December 18, 2017, 04:45:15 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 208430 times)

Online kyndo

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SHIT MEGATHREAD
« Reply #260 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:22 PM »
Getting my license in Korea was super easy (taking all the actual tests) and now riding a motorcycle around is SICK
Make sure you register it. They seized mine.  :sad:

(Edit to make post fit topic) ...which is awesome because I totally would have killed myself by now in some horrendous accident zipping about as I was!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:09:19 PM by kyndo »

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #261 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:49 PM »
The level of dust is pretty low and it's cool out; I'm going for a long run after work. Gonna blast some music, work up a sweat, it'll be great!

Offline Action Jackson

• Super Waygook
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2016, 05:09:44 AM »
I've gotten myself a new job.  After 7 years in Korea, it seems that we'll be parting ways come this summer. 

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2016, 08:20:18 AM »
5 DAY WEEKEND NEXT WEEK!!! WHOOOOO

Offline devsterl

• Super Waygook
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:38 AM »
Getting my license in Korea was super easy (taking all the actual tests) and now riding a motorcycle around is SICK

Wouldn't drive a car in Korea (and that's with the added protection of being surrounded by metal and crumple zones), can't imagine riding motorbike here (where you are the crumple zone) - Koreans drive like morons, saw two near collisions yesterday (would have been instant death if they collided), morons overtaking on blind corners and rises.

Offline sixtieshappy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »
*breathe

You see?  That is what happens.  The extra oxygen makes me light-headed.
;D

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2016, 09:10:41 AM »
I like simple pleasures.  It is spring.  It is raining.  The air is clear.  I can breath deeply.

Couldn't agree with you more here. Coming from the Pacific Northwest this environment is a complete 180 for me!  :cry:
Same! The last rain, I just went to an open air cafe and just chilled with a latte, a blanket, and watched the rain.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2016, 09:23:46 AM »
I like simple pleasures.  It is spring.  It is raining.  The air is clear.  I can breath deeply.

Couldn't agree with you more here. Coming from the Pacific Northwest this environment is a complete 180 for me!  :cry:
Same! The last rain, I just went to an open air cafe and just chilled with a latte, a blanket, and watched the rain.

Hahaha!  Simple pleasures.  I was amazed at how much extra energy and clear-headed I was yesterday, just by there being no dust.  I couldn't imagine living in China for that reason.  It would limit everything.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2016, 10:12:59 AM »
Two classes taken over by teachers who need the extra time to catch those students up on mid-term material, two other classes watching a movie, and the others are self-studying.

At this rate I'll have ALL of next semester's materials finished and ready to go.

I also got the Baskin Robbins Ironman and Captain America headphones yesterday. Going to put them on my desk to see if any of my boys notice and say anything about them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:15:38 AM by Chinguetti »

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »
There's a very sweet 5th grader who is a little slow but he tries his best and today I could really tell that his hard work is paying off. He's improved so much and was doing the group activity without any help. He even volunteered for a role play! I was so happy I felt like my heart might explode. 

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:14 AM »
Two classes taken over by teachers who need the extra time to catch those students up on mid-term material, two other classes watching a movie, and the others are self-studying.

At this rate I'll have ALL of next semester's materials finished and ready to go.

I also got the Baskin Robbins Ironman and Captain America headphones yesterday. Going to put them on my desk to see if any of my boys notice and say anything about them.
They have headphones? I thought it was just the ice cream!

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2016, 10:58:38 AM »

Hahaha!  Simple pleasures.  I was amazed at how much extra energy and clear-headed I was yesterday, just by there being no dust.  I couldn't imagine living in China for that reason.  It would limit everything.
Yeah, I almost ended up outside of Beijing a few years ago for m first overseas job, and I am so glad it didn't work out. That dust is an everything killer.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »

It's part of a limited promotion for the new Avengers film. It started yesterday and I THINK it's supposed to continue until supplies are exhausted?

You're supposed to buy some ice cream (a quart or higher, or basically the equivalent of spending 13500 won or higher) and then you have the option of purchasing one of the headphones for an additional 3000 won. You can take a look at the image I attached.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:13:46 AM by Chinguetti »

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2016, 12:09:52 PM »

It's part of a limited promotion for the new Avengers film. It started yesterday and I THINK it's supposed to continue until supplies are exhausted?

You're supposed to buy some ice cream (a quart or higher, or basically the equivalent of spending 13500 won or higher) and then you have the option of purchasing one of the headphones for an additional 3000 won. You can take a look at the image I attached.
Oh that's awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out. I used to have a pair of One Piece headphones I used at school that some of my students loved and were super excited when they saw them.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2016, 12:12:19 PM »

Yeah, I almost ended up outside of Beijing a few years ago for m first overseas job, and I am so glad it didn't work out. That dust is an everything killer.

It rained EVERYWHERE except Seoul!  :cry: I saw rain on the forecast at 20 percent, then it was just gloomy and DUUUUUUUSSSTYYY. On a positive note, it looks like We should get rain on Saturday!!!  ;D

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2016, 12:18:14 PM »

It rained EVERYWHERE except Seoul!  :cry: I saw rain on the forecast at 20 percent, then it was just gloomy and DUUUUUUUSSSTYYY. On a positive note, it looks like We should get rain on Saturday!!!  ;D
Maybe it depended on what part of Seoul, because I was in a cafe at Hapjeong. Then again, it was nearly two weeks ago.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »
I REALLY misinterpreted/couldn't remember the schedule tomorrow. Usually I teach periods 2-4 then have lunch and have one more after lunch. I thought tat I had 5 classes tomorrow so I went to clarify with my CoT and she said, "You only teach classes 5 and 6." (The ones after lunch)

I have no classes from 8:40 until 1:10. Hells yeah! :afro: :afro:

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2016, 01:03:42 PM »

Maybe it depended on what part of Seoul, because I was in a cafe at Hapjeong. Then again, it was nearly two weeks ago.

Yeah, it did a couple of weeks ago, but I was referring to yesterday. Hopefully there will be some in the coming forecast!  :wink:

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »

Yeah, it did a couple of weeks ago, but I was referring to yesterday. Hopefully there will be some in the coming forecast!  :wink:
Oh! Haha, then yeah, you're right. I didn't even know it rained yesterday and that I was missing out! Bummer. Oh well, yesterday was still a good day.

I went and saw Civil War and before I left for it right after school, a few students that know I love comic book stuff ran up showing off their movie tickets and we chatted about it a little. Its always fun being able to talk to them about mutual interests!

Offline antmar

• Veteran
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

Oh! Haha, then yeah, you're right. I didn't even know it rained yesterday and that I was missing out! Bummer. Oh well, yesterday was still a good day.

I went and saw Civil War and before I left for it right after school, a few students that know I love comic book stuff ran up showing off their movie tickets and we chatted about it a little. Its always fun being able to talk to them about mutual interests!

I keep on putting off my training for my half marathon this summer due to my laziness. Yet with the weather being so terrible as it is, it doesn't help either. With more rain and clearer air I think that I may start getting back on track for my training  :afro: :afro: 8) 8).