June 23, 2018, 04:28:29 PM

Author Topic: Murder rate now higher in London than New York.  (Read 2073 times)

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
Re: Murder rate now higher in London than New York.
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »
it's not London everyone you should be worried about. it's korea. the murder rate is south korea is 5 times higher than that of the UK: for south korea it's 1.1. for the UK it's 0.2. http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/safety/

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2018, 05:05:07 AM »
I've returned to London and after 2 years the change has been unbelievable. I'm from what was considered one of the safest boroughs in the city, and in the space of 2 years the town centre is full of crack heads and thugs. The borough has been on the decline for a number of years and there were always areas that had a reputation, but in such a short space of time the decline has become precipitous.

Martin mentioned "no go areas" and that is unhelpful if you can't back it up, however saying "you been watching Fox huh?" is just as unhelpful if not more so. It's easy to take a more leftist stance when you're looking through the lens of being in Korea, but once you leave your views will change unless you are extremely ignorant. Are there "no go zones?" I will say this; the decline in this place in a short space of time is absolutely shocking. To quote the controversial right wing journalist Raheem Kassam, I can categorically tell you that "London is turning into a shit hole."

Offline SteveBruce

• Veteran
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2018, 05:18:53 AM »
it's not London everyone you should be worried about. it's korea. the murder rate is south korea is 5 times higher than that of the UK: for south korea it's 1.1. for the UK it's 0.2. http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/safety/

This is a frivolous example in my opinion. First of all, is it any surprise 64% Koreans feel safe walking at night compared to 77% of Brits? I think this has a lot to do with Korean culture, they are some of the most timid and risk averse people I have ever come across. Additionally, what is the nature of these homicides? I'm willing to bet the majority of these homicides are domestic issues. I have never at any point felt uneasy or intimidated walking around Korea. I don't think I have ever even seen a fight in the 2 years I was there. In Korea, you don't have rival drug gangs running estates. Within 2 weeks of being back I saw someone knocked clean out which I didn't see once during my 2 years in Korea. The homicide rate in Korea may be higher, but the crime here is much more reckless, unpredictable and dangerous. If most of these homicides are alcoholic men strangling their wives, it isn't necessarily going to make me walk around with my head hanging over my shoulder.

Offline didinicks

• Waygookin
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 05:25:50 AM »
Very interesting... and sad, indeed.

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/