December 16, 2017, 03:37:01 AM

Author Topic: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD  (Read 207546 times)

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
Re: RAVING/HAPPY SH!T MEGATHREAD
« Reply #1280 on: November 17, 2016, 10:03:27 AM »
Ahhh late start at school today so slept in and pottered about before leaving home.

Nice, leisurely stroll in some beautiful fall weather on the way to school, too. Stopped in to grab a fresh piping hot coffee 'cause the shops were actually OPEN... get to school and all third grade classes are cancelled. God bless 수능날  ;D :afro:
I was hoping I would get to reap the benefits of that, but all my grade three classes are on Monday and Friday.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
  • 인생 뭐있냐?
« Reply #1281 on: November 17, 2016, 10:11:48 AM »
Ahhh late start at school today so slept in and pottered about before leaving home.

Nice, leisurely stroll in some beautiful fall weather on the way to school, too. Stopped in to grab a fresh piping hot coffee 'cause the shops were actually OPEN... get to school and all third grade classes are cancelled. God bless 수능날  ;D :afro:
I was hoping I would get to reap the benefits of that, but all my grade three classes are on Monday and Friday.

I know I'm pretty lucky today, but usually Thursdays are rough. Four classes of third grade middle school boys and one class of third grade girls (who are angels, mind you  :angel:), but those boys make me ponder the future of this brave nation  :sad:

Good luck to you HaLo3  :cheesy:

Offline welcomebackkotter

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1282 on: November 17, 2016, 10:17:08 AM »
Accepted into a CELTA course in Budapest.  I think this makes me happy.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1283 on: November 17, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
Ugh, Morocco, I want to go soooooo bad but it's always outside my reach. Dx
I'm super excited. Been making food lists of what to eat, haha. How come it's out of your reach?

Either I don't have the time or none of my friends can go with me. I'm kind of prepping myself to go alone at this point because it feels like it'll be the only way I can make that trip in the future.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1284 on: November 17, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »

I know I'm pretty lucky today, but usually Thursdays are rough. Four classes of third grade middle school boys and one class of third grade girls (who are angels, mind you  :angel:), but those boys make me ponder the future of this brave nation  :sad:

Good luck to you HaLo3  :cheesy:
Oh then you deserve it. Enjoy your free periods!

Offline Dave Stepz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1285 on: November 17, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »

International House?  I did that ten years ago  :cry: wow, that's a long time  :cry: I loved Budapest  :-[.  You must visit Szechenyi baths when you are there.  They have loads of cool pre-communist bars hidden away everywhere.  Brilliant place!

Offline Whatgook

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1286 on: November 17, 2016, 12:00:16 PM »

International House?  I did that ten years ago  :cry: wow, that's a long time  :cry: I loved Budapest  :-[.  You must visit Szechenyi baths when you are there.  They have loads of cool pre-communist bars hidden away everywhere.  Brilliant place!

Oh yeh check out the ruined bars in the Jewish quarter! Szimpla ber if I recall was my favourite. I second the baths as well, beautiful place for a dip. Have fun!

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1287 on: November 17, 2016, 12:00:32 PM »

Yep, IH.  I don't know how much free time I'm going to have and I fly in and out pretty close to the start and end dates - damn that week in Feb we have to be in school!!!  But I'll put Szechenya baths on the list to check out on a weekend afternoon.  Is it still good to visit in winter? Thanks, does sound and look awesome.

Offline sunflowerxoxo

• Adventurer
« Reply #1288 on: November 18, 2016, 12:51:13 PM »
Coteacher: *new haircut*
Me: did you get a haircut? Your hair is so pretty
Her: *blushes* thank you!

4th grader: *new hair color and curls*
Me: your hair is beautiful
Her: *blushes* thank you, teacher!

4th grader: *helps his friend spell a hard English word*
Me: You're very smart
Him: Haha *blushing and ducking his head* thank you teacher

I love giving compliments. It's so fun and it brightens up people's day in the smallest way. I'm the random girl in the bar passing by people and complimenting them on their outfits/hair/appearances  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1289 on: November 18, 2016, 01:02:45 PM »

I did mine there three years ago and have to agree with everyone, Budapest is so beautiful.

Good luck with the course too!  :smiley:

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1290 on: November 18, 2016, 01:20:50 PM »

I did mine there three years ago and have to agree with everyone, Budapest is so beautiful.

Good luck with the course too!  :smiley:

Oh no, now I'm beginning to regret doing there because I'll have so little time to enjoy it!  If only I could stay for a few days after the course just to relax and see the sights.  I'm hoping I can take a day on the weekends while I am there, but I worry about the workload.  Gah!!

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1291 on: November 21, 2016, 10:08:47 AM »
I'm spending my free periods watching Community.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #1292 on: November 21, 2016, 11:01:17 AM »
Secretary is finally back! I've lost count of how many times she's been in the hospital due to her darn foot but I hope she's back for good! That poor woman

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1293 on: November 21, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »
On the topic of food, and happy things:

I love dolsot bibimbap. Every time I went out for Korean in America I would get either dolsot bibimbap or kimchijjigae. The kimchijjigae at my local kimbap cheonguk is terrible, though, so I always get the dolsot.

But they always fry my egg over hard. It's so frustrating! The best part of eating rice with egg on top is breaking the yolk and mixing it all together!

But yesterday!

They got their shit together and my egg was over easy instead of over hard!

It was amazing!

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1294 on: November 21, 2016, 03:17:18 PM »

I love dolsot bibimbap. Every time I went out for Korean in America I would get either dolsot bibimbap or kimchijjigae. The kimchijjigae at my local kimbap cheonguk is terrible, though, so I always get the dolsot.

But they always fry my egg over hard. It's so frustrating! The best part of eating rice with egg on top is breaking the yolk and mixing it all together!

But yesterday!

It was amazing!

#swaggggggg

That's great news. I don't like dolsot because it's too oily. Do love a fried egg on rice, though.

I'm pretty sensitive to oily food and I don't find it too oily...maybe the way they make it at the places I've been to.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1295 on: November 22, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
I'm spending my free periods watching Community.
Cooool. Coolcoolcool.

I love how fast shipping is here! I ordered some yarn Sunday night and it's looking like it will be here today. :-*

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1296 on: November 22, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »

But yesterday!

It was amazing!

#swaggggggg

That's great news. I don't like dolsot because it's too oily. Do love a fried egg on rice, though.

I'm pretty sensitive to oily food and I don't find it too oily...maybe the way they make it at the places I've been to.

I live in Seoul, so most bibimbap places are garbage. I'm sure it's better outside of Seoul. Here, they just dump oil in the bottom so it doesn't stick to the bowl, and to make the rice extra crackly.
I agree with the bibimbap in Seoul. It's not great. I had in Jeonju, which for whatever reason is famous for it, and it was good there. Also when I had it in Jeolla (somewhere) it was good.

I really like Korean food as a whole. I feel like it's the stereotypical choice, but I love me some 닭갈비.

@flyingspider Who did you order through? I have been thinking about starting ordering groceries through GMarket.

Offline flyingspider

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1297 on: November 22, 2016, 08:58:15 AM »
@flyingspider Who did you order through? I have been thinking about starting ordering groceries through GMarket.
Gmarket! So far it's the only online shopping place I know how to use. I haven't ordered food there yet, but I'm thinking of giving it a try. There is one thing I ordered where it says "Delivered" but I haven't received it yet, so I have to figure that out, but everything else has been wonderfully fast.

Offline HaLo3

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1298 on: November 22, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »
Gmarket! So far it's the only online shopping place I know how to use. I haven't ordered food there yet, but I'm thinking of giving it a try. There is one thing I ordered where it says "Delivered" but I haven't received it yet, so I have to figure that out, but everything else has been wonderfully fast.
I had to fight with a seller once over an item that was listed as delivered but I never got. It took months. Only issue I've really had though.

It seems so odd to me to order groceries online which is why I haven't made the plunge yet.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1299 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:48 AM »
I'll be three years sober this Friday, so I just ordered a new guitar to celebrate. It might even arrive on Thanksgiving day, to boot. That'll be nice, since Thursday is usually my sh!ttiest day at work.  :laugh: