :azn:

A good start to the week, but I'm afraid I get the last laugh here. My childhood was ruined long ago~

donovan

« Reply #1863 on: October 24, 2016, 08:56:22 AM »
The prostitution thread was killed off just as we were starting to get somewhere. :sad:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1864 on: October 24, 2016, 09:00:19 AM »
The prostitution thread was killed off just as we were starting to get somewhere. :sad:

And yet the same two people arguing race has continued for weeks.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1865 on: October 24, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »
Related to the piercing/tattoo thread. What is it with people? Why do you need to mutilate yourself? Is your life that boring and lacking in excitement that you need a tattoo or piercing to jazz it up? Instead of letting a tatt or piercing speak for your personality, why don't you let your personality speak for your personality? Not to mention, are you going to have that stuff going on into your 70s? Think long-term. Workplaces are right to be skeptical about hiring such people when it comes to certain fields. It demonstrates poor emotional control and rational decision making. If you're an artist or something like that, maybe not so much because in such cases more impulsive and outside the box thinking can be a plus. There's nothing sadder than a grown adult who is still passive-aggressively rebelling against their parents into their late 20s.

Although I do understand tattoos if they're about time in prison/a gang/the military/someone close to you dying, that sort of thing.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1866 on: October 24, 2016, 09:27:56 AM »
Related to the piercing/tattoo thread. What is it with people? Why do you need to mutilate yourself? Is your life that boring and lacking in excitement that you need a tattoo or piercing to jazz it up? Instead of letting a tatt or piercing speak for your personality, why don't you let your personality speak for your personality? Not to mention, are you going to have that stuff going on into your 70s? Think long-term. Workplaces are right to be skeptical about hiring such people when it comes to certain fields. It demonstrates poor emotional control and rational decision making. If you're an artist or something like that, maybe not so much because in such cases more impulsive and outside the box thinking can be a plus. There's nothing sadder than a grown adult who is still passive-aggressively rebelling against their parents into their late 20s.

Although I do understand tattoos if they're about time in prison/a gang/the military/someone close to you dying, that sort of thing.

So either someone needs to die or I need to go to jail to justify getting a tattoo?

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1867 on: October 24, 2016, 09:30:02 AM »

So either someone needs to die or I need to go to jail to justify getting a tattoo?

I'm not rebelling against my tattooed, pierced, working professional parents...

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1868 on: October 24, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »

I'm not rebelling against my tattooed, pierced, working professional parents...

Seriously... also, I'm very open with my parents. I don't do spontaneous piercings just because so many things could go wrong if you go to the wrong place, but I also don't hide them from my parents or do it as a form of rebellion. :rolleyes:

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #1869 on: October 24, 2016, 09:39:05 AM »

Piercings last only as long as you have them in. I had multiple piercings in my teens and early 20s that you wouldnt know about now.
As for tattoos, you best get used to it. Something like 50% of people born after 1980 have at least 1 tattoo. It's the new normal. You sound like you havent had much contact with youth culture outside Korea in a long time. Even here they are becoming common.

Edit - i should add it isnt even youth culture. Its just culture. Does dyed hair also hurt your feelings? I heard thats pretty common thesedays.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:41:21 AM by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1870 on: October 24, 2016, 09:39:57 AM »
It's persimmon season...

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1871 on: October 24, 2016, 09:53:56 AM »
It's persimmon season...
I had never had a persimmon before coming to Korea and I didn't know what they were. A few months into my first year, Emart had a sale of the soft ones, but they were wrapped in the package upside down. I hadn't bought any tomatoes since coming because they seemed so expensive from what I was used to so I bought these, thinking that they were tomatoes. I got them home and started cutting them up to cook with, and even though I thought they seemed really weird, I kept on and made a savory pasta sauce with them. I never got over that and I don't like persimmons now...

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1872 on: October 24, 2016, 09:57:08 AM »

kids these days, eh?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1873 on: October 24, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »

Or join a gang. Or your kid or something. Or your religion. You know, a real reason. Not, I'm bored and I want to get some design on my body of something that will be meaningless in 20 years. I just don't see the purpose. Desperate attempt to stand out and scream to the world that you have some sort of individuality.

Heck, I even sort of understand the tattoo that was done while drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time. We've all made crappy decisions while drunk. One of my friends got the inside of his gums tattooed while he was totally wasted and on drugs. I respect that. It's a story at least and has some kind of meaning. But some person who is like "I want to get a tattoo" and actually spends days considering one to get and settles on whatever design they get? Come on, go out and live life and do something that actually is meaningful enough to get a permanent place on your body.

As for the piercings, those are just targets in a fight for someone to rip off. I mean, I've seen some okay ones, like the little nose dot or whatever. Really subtle, looks kinda like a beauty mark or something. I can see it. Septums and eyebrows and nose rings? Seriously, what is going on in your life that you want and need to do that? Go spend an hour figuring out why it is you want to do that and that would be a better use of time and would save you a few bucks.

I mean ask yourself why, really why, you want to get a bunch of tattoos and piercings. 

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1874 on: October 24, 2016, 10:55:55 AM »
Lol more respect for a decision someone made while wasted on and drugs than for someone who spent time actually thinking about a mostly permanent decision. Okay.

Offline coxy15

• Waygookin
« Reply #1875 on: October 24, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »
I never wanted a tattoo but after reading Mr DeMartino's anger at people getting tattoo's im tempted to get one myself. It's incredible how much some people can get affected by other people's life choices

If someone wants a tattoo, what effect does it have on anybody else but them? There's real stuff to waste your anger on, live and let live.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1876 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:10 AM »

You're really showing your age here

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1877 on: October 24, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »
I thought about giving a thoughtful answer as to why many people get tattoos but I'm sure some old fart will find a reason why it's frivolous sooo...

Ask yourself why, really why, you care so much about what other people do with their own bodies

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1878 on: October 24, 2016, 11:41:30 AM »
I personally like tattoos. I've never really met anyone who didn't have a story behind a tattoo. Even ones that might look random have meaning. I don't have any tattoos but I want to get one, I'm still cautious on where to get it so it wouldn't interfere with a potential job tho.

My issue is with people who don't go to a good tattoo artist and just get bad looking tattoos. Like where they don't get a good artist to do it, or there are spelling mistakes. But in that case I'm more like "why didn't you look around for a good tattoo artist?".

Offline atemporaryaccount

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1879 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:21 AM »

Or join a gang. Or your kid or something. Or your religion. You know, a real reason. Not, I'm bored and I want to get some design on my body of something that will be meaningless in 20 years. I just don't see the purpose. Desperate attempt to stand out and scream to the world that you have some sort of individuality.

Heck, I even sort of understand the tattoo that was done while drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time. We've all made crappy decisions while drunk. One of my friends got the inside of his gums tattooed while he was totally wasted and on drugs. I respect that. It's a story at least and has some kind of meaning. But some person who is like "I want to get a tattoo" and actually spends days considering one to get and settles on whatever design they get? Come on, go out and live life and do something that actually is meaningful enough to get a permanent place on your body.

As for the piercings, those are just targets in a fight for someone to rip off. I mean, I've seen some okay ones, like the little nose dot or whatever. Really subtle, looks kinda like a beauty mark or something. I can see it. Septums and eyebrows and nose rings? Seriously, what is going on in your life that you want and need to do that? Go spend an hour figuring out why it is you want to do that and that would be a better use of time and would save you a few bucks.

I mean ask yourself why, really why, you want to get a bunch of tattoos and piercings.

Sometimes getting a tattoo or piercing is an act of reclaiming, celebrating, feeling comfortable with one's body. Maybe it's therapy. Maybe someone with anxiety wants to be brave and do something permanent. Your response to tattoos and piercings just shows your privilege, I'd argue. If you haven't had a complicated relationship with your own body, then of course you wouldn't understand getting tattoos or piercings.

Obviously some people do get dumb tattoos. I don't see how you can accurately judge which are dumb and which are meaningful, though.