December 16, 2017, 03:38:43 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 207547 times)

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
Someone posted this on my facebook today and it immediately improved my day. Hope it does the same for someone else.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »
Someone posted this on my facebook today and it immediately improved my day. Hope it does the same for someone else.

I love this movie and I love love this song! Mission accomplished.

Offline HabsFanInKorea

• Veteran
« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
Today I saw my grade 6's thoroughly washing their hands in the lunch room! I'm talking with soap, sudsy, and for well over 30 seconds, probably a minute! Longer than I wash my own hands; I was staring in awe, wondering when they would stop. Simply stunning  :afro: :afro:

Where's Sonny? 

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #523 on: June 13, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »
Today's the first day that the daycare teacher hasn't brought the kids 10 min early to class ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #524 on: June 13, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »
Heard a kid cracking knuckles in class today (grade 3 elem).

Felt thus compelled to crack my own-- I can crack multiple at once, for louder effect.
Kid's eyes widened in amazement. The little ones are so easily impressed, hahaha

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »
Returned to my main school and someone brought lots of bread from the mainland  8) Which was awesome cause lunch at my travel school was meh today.

There was pizza bread!  ;D But it had mustard!  :huh: Wtf. Not a lot though, so it was still good overall.

And for some reason they're doling out kimbaps to everyone in the office. No idea where these came from but I'm not complaining!  :azn:

Offline reudibeat

• Veteran
« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2016, 10:37:03 AM »
A single bubble just floated past my office window and my classroom smells really delicious. Like a Jamaican patty.

Offline nermal

• Veteran
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »
 :huh: I should not have caught up on the past week of this thread.

100 classes/31 school days/41 full days until I'm out of here.
I have a spreadsheet that's counting all of these down.  :cheesy:

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #528 on: June 15, 2016, 01:48:48 PM »
Just had my second open class where other teachers come in and watch our class. Was super chill and calm until the moment that we actually started. I slowly saw the teachers come in one by one.

Students are usually more outspoken and love to talk but I think the presence of the principal and vice principal and several other teachers made them feel more reserved. After a few vocab practices and a game at the end, students went crazy and a lot more energy and positive vibes were released into the room. Overall it went extremely well and got smiles and compliments at the end. :)  :afro: :afro: :afro:

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #529 on: June 15, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »
 :azn:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #530 on: June 16, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
Hamstring is still really tight, but it's healed enough now that I can run and jump again. Taking way less time to heal than I'd predicted, especially since I had a little bruising a couple of days after both hearing and feeling a pop at the time of injury.

I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. c:

AND, half of my classes are canceled today.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #531 on: June 16, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
Wasps and bees keep flying in through the open windows in the teacher's office, and my KTs finally broke: closed the windows and turned on the A/C. c:

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #532 on: June 16, 2016, 02:23:00 PM »
School just agreed to the change I requested for my vacation days. I was expecting a fight, but they were all just, "Yeah, okay, works better for us anyway."

Love this school.

Offline moc-moc-a-moc!

• Super Waygook
« Reply #533 on: June 16, 2016, 02:34:02 PM »
Thanks to some construction at my primary school the four weeks of summer camp I was dreading has been reduced to two. Hooray.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #534 on: June 16, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »

Offline krissyboo75

• Expert Waygook
  • Please understand our unique culture~
« Reply #535 on: June 17, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »
I was having such a crummy week and then last night my friend and I went and sang at 노래방 for 2 hours, completely sober, and it was amazing. It cheered me up so much and now its FRIDAY! Horray! :azn:

Offline chupacaubrey

• Super Waygook
« Reply #536 on: June 17, 2016, 08:18:45 AM »
Sometimes I sit with the Special Education teacher at lunch (because she speaks better English than half my co-teachers  :undecided: ) so I've gotten to know one of her students who sits with her also. He's usually too shy to speak to me in English so he'll ask her if he can ask me questions and she'll translate for me and then he'll be on a roll.

Today he was in my office to do a speaking test for Chinese and I say hello then go back to wasting time, as usual. Then he comes up to me to start a conversation! We exchange ~how are yous~ and talk about our weekends and stuff. I am so fond of him. He is just the best.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #537 on: June 17, 2016, 08:28:43 AM »
Went to Jeonju for a field trip. Pretty cool place! Got to eat a handmade choco pie, the famed Jeonju bibimbap, and dress up in hanbok, among other things. Even got to see a soccer game! I think that's the first professional soccer game I've ever been to, hahah. Within the first few minutes, a player had fallen and medics rushed over-- the player was okay so they just patted him on the head and everyone went their merry way lol. I'm really happy that my school is really inclusive-- they decided I should go on this field trip to experience some Korean culture  :azn:

And now it's Friday  8)

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #538 on: June 17, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »
It's Friday, all of my classes are cancelled, and the weather is so nice today. :) I brought a book with me to school so I'm just going to read all day.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #539 on: June 17, 2016, 09:36:47 AM »
I won!!! I finally got a message from gmarket (three months after the initial order) that the seller is giving me a full refund! They were saying that they would only give me a half refund because he wanted to charge me for the return fee, but that was his mistake for addressing it wrong. So finally, I am getting my money back. Hallelujah.