August 16, 2018, 02:15:35 AM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: Book Club  (Read 493 times)

Offline hesperiina

• Adventurer
Book Club
« on: May 22, 2018, 10:05:58 PM »
Hello! I recently moved to Incheon and am looking for some fellow book nerds to start a book club with. :)  If you're interested or know of an already existing book club, please let me know. (I also live close to Bucheon for anyone living in Bucheon who might be interested or if there are any book clubs there.) Thanks! :)

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
Re: Book Club
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
If you'd like to read something magical and funny, how about this? https://goo.gl/KrKRny

it's fast-paced and humorous.

Offline hesperiina

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:45:51 PM »
Hi  :smiley: Thanks for the recomendation. Are you interested in joining a book club or know of any?

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:40:11 PM »
Hello! I recently moved to Incheon and am looking for some fellow book nerds to start a book club with. :)  If you're interested or know of an already existing book club, please let me know. (I also live close to Bucheon for anyone living in Bucheon who might be interested or if there are any book clubs there.) Thanks! :)

I read a lot but I wouldn't really be interested in working my way through a list chosen by other people. What activities do you envision for this club?
Catch my drift?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:51:55 AM »
If you're willing to travel up to Seoul on Friday nights, I've been a member of a book club there for about 2 years. You can search for it on Facebook, its the First Friday Fiction Club.

Offline hesperiina

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 10:22:03 AM »

I read a lot but I wouldn't really be interested in working my way through a list chosen by other people. What activities do you envision for this club?

Hello! So I was thinking about doing one book a month. The book would be completely chosen by the members. I want to start a book club to branch out my reading list, not to dictate what others should read :) After we finish the book, we can meet up at a cafe and talk about it. :)

Offline hesperiina

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 10:23:42 AM »
If you're willing to travel up to Seoul on Friday nights, I've been a member of a book club there for about 2 years. You can search for it on Facebook, its the First Friday Fiction Club.

Hello! I don't have a facebook so I can't search it up. Can you tell me what time you meet? Thanks!

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »

I'm open to it, I'm stuck on Gangwha island during the week, and since I don't have a GF or anything, I'm free to use my weekends as I like.

Offline hesperiina

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 08:47:13 PM »

I'm open to it, I'm stuck on Gangwha island during the week, and since I don't have a GF or anything, I'm free to use my weekends as I like.

Doesn't seem to be much interest from others, would you  still be interested if it was just two people?