August 20, 2018, 05:01:42 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1060025 times)

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #4080 on: March 08, 2017, 10:26:24 AM »
Admin office is claiming I need to get a health checkup again and that it's compulsory every other year.

I already took one last year.  Unless I get an official letter from NHIS again, they can forget it.
I got one too but they asked me for extra stuff...like a breast cancer exam...what does that have to do with teaching? I stuffed the paper away in my desk.

My coT was saying something about how they're "very interested in health." Really.  They seem doubly interested in the foreigner's health than in their own citizens.

I think I'll take a cue from you and just lose the paper if another gets sent.

It is in insurance companies who want this.

Things caught early are less costly for them.

Nothing nefarious going on.

Right, I got the NHIC letter letting me know I can go to the doctors anytime this year for a stomach cancer scan.  Seems for some target age groups they are trying to catch things early.  The breast cancer scan thing is interesting as there is a lower incidence for Korean women living in Korea than if they were to move to Canada where their chances of getting breast cancer increases. 

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4081 on: March 08, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
So today is international women's day apparently, just got a message from the POE saying how today the male employees are honoring the female employees with bunches of flowers.

I mean, that's nice, it's nice to get flowers but it just seems so not the point.  :blank:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #4082 on: March 08, 2017, 11:42:02 AM »
If a group needs a made up Hallmark-holiday to get attention, their cause isn't worth paying attention to.

If I'm not missing work or getting free crap because of it, I don't care.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4083 on: March 08, 2017, 11:49:18 AM »
If a group needs a made up Hallmark-holiday to get attention, their cause isn't worth paying attention to.

I bet you're one of those "why isn't there a white history month" folks, too.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4084 on: March 08, 2017, 11:51:54 AM »

That's a leap. And I'll bet you're one of those people who think if you're a straight, white male, anytime you open your mouth it's mansplaining, and that we ruin everything.

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4085 on: March 08, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »

That's a leap. And I'll bet you're one of those people who think if you're a straight, white male, anytime you open your mouth it's mansplaining, and that we ruin everything.

Here's a bucket for all of your fragile male tears.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #4086 on: March 08, 2017, 12:05:44 PM »
So today is international women's day apparently, just got a message from the POE saying how today the male employees are honoring the female employees with bunches of flowers.

I mean, that's nice, it's nice to get flowers but it just seems so not the point.  :blank:

Maybe all the female teachers should leave work an hour early just to highlight the 18% gender pay gap. Oh no but that wouldn't work would it because they all get paid exactly the same.  :rolleyes:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4087 on: March 08, 2017, 12:10:58 PM »

Ding ding ding! There it is!

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4088 on: March 08, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »
Admin office is claiming I need to get a health checkup again and that it's compulsory every other year.

I already took one last year.  Unless I get an official letter from NHIS again, they can forget it.
I got one too but they asked me for extra stuff...like a breast cancer exam...what does that have to do with teaching? I stuffed the paper away in my desk.

My coT was saying something about how they're "very interested in health." Really.  They seem doubly interested in the foreigner's health than in their own citizens.

Right, I got the NHIC letter letting me know I can go to the doctors anytime this year for a stomach cancer scan.  Seems for some target age groups they are trying to catch things early.  The breast cancer scan thing is interesting as there is a lower incidence for Korean women living in Korea than if they were to move to Canada where their chances of getting breast cancer increases.
How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Korea does seem to put a lot more stock in screening. Or at least from what I've seen.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4089 on: March 08, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »

How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Korea does seem to put a lot more stock in screening. Or at least from what I've seen.

Very very late thirties  :wink:

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4090 on: March 08, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »

Maybe all the female teachers should leave work an hour early just to highlight the 18% gender pay gap. Oh no but that wouldn't work would it because they all get paid exactly the same.  :rolleyes:

I didn't say I disagree or agree with Women's day but I just feel if they are going to have a Women's day they should at least try to understand the original intent.

