December 14, 2018, 11:44:42 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1220225 times)

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #7540 on: March 30, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
i must have accidentally left a fan on low setting after i left the classroom last night.

there was just a 4 teacher meeting with the principal and the korean teacher who i teach with in my after school program to find out what happened. now i am, apparently, in "big trouble". err sorry guys, i'll pay the 50won electricity fee if that's what the problem is  :rolleyes:

You left a fan on at night?

You could've killed someone!

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7541 on: March 30, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
He couldn't help it, you guys, he was drunk.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #7542 on: March 30, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
i must have accidentally left a fan on low setting after i left the classroom last night.

there was just a 4 teacher meeting with the principal and the korean teacher who i teach with in my after school program to find out what happened. now i am, apparently, in "big trouble". err sorry guys, i'll pay the 50won electricity fee if that's what the problem is  :rolleyes:

At my old shcool in Gwangmyeong, I left my computer on when I left. Co-T kakaoed me,

:-* Kevin, you left your computer on.

:police: Oh, sorry...................... So, what now?

:-* Oh, I turned it off. Just remember to turn it off in the future. Bye.

Sooooo..................... this couldn't wait until the next morning when we all came in to work again? hahaha I admit I should have turned it off, fair play, but this is the farthest thing from texting someone outside work hours. 
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7543 on: March 30, 2018, 01:36:00 PM »
Sooooo..................... this couldn't wait until the next morning when we all came in to work again? hahaha I admit I should have turned it off, fair play, but this is the farthest thing from texting someone outside work hours.

You never get a drunk text from a coT or boss?

Because I have. Not sure if it makes a difference, but all of them were men, too. xD

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7544 on: March 30, 2018, 01:45:41 PM »

haha. that's true

to me this whole non-incident is totally korean

if this happened in england it would go

"you left the fan on last night btw"
"ah. sorry. didn't know"
"it's ok"

or, even more likely, it wouldn't have even come up.

a few days ago i was "scolded" for not "tidying up" the classroom at the end of the day. turns out, there was a single pencil on the floor. this was a big deal for the teacher who used the classroom the next morning. who the hell cares? do these people have nothing more important to get bothered by?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:56:04 PM by oglop »

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7545 on: March 30, 2018, 02:18:55 PM »
do these people have nothing more important to get bothered by?

Nailed it.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7546 on: March 30, 2018, 02:41:49 PM »
Have you ever told someone to pick their litter up before?

I told a guy who threw his cigarette packet on the ground to pick it up and he basically said '**** off'.  :laugh:

Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7547 on: March 30, 2018, 02:43:43 PM »
Also held the door open for a early 30s looking woman yday in Olive Young and she basically scowled at me for having the audacity to do such a thing so I said out loud in English 'you're welcome'. Not sure why these things bother me so much, who knows.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #7548 on: March 30, 2018, 02:47:16 PM »
Yeah Korean door etiquette is f*cking shocking, slam the doors on the people behind for no apparent reason. How hard is it to hold it open as you walk through?  :undecided: Definitely with you on this one Fritz
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7549 on: March 30, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
Also held the door open for a early 30s looking woman yday in Olive Young and she basically scowled at me for having the audacity to do such a thing so I said out loud in English 'you're welcome'. Not sure why these things bother me so much, who knows.

She was probably actually early 20's, and resented that you were treating her as an elder.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #7550 on: March 30, 2018, 05:11:06 PM »
Oh my god.

Why would you pull out a tub of gochujang, call my attention, open it and then tip it out in the middle of class.

WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE A TUB OF GOCHUJANG IN THE FIRST PLACE???  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7551 on: March 30, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »
First afterschool class of the semester today.  I take my pc, but there is already a computer in the room.  I tell students to wait while I go get my usb and return my pc to the teachers' room. 

I return.  The pc does not work.  A teacher comes to tell me that it doesn't work in that room.  She finds me another room for the class.

