August 18, 2018, 04:25:25 AM

Author Topic: Storing a bike in Korea...  (Read 1042 times)

Offline dchang458

• Adventurer
Storing a bike in Korea...
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
I'm currently located in Daegu and I'm considering getting a bicycle to help me get around town without having to rely on buses. The only problem is that my apartment is tiny and it would be impossible to store a bike inside. For those of you in similar situations who own a bike, where do you usually store it? I'm a little reluctant to store it in the building because it may get in the way of others trying to pass by.

Offline The Zahir

• Waygookin
Re: Storing a bike in Korea...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
I am in Gongju and have a similar difficulty. My apartment building is very small and there are I think 4 other guys (Korean university students) who ride bikes who live here. They all leave theirs locked in the entrance area and that sometimes gets in the way but nobody seems to mind too much. There's no more room for me to leave mine there without completely blocking the way out so I've just been forced to keep mine inside (where it gets in my way, but no one else's  ::)). If space in the building is REALLY an issue (it would be a pain but) you could get a multitool and loosen the handlebars to rotate them sideways so they line up with the bike each time you lock it up.

Another option might be: Folding bikes are usually not too hard to find, and some models get pretty small. They look ridiculous though... =3

tl;dr: I don't think your neighbors will mind much if you leave it in your building.