December 17, 2017, 02:28:53 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 207786 times)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1720 on: April 07, 2017, 12:58:06 PM »
What a beautiful day, I just want to lay outside under the cherry blossoms like they do in those anime cartoons the kids seem to love.

Do it.  Live that anime lifestyle. 

This weather is legit baller though, a welcome change after that rainy spell. 

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1721 on: April 07, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »
What a beautiful day, I just want to lay outside under the cherry blossoms like they do in those anime cartoons the kids seem to love.

I will do it. I'll even sigh wistfully as I contemplate things. I can't wait. 2 more hours.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1722 on: April 07, 2017, 01:55:11 PM »

I will do it. I'll even sigh wistfully as I contemplate things. I can't wait. 2 more hours.

Just don't get a nosebleed :D

Offline gprinziv

• Adventurer
« Reply #1723 on: April 10, 2017, 07:21:57 AM »
I've been alternating between feeling like shit and feeling just OK.

Today was the first day I got up for work completely unbothered. I slept a full 6.5 hours, I'm not worried about today's lessons, and yesterday I went to the Ghibli pop-up store in the Busna Shinsegae and got two storyboard books -- one for me and one for my sister whose birthday just passed.

Feels.... kinda nice.

Offline fairydustangel8

• Waygookin
« Reply #1724 on: April 12, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
CoT: We are going to on a trip right now. Let's go!
Me: What? What are you talking about?
CoT: Teacher's field trip. I forgot to tell you. We go now.
Me: Can I please not go? Can I stay here? Please?

So far no one has come back to get me. Win!!

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1725 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »
I figured out how to give myself a sweet avatar after being inspired by Kyndo's new one. Now, I AM Chinpokomon! Or something. It's cute.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1726 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
I'm going to Fukuoka for the next holiday!  Haven't been to Japan in near 6 years.  Gonna have a few days of shopping and eating, glorious eating.  Flight is booked, lodging is as well. 

Going a bit stir crazy, this is just what I need~

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1727 on: April 12, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
One of my best friends found a cheap flight here for that may week with all the holidays! Haven't seen him in person since I got here last year so I can't wait to see him and shove soju down his throat :D

Offline Sikered

• Waygookin
« Reply #1728 on: April 13, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
co teacher snuck out and bought Baskin Robins and brought some for me.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1729 on: April 13, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
I'm going to Fukuoka for the next holiday!  Haven't been to Japan in near 6 years.  Gonna have a few days of shopping and eating, glorious eating.  Flight is booked, lodging is as well. 

Fukuoka is rad! It's super fun times.

SoftBank Hawks games are worth a few hours^^

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1730 on: April 13, 2017, 02:18:07 PM »
Today I used a game in class that involved throwing paper balls into a box, free throw-style. In one all-girl 3rd grade (middle school) class, one girl was making fart noises every time someone tried to take a shot. When it was finally her turn to try to make a shot, EVERYONE in the class started making fart noises. I chuckled, because I am a nine year old.

I know I complain a lot, but teaching can be a pretty fun job sometimes.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1731 on: April 13, 2017, 02:44:01 PM »
co teacher snuck out and bought Baskin Robins and brought some for me.

Sorry :(

Literally poison.  :)  The slow but sweetly delectable death.

Offline kriztee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1732 on: April 13, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
Today I used a game in class that involved throwing paper balls into a box, free throw-style. In one all-girl 3rd grade (middle school) class, one girl was making fart noises every time someone tried to take a shot. When it was finally her turn to try to make a shot, EVERYONE in the class started making fart noises. I chuckled, because I am a nine year old.

My ct was so mad at this one kid who spent half the class drawing poop on the heads of the textbook characters. It's a class of 2 kids too so it's not even like he can really hide what he's doing. My CT was so serious about this kid not drawing poop but the kid was soo proud of his drawings and just kept saying "IT'S D-D-O-N-G!"and I had to chuckle in the back corner cuz I'm also 9.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1733 on: April 13, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »

My ct was so mad at this one kid who spent half the class drawing poop on the heads of the textbook characters. It's a class of 2 kids too so it's not even like he can really hide what he's doing. My CT was so serious about this kid not drawing poop but the kid was soo proud of his drawings and just kept saying "IT'S D-D-O-N-G!"and I had to chuckle in the back corner cuz I'm also 9.

One of my elem. grade 3 classes has only 2 kids and I often overhear them discussing boogers and poo.  I'm not sure if I should be proud of understanding that kind of elementary Korean  :undecided:  But I always giggle inwardly and have to quash audible snorts.  Cause I am also a child.   :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1734 on: April 13, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »

Fukuoka is rad! It's super fun times.

SoftBank Hawks games are worth a few hours^^

I've seen a baseball game in Korea and had a jolly good time.  I bet I'd enjoy catching a game in Japan too, if I can work it.   ;D

This is my first time going to Fukuoka!  I already feel like I'm gonna have to go again to see more of the Kyushu region.  I'm thinking of mainly sticking to Fukuoka but maybe a day trip to Beppu is in order.  An old friend of mine might actually be in Fukuoka in the same time frame as well (waiting for a response) so it'd be super if we could catch up. 

It's also gonna be my first solo trip in a foreign land (I don't count excursions around Korea) because my friends in Korealand either don't have the full week off or are waffling on making a commitment so I said screw it, I'm going to Japan. 

Just thinking about all the food I wanna eat is making me salivate. 

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1735 on: April 13, 2017, 04:12:28 PM »
Today I went to buy my usual coffee with milk. The lady was so confused she brought me the carton if milk and let me pour it myself. Closest to perfect I've had outside of home.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1736 on: April 13, 2017, 05:47:01 PM »
I had my first lessons in my new job today and it was a DREAM.
Japanese kids > Korean kids > Vietnamese kids  :laugh:. Tiny class sizes & a great schedule help too. I'm having a celebratory mojito!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1737 on: April 14, 2017, 08:09:03 AM »
Something felt weird on campus this morning as I walked to school... didn't see any students running around late (I usually get here at 9 myself), no bells were ringing, the second door to the office was locked... I get into the office and today is a holiday!! Lords be praised because I was going to have to use my free period this morning to try to scramble together a last minute lesson for today.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1738 on: April 14, 2017, 08:25:02 AM »
I had my first lessons in my new job today and it was a DREAM.
Japanese kids > Korean kids > Vietnamese kids  :laugh:. Tiny class sizes & a great schedule help too. I'm having a celebratory mojito!

Are you in Japan now??? Or an international school or some such?? Super exciting either way :)  Glad things are working well for you.

Well this is a pleasant morning! I just received a lovely bouquet of flowers~  For some reason there was a big delivery of flowers and the art teacher is passing them out like candy  :laugh:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1739 on: April 14, 2017, 08:55:42 AM »
My school is really nice.  At dinner the other night, they asked if I wanted to order something else because the main course was pretty spicy.  I declined but the offer was very kind.  The teacher who's in charge of planning dinners seemed to think he'd made a mistake but I insisted that I was fine (literally, there's all this banchan that I'm happy to eat).  We can't avoid eating spicy fare just because one person can't handle it. 

He even suggested they buy ice cream for me afterward, hahah.  I didn't feel like it but he ended up buying a big bunch of bananas and insisted on giving me a few.  Well I'm certainly not gonna turn down free fruit!  :laugh: