December 17, 2017, 08:22:29 AM

Author Topic: A little Optimism please  (Read 4939 times)

Offline goodgollymiss

• Waygookin
Re: A little Optimism please
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »
I just spent two hours hanging out with one of my 3rd grade students. Her mom works at my school and since my student is still very young she can't stay home by herself and is essentially forced to deskwarm along with us! So today, I figured that since we were both bored we could play a game after lunch. Two hours later and I knew her favorite foods, the names of all of her cousins, and everything she likes about Spongebob Squarepants. At the beginning of the year this girl barely talked to me, and now she can't stop chattering! I'm so grateful she's getting more comfortable with me and I'm hoping that I see it reflected in her work next semester  :)

Offline lizteacher10

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »
This is awesome!!!! Great stories people!

Offline DevilMogun

• Super Waygook
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »
I got my first Valentine's present from a student yesterday - a tiny box of Ferraro Rocher.  I don't think I've ever had a Valentine's gift in my life.   I have also wanted to kill several students this week, but the little acts of kindness from just the occasional one makes up for the rest. 8)
"She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness" Oscar Wilde

Offline infogoddess

• Featured Contributor
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
I just had my last class with one of my favorite sixth grades.  The girls and I talked about the cute guys in the Korean dramas that I watch and then they showed me a mash-up between "Boys Before Flowers" and "Secret Garden" and even without sub-titles I got it - they crack me up and try so hard to tell me things like my hair was the same color as the sky (they had been staring at the sun so they saw everything as yellow) - funny kids - I will actually miss them when they graduate on friday!
"The Bhagavad Gita - that ancient Indian Yogic text - says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection. So now I have started living my own life." Elizabeth Gilbert

Offline complex303

• Featured Contributor
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »
Going through the new 6th grade CD made me want to shoot someone. 

Then I read this thread...thanks to whoever started it.

My happy moment today was when the administration office made an announcement over the intercom.  I have no idea what they said, but they left the intercom on and it sounded like they were having a great time laughing and teasing each other.  2 minutes into it and someone called and told them they left the intercom on and you could hear the shock in their voices.  Good times.

Offline korr

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 08:22:09 AM »
I only teach three of my school's eight 3rd grade classes. One of the classes I don't teach keeps trying to kidnap me. No matter how rough my classes have been, nothing cheers me up faster than a bunch of little kids dragging me down the hallway going "We too! We too!"