October 17, 2018, 06:42:55 PM

Author Topic: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)  (Read 180562 times)

Offline Cmorgan

• Explorer
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #580 on: September 18, 2017, 10:26:35 AM »
I'm thinking about starting the program...if I were to start at the lowest level about how long would it take me to finish, assuming I passed all the tests on the first try? I want to get the needed points for the f2-7 visa.

Also since its now September, do I have to wait until next year to start classes? Should I just start studying now? And try to place in maybe level one instead of absolute beginner? Thanks!!

There is a test in Janurary that you can apply for now. I don't know if you are hoping for in-class or online classes, but for level 0 there are no online classes in my area. So I'm going to take the test and try for level 1. Here is hoping they have an online class.

Ok thanks!! Do you know when in January? And is there some sort of test rubric...like things I need to know to be in level 1?...I know how to read hangul and some words, but thats about it.

Offline Ariadne

• Adventurer
« Reply #581 on: November 01, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »
I hate this website!

Every time I try to search for classes, it just says 'no data matched.'

What am I doing wrong?

Online Seoulcutie

• Adventurer
« Reply #582 on: November 01, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »
I hate this website!

Every time I try to search for classes, it just says 'no data matched.'

What am I doing wrong?

It may not be time to register for classes. Unless you are going to take level 5, I think the last classes of the year are currently in progress.

Online ISHKABIBBLE

• Adventurer
« Reply #583 on: November 01, 2017, 02:27:14 PM »
I'm thinking about starting the program...if I were to start at the lowest level about how long would it take me to finish, assuming I passed all the tests on the first try? I want to get the needed points for the f2-7 visa.

Also since its now September, do I have to wait until next year to start classes? Should I just start studying now? And try to place in maybe level one instead of absolute beginner? Thanks!!

There is a test in Janurary that you can apply for now. I don't know if you are hoping for in-class or online classes, but for level 0 there are no online classes in my area. So I'm going to take the test and try for level 1. Here is hoping they have an online class.

Ok thanks!! Do you know when in January? And is there some sort of test rubric...like things I need to know to be in level 1?...I know how to read hangul and some words, but thats about it.

Right now it lists the date as January 13th.

That's all the information I have.
Use code CAM7141 get 5% off at iHerb.com

Offline Ariadne

• Adventurer
« Reply #584 on: November 02, 2017, 08:47:01 AM »
So we just register for the test, then wait until January?

Online ISHKABIBBLE

• Adventurer
« Reply #585 on: November 02, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
So we just register for the test, then wait until January?

Yep.
Pretty much.
Do what studying you can do in the mean time.
The test date and location may change.
So there is no point in looking at the details until much closer to January.
However, the test registration opened up Sept 4th, so I would suggest registering for the test as soon as possible.
Use code CAM7141 get 5% off at iHerb.com

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #586 on: December 27, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »
Does anyone know what date we can sign up for the next round of classes? I just passed level 4 and I will register for level 5 but I don't know when registration starts.

Offline jstrout

• Newgookin
« Reply #587 on: December 29, 2017, 01:51:59 PM »
I am in the same boat as you (going into Level 5 as well). As far as I can gather, first there will will the beginning of the year placement test for people who are entering into the program, which will be on January 13th, with the test results coming out on January 19th. After that happens, then the classes for all the levels will open, which should be on the 19th at midnight. (If you want to get the class that you want, I recommend to be awake at midnight to register for those classes fill up quick.) I have attached the document link that gives more information (It's in Korean). I hope this helps somewhat. If you still have doubts, I recommend to call 1345 and they will confirm everything :) Good luck! Hope to see you on the other side! 8)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p13jtGfLz1gnB8OmghfO4Kv38qaPbKHd/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:33:15 PM by jstrout »

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
« Reply #588 on: March 09, 2018, 01:03:24 PM »
Korea Immigration and Integration Program (KIIP) - 사회통합프로그램)
Free Korean courses for foreigners that can also help get you points toward an F-2 VISA or other VISAs later on!

Guide to 2018 Korea Immigration & Integration Program (KIIP)
https://youtu.be/uNZy_r1zSZU

KIIP - Level 3,4 & 5 - Vocabulary & Textbooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGdVOzwlMY...th7KnS-xGkBFGf0

KIIP - Level 5 - Practice Test Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEgCpUROBo...x0VPe7kUrXMU9pS

KIIP - Level 5 - Lesson 1-50 - Quiz Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd8vuZRD0M0...sY96vIqQH0cTzof

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
From what I understand, they changed the system, so there is no longer any option to automatically pass after failing a certain amount of times. This may only apply to KIIP level 5, but I was told that you must pass the exam, or retake your same level.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Also, the test is becoming more difficult I was told. Study like mad because if you fail and have to retake the class, the test will likely be tougher to pass the next time around. I studied all the time and barely passed for levels 4 and 5. Really challenging exams in my opinion. Study up on Korean cultural aspects for the speaking portion.

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
What I was trying to say is that I was told by my KIIP teacher that the third method you mentioned is being done away with. You can take the test repeatedly without retaking the class, but you need to pass the test to move up. Additionally, if you fail the test more than three times, you can't retake it at that level. You either need to step downwards or restart from the beginning.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
How about studying your *** off to succeed then? You'll feel better about yourself when you learn well (rather than just getting points for showing up).

Offline JahMoo

• Expert Waygook
Until recently (???), this was the only way to pass KIIP level 4 for people who are not good with the Korean langauge:

[1] Take KIIP 4 with 80% attendance.
[2] Take the midterm and fail it.
[3] Re-take KIIP 4 with 80% attendance for an automatic pass.
[4] Receive a material completion certificate.

I am now getting hearsay reports that this method is officially dead as of...last week.
First question. Is this true?
Second question (and a harder one?). Can someone provide an official link to the KIIP website that confirms this?

If this is all true, then this is a disaster for people who want at least a naturalization certificate for materially completing (but not passing) levels 4 and 5.
I can't provide a link because I heard it directly from my KIIP teacher. If I could provide such a link, you'd most likely need to be at level 4 to understand it seeing as the entire KIIP website is in Korean. But there's probably nothing that says they are removing that method, it's more likely that the "material completion" method is just absent from the website now. ]
But it makes no sense to say this was the only way for someone who's not good at Korean to naturalize. We're all not good at Korean, and then we take the classes and improve and eventually become good at it. You really make it sound as if it's okay to approach this class with no intention of actually trying. That's probably why they got rid of that other method, to weed out the people who weren't really trying and were effectively wasting their resources (as the class is free).

Offline PaulineMacLeod

• Waygookin
Well, at the beginning of this course, we all agreed to a statement on the socinet website. According to that statement, we would all try our best. Thus, I apologize for sounding like someone could just waltz in, be a blob, and then slowly but surely go from Level 1 to Level 5.

I already knew that only people who passed the Level 5 exam would be waived from the interview requirement that is a part of the permanent residency and citizenship processes.

I like my Canadian citizenship, and I will not give it up. But I was kind of hoping for that "naturalization diploma" that was granted for materially passing Level 5. It's the closest that I'll ever come to citizenship in Korea, even if the diploma is perhaps more symbolic than anything else. It's a crying shame that the program has done away with this "consolation prize" for the people who will find it hard to pass the level exams.

I like learning Korean, but only at my own pace, and I learn very, very, very slowly. My vocabulary is about 1,000 words, and I have gotten so used to my low intermediate grammar forms that it's hard for me to rise above them. I am definitely sure that my Korean has, as the linguistic majors would say, "fossilized" (referring to the process in which the learner mysteriously remains set in primitive or lower-level language structures and can never rise above those structures).

Offline cescudero95

• Veteran
WOOHOOO!!! Just received notice I passed Level 5! 

What's the next step?  Anyone recently get their first F-2?