December 18, 2017, 04:50:18 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 208431 times)

Online yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1960 on: July 10, 2017, 09:00:02 AM »
Got to school today and my coT told me the schedule had changed-- some random meeting in the morning meant one of my classes got canceled! And she needs half of each class period to review stuff with the kids before their exams tomorrow. 

So today is an easy day!  Which is nice because I didn't get much sleep~

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #1961 on: July 10, 2017, 11:59:21 AM »
The end is so near I can smell it.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1962 on: July 11, 2017, 09:20:31 AM »
Not seen a raining season like this for years.  It's ace.  Last year, I remember it was two days of rain.  So far this year, it's been about 7 or 8 days, with most of those days having huge, proper downpours.  When I went hiking on Sunday, the normally dry river beds coming down from the temple were flowing, even though it hadn't rained hard for 12 hours or so.  Please more....

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1963 on: July 11, 2017, 10:10:12 AM »
So far 1/3 classes has bothered to show up today. We'll see about my other 4 classes...

Tuesdays suck o.o

gidget

« Reply #1964 on: July 12, 2017, 02:09:04 PM »
One of my littlies came up to me and said proudly, "Teacher! Oh what a surprise! You look so pretty today."
Since she's normally too shy and scared to speak I'm going to take it as a compliment. Today is a good day!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1965 on: July 12, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
One of my littlies came up to me and said proudly, "Teacher! Oh what a surprise! You look so pretty today."
Since she's normally too shy and scared to speak I'm going to take it as a compliment. Today is a good day!

It might have taken her a few days of just formulating what she wanted to say and building up the courage.  She was trying to impress you, no doubt. It's a compliment^-^

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1966 on: July 13, 2017, 07:19:24 AM »

It might have taken her a few days of just formulating what she wanted to say and building up the courage.  She was trying to impress you, no doubt. It's a compliment^-^

Speaking of Kids Say the Darndest Things --One of my 5th graders came up to me yesterday and said, "Teacher! :) You are dirty pig!" I said, "Huh?" She said, "Dirty Pig!! hahaha" I don't think she realizes that's offensive.  :undecided:

Online Arabin

• Veteran
« Reply #1967 on: July 13, 2017, 07:26:35 AM »

Speaking of Kids Say the Darndest Things --One of my 5th graders came up to me yesterday and said, "Teacher! :) You are dirty pig!" I said, "Huh?" She said, "Dirty Pig!! hahaha" I don't think she realizes that's offensive.  :undecided:

That's so cute! If it were my student, I would make sure they would remember the cuteness by having them write down what they said a few hundred times. Then I would get their parents and their homeroom teacher to sign it so that everybody can appreciate just how f**king funny little Minsu is.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1968 on: July 13, 2017, 08:04:55 AM »

The other day after lunch some of the elementary school girls were trying to push another girl into the room, instructing her to tell me, "Would you marry me?"  :laugh:

Girl got away. 

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Super Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #1969 on: July 13, 2017, 08:17:16 AM »
Waygook.org user CO2 has Streets verses in his signature and under his avatar. This is good.

Online gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1970 on: July 13, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
Finally reached break-even price on a couple stocks I picked up before the tech dip last week. Upside is I got into $NOK before the earnings release run-up started (I hope). Things are looking okay in the markets, lots of bargains to be had.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1971 on: July 13, 2017, 08:46:17 AM »
Waygook.org user CO2 has Streets verses in his signature and under his avatar. This is good.

See I reckon you're about an 8 or a 9,
Maybe even 9 and a half in four so-maeks time.
That blue Bang Bang top you've got on IS nice,
Bit too much Gangnam face - but yeah you score high.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1972 on: July 13, 2017, 03:47:30 PM »
Goin' to Jejudo over Chuseok!  Gonna be the first time~ 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1973 on: July 13, 2017, 04:21:08 PM »
Maaaaannnnnnnnn, it's been such a pain doing this summer camp and all the re-edits my coteacher wants but it's done!

Free! Just chilling on top of my building with a cigarette. The pollution outside can be pretty nasty so I've decided I won't blow it into the air, I'll just blow it down the vents next to me.

Protect out planet!

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1974 on: July 13, 2017, 05:22:49 PM »
Does nobody just end up reusing their previous year's camp material...?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1975 on: July 13, 2017, 07:28:56 PM »

I see the same kids for camp every year except for the ones that graduate.  There's some stuff I can reuse like some games and whatnot but I can't recycle everything from the previous camp. 

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #1976 on: July 13, 2017, 08:02:27 PM »
Donovan,

Have you ever done a scavenger hunt at one of your camps?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1977 on: July 13, 2017, 10:50:32 PM »
I guess I'm lucky (No, I'm actually verifiably lucky in many ways. Blessed, in religious parlance.) that I work at a relatively big school where I share my camp with another native English teacher (who usually conducts a scavenger hunt) and we have enough interest in our 'camp' that we can attract twenty completely new students each time.

Sorry Pecan. I wasn't trying to provoke you into a muting. I can give you the keys to 'Steel rails' for the time being if you want~

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1978 on: July 13, 2017, 11:04:02 PM »
The end is so near I can smell it.

When are you out, Grey? What does the future hold for you?

Online lifeisgood6447

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1979 on: July 14, 2017, 07:31:54 AM »

I have new students every year, so yes, I do! Planning has been done for a couple of years, now all I need to do now is spend the camp budget...  :P