December 11, 2017, 05:21:43 PM

Author Topic: My Korean Adjussi Stalker  (Read 3641 times)

Offline GEK

• Veteran
My Korean Adjussi Stalker
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »
I have a Korean stalker.

He yells at me when I park in front of the gimbop place and when I sort my garbage...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:22:41 PM by GEK »

Offline JackSem

• Adventurer
Re: My Korean Adjussi Stalker
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 06:38:20 AM »
You could always buy a big bottle of cass, walk over to him bow, hand him the cheap beer and walk away.   ;)

I imagine it must be quite a nerve rattling situation.

Offline Morticae

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »
Or, you could say "닥쳐!" and walk away  :laugh:

Offline sweet_potato

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:13 AM »
Just scream back at him in English. He'll eff off eventually.

Offline Paul

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:57:18 AM »
You could always buy a big bottle of cass, walk over to him bow, hand him the cheap beer and walk away.   ;)

I imagine it must be quite a nerve rattling situation.

This is pure genius, and one I must personally remember to try.
More primary school colours and shapes activity ideas and resources than you'd ever need - here
Holy free educational fonts Batman!

Offline rainesbaines

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 08:00:09 AM »
Welcome to Korea, where old people own you.   ???

Online Koreak

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »
Maybe he is shouting that you're handsome  :P  I get that everyday!

Online Janitor

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »
I have a Korean stalker.

He yells at me when I park in front of the gimbop place and when I sort my garbage...

Do have any idea of what he is yelling at? are you parking in the wrong spot of putting your trash in the wrong spot?

I used to have this sort of situation when I would park my motorcycle where the apartment manager told me to park it. Some older people feel that they have to enforce the rules. This lady blamed my motorcycle for some strange smell in her apartment. Her window was 5 yards away and she felt that the exhaust was getting into her house.

Long story short, everyday she yelled at me when I would start up my bike. I finally asked her what the problem was while I called my Korean friend. They talked it out and a solution was made.

I would suggest trying something like that. Sometimes our actions are put under the microscope and little things like parking and garbage are made into big things.

Offline karenology

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
I have a Korean stalker.

Business owners don't like it when you park in front of the entrance to their places.  Maybe that's it?  Not sure about the garbage.  Maybe he's yelling about your parking habits while he's got a captive audience.

Offline GEK

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 12:11:36 AM »
I wanted to delete my original post, but there is no delete feature.  So, I trimmed it down.

Basically, this guy studied abroad and has a good grasp of the English language. He is stuck in a factory job that he doesn't like (my wife has talked with him).  He hates that non-Koreans are here and can make more money than him.

The kimbop place I park in front of loves me.  I buy breakfast for my students every Friday and Saturday morning.  The bus drivers don't use the "indented lane" when they stop at this bus stop.  We are not on a busy street.

The guy just doesn't like non-Koreans. 

I park behind the taxis and leave my car running when I run in and grab my "running order" each weekend.  It takes all of 50 seconds.  Yet, this guy is always there to tell me not to park there.  I point out the taxis and the other guys buying breakfast on the run but he's set on just giving me crap. 

Conclusion:

My wife is an aggressive ajumma. 

The other day, I was sorting the trash and he started in on me.  My wife was waiting as the car warmed up; she saw what was happening and she stepped up and the guy basically whimpered after a short discussion with her and disappeared. 

That'll be the end of it. 

Just one random angry Korean who hates non-Koreans... put in his place, not by a knock to the head, but by the words of a women 2 years older than him.

Offline expertamateur

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 07:52:37 AM »
After reading the additional explanation, I'd say go with the "닥쳐" idea.
Vincent: What'cha mean walk the earth?
Jules: You know, walk the earth, meet people... get into adventures. Like Caine from "Kung Fu."