August 16, 2018, 11:27:58 PM

Author Topic: Free Tommy Robinson. Stop facism.  (Read 3485 times)

Online gogators!

• The Legend
Re: Free Tommy Robinson. Stop facism.
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »
This part isn't funny:
Tommy Robinson supporters were pictured performing Nazi salutes at protests calling for the far-right criminal to be released from prison.

I'd say it's tom the ex-con and his buds who are the fascists.

Apparently they were winding up some antifa twats. If all it takes is a Nazi salute, then I guess Father Ted, half the cast of 'Allo Allo' ,Count Dankula's dog and all those vaguely associated with them, are also fascists.
Apparently, you'll excuse most anything tom the ex-con and his supporters get up to. Like attacking counter-protesters and police.

I wonder how many supporting tom also supported the police who arrested the girl at the beach.

Fascism seems to be the meal du jour for many.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »
This part isn't funny:
Tommy Robinson supporters were pictured performing Nazi salutes at protests calling for the far-right criminal to be released from prison.

Apparently they were winding up some antifa twats. If all it takes is a Nazi salute, then I guess Father Ted, half the cast of 'Allo Allo' ,Count Dankula's dog and all those vaguely associated with them, are also fascists.
Apparently, you'll excuse most anything tom the ex-con and his supporters get up to. Like attacking counter-protesters and police.

I wonder how many supporting tom also supported the police who arrested the girl at the beach.

Stop creating false equivalences. No one is protesting at the way Tommy Robinson was arrested, they're protesting at the fact that he was jailed for 13 months. If that girl was jailed four hours after being arrested, I'd be the first to condemn it.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2018, 09:45:13 PM »
This part isn't funny:

Stop creating false equivalences. No one is protesting at the way Tommy Robinson was arrested, they're protesting at the fact that he was jailed for 13 months. If that girl was jailed four hours after being arrested, I'd be the first to condemn it.

As he was on a suspended sentence (for doing the same thing previously), any violations of the suspension order instantly instigated the sentence (that had been suspended).  He had been tried and convicted of a crime with due process, and the court hearing where he pleaded guilty simply meant that his previous charge (that had been suspended) would start straight away. 

I really can't understand why people has any issues why he was sent to prison. 

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »
This part isn't funny:

As he was on a suspended sentence (for doing the same thing previously), any violations of the suspension order instantly instigated the sentence (that had been suspended).  He had been tried and convicted of a crime with due process, and the court hearing where he pleaded guilty simply meant that his previous charge (that had been suspended) would start straight away. 

We went through it before earlier in the thread.

Here's another account

The swiftness with which injustice was meted out to Tommy Robinson is stunning. No, more than that: it is terrifying.

Without having access to his own lawyer, Robinson was summarily tried and sentenced to 13 months behind bars. He was then transported to Hull Prison.

Meanwhile, the judge who sentenced Robinson also ordered British media not to report on his case. Newspapers that had already posted reports of his arrest quickly took them down. All this happened on the same day.

In Britain, rapists enjoy the right to a full and fair trial, the right to the legal representation of their choice, the right to have sufficient time to prepare their cases, and the right to go home on bail between sessions of their trial. No such rights were offered, however, to Tommy Robinson.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:53:26 PM by eggieguffer »

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »
This part isn't funny:

We went through it before earlier in the thread.

Here's another account

The swiftness with which injustice was meted out to Tommy Robinson is stunning. No, more than that: it is terrifying.

Without having access to his own lawyer, Robinson was summarily tried and sentenced to 13 months behind bars. He was then transported to Hull Prison.

Meanwhile, the judge who sentenced Robinson also ordered British media not to report on his case. Newspapers that had already posted reports of his arrest quickly took them down. All this happened on the same day.

In Britain, rapists enjoy the right to a full and fair trial, the right to the legal representation of their choice, the right to have sufficient time to prepare their cases, and the right to go home on bail between sessions of their trial. No such rights were offered, however, to Tommy Robinson.

Are you really not understanding this, or are you playing dumb?

He had all the legal assistance he needed, a case was prepared, and offered to the court for consideration AT HIS ORIGINAL TRIAL.  He was granted freedom via suspension of the sentence he was given.  When he violate d the terms of that suspension, he went to jail.  No trial was needed as a sentence had been passed due to the court case that had been held.

The rapists you speak of will (as Robinson did) have the chance to prepare and present their cases to a court for consideration.  If they are granted suspension of their sentences, they will also be sent to prison if they breech the conditions of their suspensions.

Once again, HE HAS ALREADY HAD HIS DAY IN COURT.  Seriously, you sound moronic now!

Here is a similar case:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/crack-dealing-suicide-bomber-protestor-577314

Bedfordshire police said they arrested the 22-year-old this morning and took him to prison.

Are you going to complain that his treatment was also unfair?  Or does he believe in the wrong sky father?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2018, 05:58:03 AM »

I admit I'm dumb about the law. Would you know whether someone is entitled to a lawyer if they're arrested for a crime while on suspension?. I wouldn'tAll the opinions I've posted on here have been other people's who know more about it then me. I would expect to see overwhelming support for Robinson's imprisonment in the media, complete with  convincing sounding legal jargon because they have been against him from the start, and frankly I don't trust them any more.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:19:15 AM by eggieguffer »

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2018, 06:55:04 AM »

I admit I'm dumb about the law. Would you know whether someone is entitled to a lawyer if they're arrested for a crime while on suspension?. I wouldn'tAll the opinions I've posted on here have been other people's who know more about it then me. I would expect to see overwhelming support for Robinson's imprisonment in the media, complete with  convincing sounding legal jargon because they have been against him from the start, and frankly I don't trust them any more.

When it comes to a suspended sentence, the judge who gave the original sentence will have listed conditions for recall.  If the CPS had reason to believe that one of those conditions had been breached, they would show that evidence to the judge and if he decides that a breach has been made, he can recall.  As the sentence has already been passed, it is then activated.  Robinson may still have to face a judge again regarding the reason for the breach, as it may be considered a new offence.  if that is the case, he will have chance to consult a lawyer, and form a defence case.

The media are rightly leaving this alone, as this has been caused by "media" invasion in the CPS.  Once restrictions are lifted, there will probably be a slew of ridiculous tabloid crap about what a saint this man is, or other such gubbings

http://www.theweek.co.uk/93916/why-tommy-robinson-is-going-to-prison-and-why-the-uk-media-were-silent

This explains the situation pretty well.

In the broadcast, played to the court, Robinson “got into a shouting match with several men who appeared to be defendants in the case”, Buzzfeed reports. He also read out the names and charges against the men, some of them inaccurate.

A temporary order had been imposed by the court banning media coverage of Robinson’s trial and conviction while the Leeds grooming trial was ongoing over fears it could further publicise Robinson’s prejudicial broadcast.

So we get the current situation:
However, legal blogger The Secret Barrister says the reporting restrictions have inadvertently enabled a false narrative to flourish online.

The enforced absence of “accurate reporting by responsible journalists” meant “there was no factual counterpoint to the selective and inaccurate details of Yaxley-Lennon’s situation that were inevitably flooded through social media” by his supporters.
Do you understand now?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 06:59:06 AM by sligo »

Offline mcdhenstep

• Waygookin
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2018, 09:48:31 AM »
I can't believe the level of breathtaking ignorance of UK law alongside steadfast views on Tommy Robinson's innocence. **** it, let the global elites rule. Can't be worse than you lot.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2018, 10:35:47 AM »
I can't believe the level of breathtaking ignorance of UK law alongside steadfast views on Tommy Robinson's innocence. **** it, let the global elites rule. Can't be worse than you lot.

Get off your high horse. You're getting your information from what people on the internet choose to tell you, just like everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:40:31 AM by eggieguffer »

donovan

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »

Get off your high horse. You're getting your information from what people on the internet choose to tell you, just like everyone else.

Perhaps more striking, given most people's ignorance on the subject, is how quickly so many are ready to indulge in government conspiracy theories. Oy vey, we are in for trouble~

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
Perhaps more striking, given most people's ignorance on the subject, is how quickly so many are ready to indulge in government conspiracy theories. Oy vey, we are in for trouble~

We already know there's been a conspiracy - the covering up of the rape gangs. That's not a theory, it's a fact. It's not a massive stretch of the imagination to think the government might also want to silence the people making a noise about it.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »

If UK law lets the government lock you up whenever they feel like it, you got a lot of problems and you're kidding yourself.  Add in that a year or two before, the police actually came for him at 4 in the morning even though he lived in another town.  Free speech is not respected in Britain it seems.  In America, there's no way, they'd be allowed to do that.  As Don Jr says, it's reason 1776 that America split from Britain.  It's still BS and anti democratic, especially when they let ISIS fighters come back into their country with no penalty or punishment.  But, sure, let's lock up Tommy boy.  Theresa May is such an idiot. 

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2018, 02:36:36 PM »
The author of video is an actual holocaust denier....  :huh:

That's not true. Don't believe everything you read. They took his comments out of context.

Well, I hope not.  The holocaust was very real and very evil.  (Though Stalin and Mao killed many millions of mostly non Jews and were pure evil too.)  Antisemitism is making a huge comeback in Europe, sadly.  Just recently, an elderly woman who survived the holocaust in France was murdered by some idiot screaming Allu Akbar!  Total BS.  I guess blaming the Jews for all your problems and piling hate on them throughout history seems to be the low blow of some.  No wonder they need their own country to protect themselves. 

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2018, 04:30:42 PM »

Free speech is not respected in Britain it seems.  In America, there's no way, they'd be allowed to do that.

If you were honest with yourself you would acknowledge that even in America there are limitations to free speech. A key characteristic though, exhibited by populist of either persuasion, is the fact that their ignorance predisposes them to hastily defer to conspiracy theory, which is inline with their emotion driven prejudices, when logic and reason defeats them.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2018, 08:25:16 PM »

Free speech is not respected in Britain it seems.  In America, there's no way, they'd be allowed to do that.

If you were honest with yourself you would acknowledge that even in America there are limitations to free speech. A key characteristic though, exhibited by populist of either persuasion, is the fact that their ignorance predisposes them to hastily defer to conspiracy theory, which is inline with their emotion driven prejudices, when logic and reason defeats them.

What about when their populist persuasion as you put it, causes them to make disingenuous arguments like; there are limits to free speech in the us, so Tommy Robinson reporting a story about grooming gangs lands him in jail is similar to the us
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:50:25 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2018, 08:36:16 PM »

We already know there's been a conspiracy - the covering up of the rape gangs. That's not a theory, it's a fact. It's not a massive stretch of the imagination to think the government might also want to silence the people making a noise about it.
It's not a fact; it's a lie:
In November 2017, the Swedish government held a meeting where they stated that: “Sexual violence is being used as a tactic of terrorism”, and as such, it was recognised as a threat to Sweden’s national security.

The link between terrorism and rape undertaken by Islamist gangs was not being ignored. They called for counter-extremism education. This sounds like a balanced and intelligent governmental response to me.

That's from a column in the Independent.

Or how about this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-41608602

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:26 PM »

In November 2017, the Swedish government held a meeting where they stated that: “Sexual violence is being used as a tactic of terrorism”, and as such, it was recognised as a threat to Sweden’s national security.

The link between terrorism and rape undertaken by Islamist gangs was not being ignored. They called for counter-extremism education. This sounds like a balanced and intelligent governmental response to me.

Or how about this:

Of course it's being reported now because the scandal has broken you dummy. It's all in Wikipedia. The interview I posted with Robinson and Paxo was in 2011 before the scandal broke yet he was disbelieved and ridiculed by the establishment, while the authorities covered it up. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:59:20 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline Rusty Brown

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »

Or how about this:

The Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal has been described as the "biggest child protection scandal in UK history".[16] From the late 1980s until the 2010s, organised child sexual abuse continued almost unchallenged by legal authorities...

Authorities are in the process of unveiling a Muslim grooming gang in my home town right now. It's diabolical.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2018, 03:33:44 AM »

Or how about this:

Of course it's being reported now because the scandal has broken you dummy. It's all in Wikipedia. The interview I posted with Robinson and Paxo was in 2011 before the scandal broke yet he was disbelieved and ridiculed by the establishment, while the authorities covered it up. 

In 2011 the Times journalist Andrew Norfolk identified 17 cases that had led to convictions where there had been a similar pattern of grooming.

In all cases, the victims were vulnerable teenage girls, often in the care

Dummy.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2018, 06:27:59 AM »

Or how about this:

In 2011 the Times journalist Andrew Norfolk identified 17 cases that had led to convictions where there had been a similar pattern of grooming.

In all cases, the victims were vulnerable teenage girls, often in the care

Dummy.

Robinson founded the EDL in 2009, one of whose aims was to campaign against Muslim grooming gangs in his own town of Luton. The Times journalist started investigating Rotherham 2 years later. The full story eventually came out in a report in 2014

Just give it a rest and go back to slagging off Trump.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:02:32 AM by eggieguffer »