December 18, 2017, 04:56:33 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 208433 times)

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1440 on: December 16, 2016, 08:09:04 AM »
I think this qualifies as both a vent for that thread and could be here in the raving happy thread too.

All year there has been issues with the seating arrangement in classes.  We had to swap out the standard desks from trapezoid shaped tables that will seat two kids on one side. Two tables together to fit 4 kids.  I try 4 different arrangements to make the six teams fit in the room, sit comfortably and not have their back to the front of the class - it was surprisingly tricky. A hexagon, a butterfly, different angles etc etc.  I was moving the tables around again last night hoping to fit in a horse shoe arrangement, but because of the size of 5th grade it just doesn't fit! BAH!  Then it strikes me - the way to set the tables that solves all the problems.  A simple L shape.  WHY didn't I think of this earlier??? I HAVE ONE WEEK OF CLASSES LEFT and I think of this NOW?!?!?!  I'm both happy and really peeved at myself because I should've seen this earlier and now it's almost too late.  Almost, but not quite.  I am actually pretty pleased with myself as well.  What's the word for this feeling I'm having?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1441 on: December 16, 2016, 09:38:57 AM »
^there's probably a word in a different language if not in English.

Middle grade 2 students are my favorite. They asked if I was going on next week's field trip (I'm not, but it was nice they wanted to know if I was going). They've also invited me to a cooking class before.

For the Christmas lesson I opened by telling them "No books today!" All of the kids went "Yay!!!" and one kid was so enthused he threw his book on the floor and his hands up in the air.

Me:  :shocked:
All the students stare at him.
Student: ...Just kidding!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1442 on: December 16, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
^there's probably a word in a different language if not in English.

Middle grade 2 students are my favorite. They asked if I was going on next week's field trip (I'm not, but it was nice they wanted to know if I was going). They've also invited me to a cooking class before.

For the Christmas lesson I opened by telling them "No books today!" All of the kids went "Yay!!!" and one kid was so enthused he threw his book on the floor and his hands up in the air.

Me:  :shocked:
All the students stare at him.
Student: ...Just kidding!!

:laugh: :laugh:

Daerim Chinatown tonight with friends.

Exploring Myeongdong Bururu Sex Toy store on Saturday followed by a 3 hour free makgeolli  tastng session in Sinsa, and then Saturday night adventure in Itaewon with live music.

Apocalypse Now Redux Blu-Ray on Sunday. (3:30 length  :huh:)

Seeing as I did literally nothing last weekend and regretted it, this weekend should make up for that.  8) ;D :cheesy:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1443 on: December 16, 2016, 10:05:04 AM »
Having my apparently weekly movie night, trying to decide on a movie once again.

We watched Top Secret two weeks ago, Top Gun last week. I think this is henceforth going to be "goofy/homoerotic action movie night"

Anyone have suggestions up that alley? Lol

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1444 on: December 16, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »
Having my apparently weekly movie night, trying to decide on a movie once again.

We watched Top Secret two weeks ago, Top Gun last week. I think this is henceforth going to be "goofy/homoerotic action movie night"

Batman and Robin

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1445 on: December 16, 2016, 11:34:11 AM »
I HAVE NO CLASS NEXT WEEK OH WHAT A LIFE

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1446 on: December 16, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
Nice!! I get 3 days class-free next week due to some field trip the kids are taking. Gonna just work on winter camp stuff ^^

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1447 on: December 16, 2016, 11:57:52 AM »
CT is seemingly taking all of the planning for winter camp upon herself this time.  I just said 'tell me what you need me to do...' but it sounds like I just help out, she's got it covered.  Noice.

And then told that camps are most likely cancelled for next year because of budgets.  Oh sure that means another week of deskwarming, but that's not what I'm focussing on now.... NO CAMPS!!  That's my focus.

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
« Reply #1448 on: December 16, 2016, 12:38:54 PM »

Xena, LOTR, Legend of the Seeker - anything filmed in NZ is your standard 'Homoerotic adventures in the wilderness.'

Online welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1449 on: December 16, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »

Xena, LOTR, Legend of the Seeker - anything filmed in NZ is your standard 'Homoerotic adventures in the wilderness.'

Black Sheep? Once Were Warriors?

Online z80

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1450 on: December 17, 2016, 01:59:52 PM »
I seem to always get lucky with apartment heating.

The people that live around me in my new place seem to love the temperature to be about 40C in there apartments, and their boilers are pumping out smoke in this cold weather non-stop.

I just got home from out of town and my apartment is sitting at 23C, outside is about 2.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1451 on: December 19, 2016, 08:52:57 AM »
Got word that I (most likely) won't have any more 3rd grade classes this school year. That means my mornings are free two days this week and almost guaranteed during the desk warming season in Feb.

Offline gaelynwrites

• Veteran
« Reply #1452 on: December 19, 2016, 11:46:53 AM »
2 of my 3 classes today were canceled. And the one I did have was 90% my coteacher lecturing. Easiest Monday with a cold ever.

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1453 on: December 19, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »
I was gone all last week and part of the week before. My classes were rearranged in such away that I'm just teaching all the stuff I should have taught last week.

Anything that didn't fit was just cancelled.

And lunch was good. And there's fresh coffee.

Today is good.

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1454 on: December 19, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
My co-teacher wants / wanted 3 weeks of winter camp, different students / grades each week, but there hasn't been a lot of interest. It is starting to look like I'll do 1 week, and the other 2 will be desk-warming. :D

I hope I didn't jinx this. :P

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1455 on: December 19, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »
My co-teacher wants / wanted 3 weeks of winter camp, different students / grades each week, but there hasn't been a lot of interest. It is starting to look like I'll do 1 week, and the other 2 will be desk-warming. :D

I don't mind if grades 3 and 4 sign up for mine but god I hope the fifth and sixth graders don't. :cry:

Online Kayos

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1456 on: December 19, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »

I don't mind if grades 3 and 4 sign up for mine but god I hope the fifth and sixth graders don't. :cry:

Haha - I have to teach grades: 3,4,5, and 6 at the Elementary camp (I usually only teach grade 6 - so I think I am going to not do well for grades 3 and 4, not on purpose, but because I'm not used to them). I'm co-teaching this with another NET though.
and 1 and 2 at the MS.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1457 on: December 19, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Got an email from my accountant.  I owe about 1/4 the tax I thought I did.

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1458 on: December 20, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »
Got a neuro referral, going after school today

Nervous but so ready to get to the bottom of this!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1459 on: December 20, 2016, 08:01:09 AM »
Got a neuro referral, going after school today

Nervous but so ready to get to the bottom of this!

Years ago, I got a bad concussion playing football with my students.  Never had it before, never want it again.  Horrible, horrible feeling.   Hot, then cold, shaking, then not, then dizzy, then ok, lasted two weeks.  I live in a small city 100 000 or so people.  I went to the 'neurologist' there, for a CT scan.  Firstly, when I entered the room, the guy 'in charge' of the machine was asleep with his feet up on the machine.  Great!  Secondly, after the scan I went back to the 'neurologist' for my results.  He didn't speak English, but what he did say in English was 'Hmmm, something is eating your brain......don't worry about it, goodbye'  :huh:  I thought that was it, number is up, what music for my funeral?  I'm a gonna!  Around that time in public schools, we could take our two weeks renewal in the middle of the contract, so I went home a couple of days early, to a proper neuro surgeon in England.  He said that area of the brain has different sizes, so don't worry.   :smiley: I lost 5 kilos in two weeks worrying about the first guy.   :-[

Something to tell the grandkids, I suppose.

Good luck with your scan, Mooncamembert!  ;D