I don't know if the teacher who assigned me to the first room knew about the computer not working. I can get things straightened out on Monday.

As long as I've been here, things like this shouldn't bother me.  But they still do.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7552 on: March 30, 2018, 05:38:56 PM »
Yeah Korean door etiquette is f*cking shocking, slam the doors on the people behind for no apparent reason. How hard is it to hold it open as you walk through?  :undecided: Definitely with you on this one Fritz

Koreans havenít yet reached that evolutionary stage.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7553 on: March 30, 2018, 05:43:11 PM »
haha. that's true

"you left the fan on last night btw, dickhead"
"ah. sorry. didn't know, you ballbag"
"it's ok, fookwit"

a few days ago i was "scolded" for not "tidying up" the classroom at the end of the day. turns out, there was a single pencil on the floor. this was a big deal for the teacher who used the classroom the next morning. who the hell cares? do these people have nothing more important to get bothered by?

Fixed it for authenticity.

It's a completely Korean non-event.  If you spend enough time with Koreans, you realise that it is exactly how they speak to each other about the smallest non-events.  To me, it is really abrasive and I'd never imagine picking up someone on something like that, but then again that's the culture.   A couple of Christmases ago, on Christmas Eve in my sister's house, someone left a gap in the snake house.  So it escaped into the living room.  After fifteen minutes we found it, without anyone being bollocked.  Could you imagine how that would go down in a Korean house?
it's true. i was trying to explain cultural stuff like this to a friend from the uk. he finally came to visit and before he left he did say "yeah...i get it now".

anyway, i figured it out. i met/was confronted by the woman who complained at the end of the day, turns out she's just an utter bitch. she was complaining again, this time that a single chair wasn't tucked in 1cm more, about non-existent dust on the floor, accusing me of changing the layout of the classroom (i didn't), yadda yadda.

well, i will out-petty her this year. being petty is what i do best ;)

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7554 on: March 30, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »

Create a log out of this for us to enjoy. You might be able to make a book out of it someday.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7555 on: April 02, 2018, 07:51:52 AM »
It's that time of year again.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7556 on: April 02, 2018, 08:01:06 AM »

haha. that's true

"you left the fan on last night btw"
"ah. sorry. didn't know"
"it's ok"

or, even more likely, it wouldn't have even come up.

Damn, that's crazy. Whenever I try to clean the classroom after my class. I always just get told: "Oh, you don't have to worry about that."

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7557 on: April 02, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »
haha. that's true

"you left the fan on last night btw, dickhead"
"ah. sorry. didn't know, you ballbag"
"it's ok, fookwit"

Fixed it for authenticity.

It's a completely Korean non-event.  If you spend enough time with Koreans, you realise that it is exactly how they speak to each other about the smallest non-events.  To me, it is really abrasive and I'd never imagine picking up someone on something like that, but then again that's the culture.   A couple of Christmases ago, on Christmas Eve in my sister's house, someone left a gap in the snake house.  So it escaped into the living room.  After fifteen minutes we found it, without anyone being bollocked.  Could you imagine how that would go down in a Korean house?
it's true. i was trying to explain cultural stuff like this to a friend from the uk. he finally came to visit and before he left he did say "yeah...i get it now".

anyway, i figured it out. i met/was confronted by the woman who complained at the end of the day, turns out she's just an utter bitch. she was complaining again, this time that a single chair wasn't tucked in 1cm more, about non-existent dust on the floor, accusing me of changing the layout of the classroom (i didn't), yadda yadda.

Go to Daiso. Buy a fake spider. Leave it on her chair.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7558 on: April 02, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
she's some admin woman, not even a teacher who teaches in the same class. so i really don't get what her beef is. just a classic jobsworth

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #7559 on: April 02, 2018, 10:26:21 AM »
I think I'd end up leaving a pencil in different places around the classroom. Stick a smiley face on it, too.