December 18, 2017, 05:01:12 PM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 208435 times)

Online What?What?

• Expert Waygook
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline sfusiondj

• Adventurer
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1861 on: June 02, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »

"Fanta is poison.  You should be happy somebody stole yours.  They probably saved your life."

It was you, wasn't it?  :lipsrsealed:

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #1862 on: June 03, 2017, 02:46:45 PM »
Good news:

"The average college graduate makes around $1 million more over her working lifetime than the average person with just a high school diploma."

http://www.insidesources.com/college-pays-off-not-like/

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1863 on: June 07, 2017, 02:25:23 PM »
After the meeting with the principal (which he knowingly scheduled during my class) I got to class late, so we just played a (informational and English practicing) game. At the end, one of the students came up to me and said "Teacher, I am very happy today!" Then left.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1864 on: June 07, 2017, 02:48:33 PM »
There was a school "business" trip awhile back that was a volleyball tournament.  I went in order to leave school sooner without taking early leave.  As it turns out my school's team actually did well enough to advance to the finals so I got stuck there past the end of normal working hours  :P

Found out today I'm getting paid a bit of money for that extra time.  Baller~

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1865 on: June 07, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »
I finally got a phone where I don't have to rotate it 90 degrees to access the only working part of the touch-screen left after I dropped it in the toilet.

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #1866 on: June 07, 2017, 03:16:04 PM »
I finally got a phone where I don't have to rotate it 90 degrees to access the only working part of the touch-screen left after I dropped it in the toilet.

If you had immediately dried it out in your microwave, you would never have had that problem!  :angel:

« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 03:19:09 PM by kyndo »

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1867 on: June 09, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »
The goofy teacher made a point of telling me Monday is picture day and to wear long sleeves.  Lol.  I told him I had to go to my travel school and this seemed to cause some consternation.  Then my coT called my travel school and asked about adjusting the schedule so I could be in the photos.   :azn:

I don't even like having my photo taken but it's nice that they care that I'm in it. 

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1868 on: June 09, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »
The goofy teacher made a point of telling me Monday is picture day and to wear long sleeves.  Lol.  I told him I had to go to my travel school and this seemed to cause some consternation.  Then my coT called my travel school and asked about adjusting the schedule so I could be in the photos.   :azn:

I don't even like having my photo taken but it's nice that they care that I'm in it.
Why long sleeves? Is that the dress code or something?

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1869 on: June 09, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »

Why long sleeves? Is that the dress code or something?

I think what he meant was "formal attire" based on last year's photo dress code.  He doesn't speak much English lol

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1870 on: June 09, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »
I'm so glad I learned the colloquialism '아재'. Now I can tell dad jokes (아재개그) and own the term before the kids try to fling it at me disparagingly  :afro: :afro:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:06:45 PM by donovan »

Online gideonvasquez

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1871 on: June 09, 2017, 01:21:57 PM »
One of my fourth graders that really hate writing was writing full sentences and vocabulary today. We played a game and I made it very clear that you don't get points for a correct answer if you don't write the sentences. He ended up winning his team 2 of their three points for the day. That was nice.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1872 on: June 09, 2017, 03:13:19 PM »
My ct said the most beautiful sentence I've ever heard today:

Let's show a movie next week.

Online wanderlust8

• Adventurer
« Reply #1873 on: June 09, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »
I finally had a good after school class today. Decided to start showing Pixar shorts and have lessons based on those. The kids actually enjoyed them. They were also easy enough for the lower level, grade 3 (elementary) students but still had challenging sections for the higher level, grade 4 students. Success!

And my entire travelling school got new computers today!

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1874 on: June 12, 2017, 12:02:57 PM »
I love when teachers have a trip to Jeju, because they always bring back chocolate. 

My favorite is the cactus flower flavor.  Subtle and sweet yet distinct in taste. 

Online flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1875 on: June 12, 2017, 01:12:10 PM »
Ultra was so much fun! I'm dead tired today, but the music and lights were worth it.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1876 on: June 12, 2017, 01:12:46 PM »
I love when teachers have a trip to Jeju, because they always bring back chocolate. 

My favorite is the cactus flower flavor.  Subtle and sweet yet distinct in taste.

Those ones are fantastic! I need to go eventually so I can get me some more o.o

gidget

« Reply #1877 on: June 15, 2017, 07:45:44 AM »
I just found out that all the surrounding schools have been running the air conditioners but ours but it doesn't bother me. I'm actually comfortable! (Yes, I know the weather has been better lately)

I'm fine with the heat and the humidity! I feel all-powerful!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 11:05:23 AM by gidget »

Online HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1878 on: June 15, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »

I recently had a cactus and cranberry cookie. The cookie wasn't very good at all, and the flavors weren't very interesting, so I think it was really just a gimmick, but I would still try cactus-y things.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1879 on: June 15, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »

I recently had a cactus and cranberry cookie. The cookie wasn't very good at all, and the flavors weren't very interesting, so I think it was really just a gimmick, but I would still try cactus-y things.

Urgh, I'm not very fond of cranberry to begin with but I wouldn't pair it with cactus even if I did. 

Cactus chocolate is a smooth delight. Also it's a pleasant flavor for Dragon's Beard Candy (that honey spun treat)