December 16, 2017, 03:34:33 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 207545 times)

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1460 on: December 20, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »
Got a neuro referral, going after school today

Nervous but so ready to get to the bottom of this!

Years ago, I got a bad concussion playing football with my students.  Never had it before, never want it again.  Horrible, horrible feeling.   Hot, then cold, shaking, then not, then dizzy, then ok, lasted two weeks.  I live in a small city 100 000 or so people.  I went to the 'neurologist' there, for a CT scan.  Firstly, when I entered the room, the guy 'in charge' of the machine was asleep with his feet up on the machine.  Great!  Secondly, after the scan I went back to the 'neurologist' for my results.  He didn't speak English, but what he did say in English was 'Hmmm, something is eating your brain......don't worry about it, goodbye'  :huh:  I thought that was it, number is up, what music for my funeral?  I'm a gonna!  Around that time in public schools, we could take our two weeks renewal in the middle of the contract, so I went home a couple of days early, to a proper neuro surgeon in England.  He said that area of the brain has different sizes, so don't worry.   :smiley: I lost 5 kilos in two weeks worrying about the first guy.   :-[

Something to tell the grandkids, I suppose.

Good luck with your scan, Mooncamembert!  ;D

Ahahahha! Man that would be so anxiety-inducing. My non-catastrophic working hypothesis is that I have some kind of really tenacious infection which is causing it, since I've also been dealing with swollen lymph nodes

If nothing else, at least I reached the level of Expert Waygook before my curtain call  :afro:

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1461 on: December 22, 2016, 12:23:06 AM »
first~

Offline strugglebunny

• Veteran
« Reply #1462 on: December 22, 2016, 07:36:30 AM »
Somehow I got out of doing winter camp for both of my schools, and due how I scheduled my vacation, I'm going to miss the last two weeks of teaching at my middle school making today my last day here.

It's a goddamn Christmas miracle.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1463 on: December 22, 2016, 07:49:18 AM »
The 3rd graders are going to Lotte World today, so I don't have to teach any of their classes. The 1st and 2nd graders are going to a play this morning, so they don't have any classes until after lunch. All my 1st and 2nd grade classes are before lunch, though, so I don't have to teach any of their classes, either. No classes at all for Mister Tim today. Score.

The question now is, do I fire up Skyrim? My work computer is actually my personal gaming laptop, so it's tempting...

Offline strugglebunny

• Veteran
« Reply #1464 on: December 22, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »
Another Christmas miracle! All my classes for today and tomorrow have been canceled.

The question now is, do I fire up Skyrim? My work computer is actually my personal gaming laptop, so it's tempting...

Oh man, I wish I had my laptop with Skyrim on it right now. :( Oh well, I guess I'll work on this  game that I'm translating for a contest whose deadline is coming up...

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #1465 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
Someone made 2 massive things of popcorn for the teachers office and it is amazing. The smell alone made the day 100X better!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1466 on: December 22, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
So far 7 out of my 21 classes have been cancelled this week. I lightly suspect that some of them were "cancelled" because my coteacher didn't like my lesson and was worried JB would yell at me if she didn't like the lesson either, but whatever. Only had one class yesterday and only have one class today. If only I had brought my knitting! I'm trying to make a fancy scarf for not-girlfriend

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1467 on: December 22, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »
The sofa bed I bought to celebrate a successful re-signing  is on it's way. Hopefully here before christmas so people can sit at my party, and sleep on it after the party :D

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1468 on: December 22, 2016, 10:23:19 AM »
The sofa bed I bought to celebrate a successful re-signing  is on it's way. Hopefully here before christmas so people can sit at my party, and sleep on it after the party :D

That isn't a party!  Your sofa should be on fire, in the road, after it was thrown out of the window at the peak of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.  While you wake up blurry-eyed in a tree in Mexico wearing a dinosaur costume.  That is a party.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1469 on: December 22, 2016, 10:34:26 AM »

That isn't a party!  Your sofa should be on fire, in the road, after it was thrown out of the window at the peak of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.  While you wake up blurry-eyed in a tree in Mexico wearing a dinosaur costume.  That is a party.

I have a soju onesie that I'll probably crawl into at some point, can I wear that in the Mexican tree instead?

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1470 on: December 22, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »
So I ordered a package from the UK to be sent to me through iPorter at the very beginning of this month. There were so many delays and then iPorter said that my passport number was wrong (it wasn't) so it was being held at customs. But hallelujah it's being delivered today! I will have time to wrap it for Christmas, haha.

Offline kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1471 on: December 22, 2016, 11:51:56 AM »

That isn't a party!  Your sofa should be on fire, in the road, after it was thrown out of the window at the peak of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen.  While you wake up blurry-eyed in a tree in Mexico Korea wearing a dinosaur costume.  That is a party.

Let me tell you a story about how I became an English teacher in far off Korea...

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1472 on: December 22, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »
Only 2 more days teaching with the coteacher who treats me like I'm invisible and then it's goodbye!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1473 on: December 22, 2016, 01:19:50 PM »
The class my coteacher seemed concerned the boss teacher would hate went SUPER well with the second grade class I had with her

granted, the second graders are always better than the third graders, but it made me feel better, especially considering that I suspect they cancelled my classes yesterday bc my class wouldn't be "good enough"

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1474 on: December 22, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
I ordered from Coupang for the first time. Expected delivery is Saturday! I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to dig in~

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1475 on: December 22, 2016, 02:12:29 PM »
I ordered from Coupang for the first time. Expected delivery is Saturday! I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to dig in~
Oh, what did you get?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1476 on: December 22, 2016, 02:24:42 PM »
Oh, what did you get?

Junk!! Glorious junk! Some Campbell's chunky soup and Chef Boyardee! Hahahah. Also got some Bear Creek soup mixes, now those I'm raring to get into.

Also ordered some maple syrup and cinnamon.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1477 on: December 22, 2016, 02:31:43 PM »
Has anyone else noticed Korean brand versions of blue box mac 'n cheese and the like on shelves at supermarkets these days?  I'm sure that's enough to make more than a few foreigners raving happy.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1478 on: December 22, 2016, 02:33:04 PM »
So I took it upon myself to cancel my final class of the day and of the semester. They had their semester end party the period before mine, and they are watching some scary movie called Don't Breathe. I figured "hey it's English and they won't pay attention to me anyways" so I took attendance and went back to my office, haha.  :laugh:

Oh, what did you get?

Junk!! Glorious junk! Some Campbell's chunky soup and Chef Boyardee! Hahahah. Also got some Bear Creek soup mixes, now those I'm raring to get into.

Also ordered some maple syrup and cinnamon.
Oh, I never thought about soups! I love chunkys and Bear Creek potato soup is the stuff of my childhood! So good. Never did like Boyardee though. I will have to check that stuff out next time.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1479 on: December 23, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »
I always make Christmas cookies for the staff at my schools and today I gave them out. When I dropped off some at the security guards and he had the cutest reaction.  :cheesy: