November 19, 2018, 12:38:52 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 378850 times)

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1960 on: July 19, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »
Kesha's new music is pretty cool.  I like her new style better (though her general goofy/not taking herself seriously attitude has always been fun).

Ke$ha is a treasure. Everything she does is great.

She actually dropped the $ from her name a few years ago.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1961 on: July 19, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Egg tarts.  That's all I have to say.

o.o Is... Is that a suggestion? A rave? A warning o.o Please elaborate! I don't want to die of egg tarts!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1962 on: July 19, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »
Officially done teaching anything for this semester. Coteacher requested a movie day tomorrow. Friday school starts vacation on Friday. Just have to wait 5 more days til I go to Hong Kong :)

Go to Chi Lin Nunnery and the Garden to the South of it. Best building I've seen in my life.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1963 on: July 19, 2017, 12:54:58 PM »

Go to Chi Lin Nunnery and the Garden to the South of it. Best building I've seen in my life.

I'm actually being a terrible tourist and going to Disney for the most part XD My travel buddy wants to do 2 days there and we only have 4 days (including days we get there and leave). So I'll just be partaking in the Marvel Summer event they have right now :}

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1964 on: July 19, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »

That is your answer to everything;D  Even the teaching threads.

o.o Is... Is that a suggestion? A rave? A warning o.o Please elaborate! I don't want to die of egg tarts!

Egg tarts = the answer. 

For serious though, found a chain (I think it was called Uncle Fong's?), tried egg tarts at a friend's suggestion, proceeded to eat egg tarts daily for the remainder of my trip.  Even bought a few extra on my last day to take with me.

God how I miss those egg tarts. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1965 on: July 19, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

I'm actually being a terrible tourist and going to Disney for the most part XD My travel buddy wants to do 2 days there and we only have 4 days (including days we get there and leave). So I'll just be partaking in the Marvel Summer event they have right now :}

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I will never invite you to Love Motel upon learning this.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1966 on: July 19, 2017, 12:59:14 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

For serious though, found a chain (I think it was called Uncle Fong's?), tried egg tarts at a friend's suggestion, proceeded to eat egg tarts daily for the remainder of my trip.  Even bought a few extra on my last day to take with me.

Lol ah, I might have to try some if I find 'em :P

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Ahahahahah If I knew my overwhelming Disney interest was a turn off I wouldda been more obvious about it to everyone so I can live happily alone with not but my tv and my hamster :} Thanks for the tip ;)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1967 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Ahahahahah If I knew my overwhelming Disney interest was a turn off I wouldda been more obvious about it to everyone so I can live happily alone with not but my tv and my hamster :} Thanks for the tip ;)

"Might"!!??  I wouldn't invite you to a Love Motel either!!   :evil:

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1968 on: July 19, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »

Egg tarts = the answer. 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

"Might"!!??  I wouldn't invite you to a Love Motel either!!   :evil:
Pfft, I see how it is...
*continues to poke at hamster while watching Lion King for the trillionth time while not eating egg tarts*

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1969 on: July 19, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »
You're so close! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong!
Do you not have camp?

We still have class until the 26th, but then it will be camp which will hopefully be quieter and enjoyable.

I know I had a happy thing to write about, but the people are in my office are talking so loudly I can't hear myself think, so I can't remember what it was.

We played Apples to Apples in 6th grade today, and they loved it. They're becoming hard to please (they're growing up :cry:) so it's gratifying when they genuinely enjoy something.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1970 on: July 19, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
You're so close! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong!
Do you not have camp?

We still have class until the 26th, but then it will be camp which will hopefully be quieter and enjoyable.

I know I had a happy thing to write about, but the people are in my office are talking so loudly I can't hear myself think, so I can't remember what it was.

We played Apples to Apples in 6th grade today, and they loved it. They're becoming hard to please (they're growing up :cry:) so it's gratifying when they genuinely enjoy something.
I have a week vacation, 3 weeks of camp, then one more of vacation.
Most of my schools finish on Friday and after a big ordeal where I almost for a cool 4 days of vacation I stood my ground and got 9 days, but it's broken up... Oh well... 2 trips!

Online elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #1971 on: July 19, 2017, 02:04:53 PM »
Grade 5 teacher runs into my office.  He just stands there for a moment struggling to find the English (bless his heart) and eventually manages a terse "Follow me!"
I'm a little worried at this point-Was I supposed to be somewhere? Did I have an extra class that no one told me about?
Then he starts jogging down the hall.....Me: :huh:
Now I'm convinced there's some sort of emergency. I jog after him.  He leads me to the cafeteria and reaches into a big bag and....."Bingsu!"    :laugh:

Surprise bingsu is best bingsu. Sugar Poison and all.   ;D  :azn:

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1972 on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:44 AM »
Mother-in-law goes back home for 4 days today!! Yessssssssss!!! house to ourselves again.

She'll be back, but until then.... happy nude dance at home.

Online Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #1973 on: July 20, 2017, 11:30:14 AM »
After making a planned out english camp that includes all the grammar, phonics, and vocabulary my teacher planned. I was told that I can now do whatever I want as long as it caters to grades 3 and 4. I was even told I could possibly do a watergun fight. (I am so doing a watergun, water balloon fight at the end of both weeks. gives us a break from the classroom and the heat

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1974 on: July 20, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »
My new bamboo, sweat proof undershirts arrived yesterday.

Everyone's sweating their arse off and I'm just strolling around like it's a pleasant spring day.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #1975 on: July 20, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »

Everyone's sweating their arse off and I'm just strolling around like it's a pleasant spring day.

All mayo?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1976 on: July 20, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
I don't have to go to my least favorite school tomorrow which means I don't have to go there for a month!

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1977 on: July 20, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
My co-teacher is planning all of the camp this summer. And getting all the materials. And doing everything else needed. I just nod and approve and turn up on the day.

This year over 30 students wanted to come to camp, I think it's because they like me so much. We had to do a lotto draw.  Their sad little faces could almost break your heart when they're name wasn't drawn.  At least I got a few of my favourites in there.

Also, only summer camp this year (with a reasonable budget). No winter camp (budget didn't want to be stretched to two).

Yes.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1978 on: July 20, 2017, 02:15:49 PM »
Was waiting for the bus this morning when a car stops in front of me. 

Woman:  Teacher!  Are you going to [...] elementary school?? 

Me:  No, I'm going to [...] middle school. 

Woman:  There's no bus today!  Because there was no ferry.  Come with us! 

This brief exchange was all in Korean, I'm pleased I actually understood what was going on (I really need to pick up studying again  :-[ ).  I eventually remembered how I knew this woman-- she's one of the new lunch ladies at one of my travel elementary schools. 

Super nice lady.   ;D

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #1979 on: July 20, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »

All mayo?

What does either bamboo or mayo have to do with clothing? I would've though you'd want to avoid having either of those anywhere near expensive clothing...???