If you change Women's to Men's and flowers to toolkit I'd feel exactly the same.

It just feels a bit cheap :/

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4091 on: March 08, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
...I'll bet you're one of those people who think if you're a straight, white male, anytime you open your mouth it's mansplaining, and that we ruin everything.
Buckets are so unrefined. I prefer one of these:smiley:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:31:06 PM by kyndo »

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4092 on: March 08, 2017, 02:06:16 PM »

So you were 10, 11 years old when you first became a vegetarian? That's exceptionally young. How did your parents react? Were they worried?

I have been vegetarian for nigh on 28 years

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4093 on: March 08, 2017, 02:12:45 PM »

So you were 10, 11 years old when you first became a vegetarian? That's exceptionally young. How did your parents react? Were they worried?

I have been vegetarian for nigh on 28 years

Yes, 28 years.  Actually, yonks ago in England it was ok to have slaughterhouses located near the town centres.  I remember shopping with my mum one day and hearing this kind of crying/screaming noise.  I asked my mum if it was a baby crying and she said it wasn't, it was a pig being killed.  That noise went right through me.  My parents are ace and were fine about it and as they've always taught me about nutrition I am a healthy vegetarian too.  Lucky I guess.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4094 on: March 08, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.   Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.
I still can't print anything. The IT guy came and "fixed" it but nothing changed. The VP always tells me that if I ever have any problems I should tell her, and I'm tempted. I think my coteacher would be angry that I went over her head though, so I guess I'll just keep begging her to call the IT guy again.

All 120 of the little first graders went outside and were each given a helium balloon which they released as a celebration of the beginning of school. I was shocked (though I really shouldn’t have been) because that’s no better than throwing a wrapper on the ground. I wonder how much it cost. I bet the money they wasted on littering would have gone a long way towards getting a decent printer.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 02:27:23 PM by flyingspider »

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4095 on: March 08, 2017, 03:37:20 PM »
This trash printer might have finally just died. That would be great if I weren't trying to print this movie ticket. Guess I'll try and print it at the cinema; hopefully I can figure it out.   Maybe the school will finally replace this ancient behemoth with one that will print without jamming every three pages.
I still can't print anything. The IT guy came and "fixed" it but nothing changed. The VP always tells me that if I ever have any problems I should tell her, and I'm tempted. I think my coteacher would be angry that I went over her head though, so I guess I'll just keep begging her to call the IT guy again.

All 120 of the little first graders went outside and were each given a helium balloon which they released as a celebration of the beginning of school. I was shocked (though I really shouldn’t have been) because that’s no better than throwing a wrapper on the ground. I wonder how much it cost. I bet the money they wasted on littering would have gone a long way towards getting a decent printer.

Not to mention helium is a finite resource and it's not exactly cheap.

~

I spent hours trying to figure out if I need to be filing taxes in the UK this year and all I've come up with is... maybe?

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4096 on: March 08, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
petition for mods to start forcing piggydee to type like a normal person

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #4097 on: March 08, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
Not to mention helium is a finite resource and it's not exactly cheap.
Good news for all you floaty balloon aficionados:
"Previously, terrestrial helium—a non-renewable resource, because once released into the atmosphere it readily escapes into space—was thought to be in increasingly short supply. However, recent studies suggest that helium produced deep in the earth by radioactive decay can collect in natural gas reserves in larger than expected quantities, in some cases having been released by volcanic activity."

What? Why? Does she type like this:huh:

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4098 on: March 09, 2017, 07:41:03 AM »
If you've been to Gozo which is part of Malta in the Mediterranean sea near Italy, you will probably have seen this famous arch.  It was in Game of Thrones, Clash of the Titans and other famous films.

But the ravages of Mother Nature have finally made it disappear into the sea.  As my dad lives on Gozo I've been here a lot and it is really nice.  Shame.  :sad:

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4099 on: March 09, 2017, 08:00:18 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: