December 17, 2017, 02:27:53 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 207786 times)

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1360 on: December 06, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »
Could someone explain this one?

Q: Why couldn’t the ice cream cones cross the road?

A: 차가와서!

What is the English word expressed by 차가와서?

(because) a car is coming!

I don't get it though

Sounds almost the same as "it's cold" "차가워".

Offline Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1361 on: December 06, 2016, 12:48:41 PM »
What is the best letter?

"E," because EFG.

(E예쁘지)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1362 on: December 06, 2016, 02:18:49 PM »
What's the deal with these L Brand German-import beers you see at grocers these days being sold for less than a domestic beer?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1363 on: December 06, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »
I used to feel a bit guilty about eating junk food with the amount #basedcowboyshirt lectures people about it but now I know he smokes and drinks, I don't feel as bad  :laugh:

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1364 on: December 07, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
BOSS GAVE ME A CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE WITH A GREEN FROSTING TREE ON TOP

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1365 on: December 07, 2016, 12:34:47 PM »
What's the deal with these L Brand German-import beers you see at grocers these days being sold for less than a domestic beer?

They've been around for years but they seem to disappear every once in a while.

They're trash, but they're cheap. I usually buy one or two whenever I get lucky and see them. As long as your expectations are low enough, you won't be disappointed.

Not quite as good as Max, but way better than Hite or Cass. Stay away from the weizen though - it's super sweet and gross.

At the end of October, Homeplus had another German brand for 1000 won/500 ml can. I don't remember the brand, but it was in a yellow can with a coat-of-arms type logo.

It was decent beer, and its availability coincided with a dinner party I was hosting.  It was well enjoyed.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1366 on: December 07, 2016, 01:00:04 PM »

They've been around for years but they seem to disappear every once in a while.

They're trash, but they're cheap. I usually buy one or two whenever I get lucky and see them. As long as your expectations are low enough, you won't be disappointed.

Not quite as good as Max, but way better than Hite or Cass. Stay away from the weizen though - it's super sweet and gross.

Alcohol is basically sugar :afro: (sorry sorry sorry :sad:)

At the end of October, Homeplus had another German brand for 1000 won/500 ml can. I don't remember the brand, but it was in a yellow can with a coat-of-arms type logo.

It was decent beer, and its availability coincided with a dinner party I was hosting.  It was well enjoyed.

I've not seen these Homeplus German-made beers you speak of, but I have tried the L brand ones. I buy them fairly often. I'm just not sure if I should trust them. There's just something sketchy about (even a generic brand) beer imported from an advanced economy like Germany, tasting better than the domestic beer here, and able to beat them on price as well.  I feel like I'm missing something.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1367 on: December 07, 2016, 04:42:55 PM »
Sometimes buyers get a deal on things.  Canceled orders, liquidations, etc.

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1368 on: December 08, 2016, 07:30:06 AM »
I've not seen these Homeplus German-made beers you speak of, but I have tried the L brand ones. I buy them fairly often. I'm just not sure if I should trust them. There's just something sketchy about (even a generic brand) beer imported from an advanced economy like Germany, tasting better than the domestic beer here, and able to beat them on price as well.  I feel like I'm missing something.

There are quite a few cheap 'German' looking beers that are actually made by Lotte and other Korean companies and brewed in Korea.  So extra care needed.  I was disappointed to see that.  More of a red wine man myself.  In Lotte Mart, you can pick up Tanupa Carmenere from Chile for 7500 won.  Nice.  Amazed at the ridiculous price that some wine is priced at here.  Unreal.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1369 on: December 08, 2016, 07:41:26 AM »

There are quite a few cheap 'German' looking beers that are actually made by Lotte and other Korean companies and brewed in Korea.  So extra care needed.  I was disappointed to see that.  More of a red wine man myself.  In Lotte Mart, you can pick up Tanupa Carmenere from Chile for 7500 won.  Nice.  Amazed at the ridiculous price that some wine is priced at here.  Unreal.

The ones that I had were product of Germany, and the Korean labels were added to a multi-lingual packaging.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #1370 on: December 08, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »
Sometimes buyers get a deal on things.  Canceled orders, liquidations, etc.

Yeah, but these are always cheap and always in stock.

These beers say 'Made in Germany' right on them. Hear, hear for cheap wine, Herr Stepz! but I trust some of them just about as much as I do these 'German' beers.

The ones that I had were product of Germany, and the Korean labels were added to a multi-lingual packaging.

And these L beers lack that Korean labeling sticker, which makes me think they were produced specifically for the Korean market. And the letter L is highly correlative with Lotte 'round these parts.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:51:43 AM by donovan »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1371 on: December 08, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »
I figured out a tricky way to help motivate me to keep my apartment (relatively) clean: Host movie nights!

In related news, I really gotta clean my apartment tonight  :laugh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1372 on: December 08, 2016, 08:20:31 AM »
I figured out a tricky way to help motivate me to keep my apartment (relatively) clean: Host movie nights!

Yes.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1373 on: December 08, 2016, 08:52:31 AM »

UGH I KNOW HAHA I sometimes get friends who ask me kind of last minute (the day before) if they can stay at my place and I'm simultaneously glad and panic-stricken. I need it to happen more often though so that my place will actually stay clean. :laugh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #1374 on: December 08, 2016, 09:18:43 AM »
Consider hosting a weekly card game or something.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1375 on: December 08, 2016, 09:23:29 AM »
Consider hosting a weekly card game or something.

That's a good idea. I'm so lazy and anti-social that I actually forgot I could do something about it ahahahaha

Offline blazaforest

• Waygookin
« Reply #1376 on: December 08, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »

UGH I KNOW HAHA I sometimes get friends who ask me kind of last minute (the day before) if they can stay at my place and I'm simultaneously glad and panic-stricken. I need it to happen more often though so that my place will actually stay clean. :laugh:

I have to make that age old decision today, to leave/renew/transfer, and while my 3-way pro/con list is a cluster-**** of delights and terrors, the prospect of being in the position to have people crash at mine, has me leaning towards a transfer. A.k.a. to somewhere near my friends, where I can host dinner parties, and movie nights, and Cards Against Humanity arguments over hot toddies.

How else am I going to have the motivation to keep my apartment clean, and what else am I supposed to do with all these duvets, if not to burrito my tired and drunk friends in anticipation for tomorrow morning's coconut waffles?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1377 on: December 08, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »

I have to make that age old decision today, to leave/renew/transfer, and while my 3-way pro/con list is a cluster-**** of delights and terrors, the prospect of being in the position to have people crash at mine, has me leaning towards a transfer. A.k.a. to somewhere near my friends, where I can host dinner parties, and movie nights, and Cards Against Humanity arguments over hot toddies.

How else am I going to have the motivation to keep my apartment clean, and what else am I supposed to do with all these duvets, if not to burrito my tired and drunk friends in anticipation for tomorrow morning's coconut waffles?

blazaforest, you're invited to movie night! haha

I want some coconut waffles and someone to roll me up in a burrito

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Aku romantis tanpa harapam
« Reply #1378 on: December 08, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »

LUBE

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1379 on: December 08, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »

LUBE

you caught me, CO2. I was propositioning blazaforest for some freaky lesbian sex  :evil: :laugh: