June 23, 2018, 10:28:30 AM

Author Topic: Happy Cannabis Day!  (Read 227 times)

Online SPQR

• Waygookin
Happy Cannabis Day!
« on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:01 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44543286

Yeah, second country in the world to achieve true enlightenment!

Korea to follow suit in 2185.

Online donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
Re: Happy Cannabis Day!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:31:45 PM »
Congratulations, Canada!

I didn't know much about the history of the war on drugs until I read Chasing the Scream: The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to get a bit more clued-up.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »
If only there was some way, I dunno, just to, erm, you know, just to, like, celebrate cannabis day.  I just can't think what it would be. 

Man: 'I got all this for a tenner'
KJE:  'Skin up then!'
Guy Behind:  'I'm on twosies'
The other guy: 'What about cake?'
Guy with hat:  'I'll get some phat choons'

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
This is a step forward, but the way in which my home province at least seems like some bureaucrat who has no idea of how the reality of the situation is. One would think the provinces would take the lessons learned in the Americans states which have already legalized it.

My province set the minimum at $10 a gram. This is fine if the tsunami of pot that will be grown will not affect market conditions. That of course is ridiculous. 10$ a gram is not terrible now, but as supply grows exponentially on both sides of the border, and large corporations get into the game, it will make $10 a gram as intelligent as trying to sell a shitty lager for $5 a bottle. It's almost as like the government, through its ignorance and hubris will form a tandem markets of legal and illegal pot to thrive.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online SPQR

• Waygookin
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 05:02:47 PM »
This is a step forward, but the way in which my home province at least seems like some bureaucrat who has no idea of how the reality of the situation is. One would think the provinces would take the lessons learned in the Americans states which have already legalized it.

My province set the minimum at $10 a gram. This is fine if the tsunami of pot that will be grown will not affect market conditions. That of course is ridiculous. 10$ a gram is not terrible now, but as supply grows exponentially on both sides of the border, and large corporations get into the game, it will make $10 a gram as intelligent as trying to sell a shitty lager for $5 a bottle. It's almost as like the government, through its ignorance and hubris will form a tandem markets of legal and illegal pot to thrive.

Anyone can now grow 3 plants and carry 30g.  So, if you live in a house with three
adults, that's 9 plants.  Get a good yield from each plant, like 100-300g, and that
is 2700g.  Wow three kilos of hydro bliss.

So, you're right.  There may be lots of weed out there.      And I'm here. :(

Offline Kolao

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 08:43:53 PM »
This is pretty cool, man. Not nearly cool enough to make me consider for a microsecond of ever moving back though.
When the wicked are confounded, and consigned to flames of woe, call me.

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/