December 16, 2017, 03:40:18 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 207548 times)

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1880 on: June 15, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »
I love when teachers have a trip to Jeju, because they always bring back chocolate. 

My favorite is the cactus flower flavor.  Subtle and sweet yet distinct in taste.

Those ones are fantastic! I need to go eventually so I can get me some more o.o

There's an Emart in Seoul that actually sells Jeju chocolate and some other products from Jeju. I was surprised when I saw it, since, before then, I always thought those products weren't available to buy outside of Jeju.

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1881 on: June 15, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »
I love when teachers have a trip to Jeju, because they always bring back chocolate. 

My favorite is the cactus flower flavor.  Subtle and sweet yet distinct in taste.
I recently had a cactus and cranberry cookie. The cookie wasn't very good at all, and the flavors weren't very interesting, so I think it was really just a gimmick, but I would still try cactus-y things.

Urgh, I'm not very fond of cranberry to begin with but I wouldn't pair it with cactus even if I did. 

Cactus chocolate is a smooth delight. Also it's a pleasant flavor for Dragon's Beard Candy (that honey spun treat)

You sound like a cactus flavored chocolate commercial and that pleases me. I'm going to Jeju soon. I'll have to keep an eye out for these confectionery morsels.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1882 on: June 15, 2017, 03:25:38 PM »

I recently had a cactus and cranberry cookie. The cookie wasn't very good at all, and the flavors weren't very interesting, so I think it was really just a gimmick, but I would still try cactus-y things.

Urgh, I'm not very fond of cranberry to begin with but I wouldn't pair it with cactus even if I did. 

Cactus chocolate is a smooth delight. Also it's a pleasant flavor for Dragon's Beard Candy (that honey spun treat)

You sound like a cactus flavored chocolate commercial and that pleases me. I'm going to Jeju soon. I'll have to keep an eye out for these confectionery morsels.
Haha, ohh, it sounds nice. I should see if my bf's dad can pick me up some next time he goes...

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1883 on: June 15, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »

I'm fond enough of the subtle tones of cactus chocolate that I'd gladly endorse it freely! Tis also a fun novelty and edible souvenir!

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1884 on: June 16, 2017, 08:49:36 AM »
Today marks the only Friday morning commute in recent memory during which I was neither cut off nor stuck in traffic nor nearly killed by oblivious drivers. Yay!

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1885 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »
I was talking to the gym teacher about badminton this morning on our way to school, asking if there's anywhere around our city to play. When I had time between classes I got a call from her asking if I wanted to play badminton because she could switch her gym class plan to badminton. So I just got back from playing it with the 5th graders :) Apparently any time I want to play I can just tell her in the morning and she'll change her class to badminton time. Awesome :)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1886 on: June 16, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »
Ultra was so much fun! I'm dead tired today, but the music and lights were worth it.

Did you see Alesso or Pendulum?

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1887 on: June 16, 2017, 12:43:01 PM »
I was talking to the gym teacher about badminton this morning on our way to school, asking if there's anywhere around our city to play. When I had time between classes I got a call from her asking if I wanted to play badminton because she could switch her gym class plan to badminton. So I just got back from playing it with the 5th graders :) Apparently any time I want to play I can just tell her in the morning and she'll change her class to badminton time. Awesome :)

I was asked to join the badmin'on team again this year. I was asked by the team captain (our head groundskeeper) with our new gyogwa head teacher right behind him with a grimmace on his face of either 1) "I don't think he wants to. Let's not bother him," or 2) "Please say no."  I made it clear that I wasn't very good and was doing so hesitantly, but I said yes.  We had one practice that Friday for which only a handful of people showed up. I come with my 5000 won Daiso racket and clay-court tennis shoes. For a practice game I'm put on a team with this new gyogwa teacher. He's nice enough to me but it's obvious he's far more competitive than me (he's also the head PE Teacher) and I'm quite rusty as I haven't played since last 'season'. At one point in the game he hits a shot that I saw as out and the groundskeeper (a reasonable guy) called it out, but the gyogwa guy was *vociferous* that it was in and wouldn't let it go. Shortly thereafter I hit a shot and my Daiso racket handle starts spinning loose from the rest of the racket. I'm able to borrow the groundskeepers spare racket for the rest of practice, but I'm urged to go out and spend 80,000 won for a good, competitive racket. (I don't want to spend *any* money on a racket, hence my crap Daiso racket.) The gyogwa teacher offers to sell me his old racket.  "No thanks."  I get through that practice and then the following week I run into another teacher whom I had had as a coteacher and who I know also plays badminton and asked if she'll be on the team this year and she tells me, "No, [gyogwa teacher] is scary." I also noticed when we were playing during practice that he had asked a couple younger female teachers if they would play as our partners and they flat out rebuffed him. I still go to the team's practice the next day, but nobody else shows up. The next practice. Same. I don't ask too many questions because I'm rather happy about this, as I don't really want to play myself.  The next week I run into the groundskeeper in the halls and I end up asking him about badminton practice. He tells me they'll meet again next Wednesday. Well, next Wednesday comes around and the whole school is having a huishik that afternoon. I figure the team is just dissolved by now, but then on that Friday, *right* before it's time to go home, the gwogya teacher approached me and asks if I can join practice that day. I say that I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it that day. He mutters to himself that nobody is available that day. The following weeks I keep checking (but not asking) if there's practice at the scheduled time. Usually I check the gym only to find unicyclists practicing rather than badminton nets set up. I'm starting to get worried only because I already got the rather expensive Airwalk-brand badminton team polo already (where did that money get appropriated from??) and hope I won't have to end up paying for it myself.  Eventually I check in at the gym and there is teacher's badminton practice going on (but not the teacher's *team* practice) and I ask one women who was on the team last year what's going on with the team practice, and she says, "저도 모르겠어요," and I promptly leave. I've now decided I am not going to bring up the subject of badminton with anyone and just hope that everyone has just agreed to an unspoken code of silence on the issue. Turns out the gyogwa guy, after one semester here, is probably going to be gone next semester with a VP gig somewhere else. I imagine he couldn't care less, as well.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1888 on: June 16, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »
Ultra was so much fun! I'm dead tired today, but the music and lights were worth it.

Did you see Alesso or Pendulum?
Alesso. Pendulum is good, but sometimes they're a bit too erratic sounding for my taste. I like Alesso's lyrical songs, like "Under Control" and "Heroes." I mostly stayed at the main stage the whole time. I did wander around Resistance a little bit, and I was at the live stage for KSHMR, who was amazing.

Happy thing: My 6th graders asked to learn cursive, and I was surprised that they showed so much enthusiasm about something. Usually they don't care about anything. I'm not sure how interested they'll be in it once we actually get started, but it'll be fun to try.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1889 on: June 16, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »
Alesso. Pendulum is good, but sometimes they're a bit too erratic sounding for my taste. I like Alesso's lyrical songs, like "Under Control" and "Heroes." I mostly stayed at the main stage the whole time. I did wander around Resistance a little bit, and I was at the live stage for KSHMR, who was amazing.

Well, we can agree on KSHMR, that guy rocked it.

Hahaha, erratic? Also, at Ultra Singapore (same lineup as Korea just different days) Pendulum did their set AND one of the other DJs pulled a sickie so Rob and Gareth covered for him with a 40 minute Knife PArty set. JEALLLOOUUUSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1890 on: June 16, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »

I was asked to join the badmin'on team again this year. I was asked by the team captain (our head groundskeeper) with our new gyogwa head teacher right behind him with a grimmace on his face of either 1) "I don't think he wants to. Let's not bother him," or 2) "Please say no."  I made it clear that I wasn't very good and was doing so hesitantly, but I said yes.  We had one practice that Friday for which only a handful of people showed up. I come with my 5000 won Daiso racket and clay-court tennis shoes. For a practice game I'm put on a team with this new gyogwa teacher. He's nice enough to me but it's obvious he's far more competitive than me (he's also the head PE Teacher) and I'm quite rusty as I haven't played since last 'season'. At one point in the game he hits a shot that I saw as out and the groundskeeper (a reasonable guy) called it out, but the gyogwa guy was *vociferous* that it was in and wouldn't let it go. Shortly thereafter I hit a shot and my Daiso racket handle starts spinning loose from the rest of the racket. I'm able to borrow the groundskeepers spare racket for the rest of practice, but I'm urged to go out and spend 80,000 won for a good, competitive racket. (I don't want to spend *any* money on a racket, hence my crap Daiso racket.) The gyogwa teacher offers to sell me his old racket.  "No thanks."  I get through that practice and then the following week I run into another teacher whom I had had as a coteacher and who I know also plays badminton and asked if she'll be on the team this year and she tells me, "No, [gyogwa teacher] is scary." I also noticed when we were playing during practice that he had asked a couple younger female teachers if they would play as our partners and they flat out rebuffed him. I still go to the team's practice the next day, but nobody else shows up. The next practice. Same. I don't ask too many questions because I'm rather happy about this, as I don't really want to play myself.  The next week I run into the groundskeeper in the halls and I end up asking him about badminton practice. He tells me they'll meet again next Wednesday. Well, next Wednesday comes around and the whole school is having a huishik that afternoon. I figure the team is just dissolved by now, but then on that Friday, *right* before it's time to go home, the gwogya teacher approached me and asks if I can join practice that day. I say that I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it that day. He mutters to himself that nobody is available that day. The following weeks I keep checking (but not asking) if there's practice at the scheduled time. Usually I check the gym only to find unicyclists practicing rather than badminton nets set up. I'm starting to get worried only because I already got the rather expensive Airwalk-brand badminton team polo already (where did that money get appropriated from??) and hope I won't have to end up paying for it myself.  Eventually I check in at the gym and there is teacher's badminton practice going on (but not the teacher's *team* practice) and I ask one women who was on the team last year what's going on with the team practice, and she says, "저도 모르겠어요," and I promptly leave. I've now decided I am not going to bring up the subject of badminton with anyone and just hope that everyone has just agreed to an unspoken code of silence on the issue. Turns out the gyogwa guy, after one semester here, is probably going to be gone next semester with a VP gig somewhere else. I imagine he couldn't care less, as well.

Lol well that blows XD We don't have a badminton club, we play volleyball with another school sometimes (I work at that school too so I switch between teams) but our badminton was just the usual 5th grade gym period. We played super casually and ended up doing more like keep up to see who could keep hitting back and forth the longest. If they were competitive I'm sure I could take some kids no problem after years of playing snow badminton in the middle of the street at like 1 am.

Online denimdaze

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1891 on: June 16, 2017, 02:04:22 PM »
One of the teachers closed the windows and turned on the air conditioner in the teachers' room.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1892 on: June 16, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »
Placed another Coupang order. Can't wait~

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1893 on: June 16, 2017, 02:12:30 PM »

Well, we can agree on KSHMR, that guy rocked it.

Hahaha, erratic? Also, at Ultra Singapore (same lineup as Korea just different days) Pendulum did their set AND one of the other DJs pulled a sickie so Rob and Gareth covered for him with a 40 minute Knife PArty set. JEALLLOOUUUSSSSSSSSSSS
Maybe erratic isn't the right word. Too high energy? Too intense? I'm not sure how to explain it, but that music just doesn't do anything for me. Vocal trance is my preferred form of electronic music, so that really fast stuff is fine in small doses, but just not for me, generally.  I saw Knife Party at last year's Ultra, but I don't remember it very well.  :-[

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1894 on: June 16, 2017, 02:14:52 PM »
Lol well that blows XD We don't have a badminton club, we play volleyball with another school sometimes (I work at that school too so I switch between teams) but our badminton was just the usual 5th grade gym period. We played super casually and ended up doing more like keep up to see who could keep hitting back and forth the longest. If they were competitive I'm sure I could take some kids no problem after years of playing snow badminton in the middle of the street at like 1 am.

I like your way better.

And thanks for reading all that~ 8)

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1895 on: June 16, 2017, 03:10:38 PM »

I like your way better.

And thanks for reading all that~ 8)

Lol no problem :P

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1896 on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:47 PM »
I just noticed I got a new "rank".

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1897 on: June 22, 2017, 11:45:28 AM »
Just discovered a USB fan in my desk! My cubicle just got that much better.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1898 on: June 22, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »
The teachers played t-ball against the 6th graders yesterday, and even though they destroyed us it was really fun. Afterwards we went to dinner at a place with chairs which was great because I hate sitting on the floor for hours.

Today I had the same 4th grade class twice in one day and normally dislike that because the kids seem so bored the second time around, but this class is well-behaved and they were really engaged during both lessons. ;D

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1899 on: June 22, 2017, 03:03:27 PM »
Creepy A~hole is supposed to transfer at the end of July!! Rumor has it that everyone is happy about it! Here's hoping his replacement is normal!