December 17, 2018, 08:07:40 AM

Author Topic: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0  (Read 1225318 times)

Offline alexisalex

• Veteran
Re: RANTING/VENTING MEGATHREAD 3.0
« Reply #9320 on: December 13, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »
Taxi drivers should be screened so that the chatty are weeded out. It should be only ppl who would rather listen to their music or radio program while ignoring you and driving you safely from Point A to Point B.

Haha couldn't agree more about that!

Online TheEnergizer

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9321 on: December 13, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »
Yesterday at my travel school, my students asked to watch a movie (cause it was after final exams) I said no, because the korean teacher said, you still have to study (which is true).
The students got so angry that they started a small fire in the classroom.
I quickly told them to put it out, and the high level student I was chatting with, yelled the Kor version of what I was saying to them.
Afterwards, I got the Kor teacher, who also grabbed the homeroom teacher, and the boys who done it got in so much trouble, that the other students, including the ones who had nothing to do with it, were so scared, that the class was literally silent all class.

Only 2 more weeks there >.<

More details please!!  How did they start a fire lol  :shocked:

They had a lighter or something, they ripped out pages from their textbook, and used the lighter to burn them.

Lol wtf

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9322 on: December 13, 2018, 08:57:57 AM »
Yesterday at my travel school, my students asked to watch a movie (cause it was after final exams) I said no, because the korean teacher said, you still have to study (which is true).
The students got so angry that they started a small fire in the classroom.
I quickly told them to put it out, and the high level student I was chatting with, yelled the Kor version of what I was saying to them.
Afterwards, I got the Kor teacher, who also grabbed the homeroom teacher, and the boys who done it got in so much trouble, that the other students, including the ones who had nothing to do with it, were so scared, that the class was literally silent all class.

Only 2 more weeks there >.<

More details please!!  How did they start a fire lol  :shocked:

They had a lighter or something, they ripped out pages from their textbook, and used the lighter to burn them.

Lol wtf

That was my thoughts exactly. >.<
Forgot to mention, they tried to cover it all up while I was grabbing the Korean teacher. Using deodorant to try mask the smell of smoke, hiding the lighters, and hiding the burnt paper / throwing it out the window. However, they didn't get enough time, and other students saw where they hid things, so it was easy to find everything.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #9323 on: December 13, 2018, 09:15:45 AM »
Forgot to mention, they tried to cover it all up while I was grabbing the Korean teacher. Using deodorant to try mask the smell of smoke, hiding the lighters, and hiding the burnt paper / throwing it out the window. However, they didn't get enough time, and other students saw where they hid things, so it was easy to find everything.

lmfao, really wish I could be around to witness some of this shit sometimes. But it never seems to happen on my watch, which is kind of funny considering how many students think they can get away with doing stupid BS when it's only the foreign teacher around.

Not sure how those students expected to avoid getting into trouble. Even if they'd managed to hide and destroy all of the evidence, you saw them do it, lmao. What, were they going to claim that you only misunderstood what they were doing?

Worst I've seen so far is students assaulting other students, but I always seem to hear about "big" things happening in my school while I don't happen to be there.

If it's going to happen, I want to see it happen.

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9324 on: December 13, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »

lmfao, really wish I could be around to witness some of this shit sometimes. But it never seems to happen on my watch, which is kind of funny considering how many students think they can get away with doing stupid BS when it's only the foreign teacher around.

Not sure how those students expected to avoid getting into trouble. Even if they'd managed to hide and destroy all of the evidence, you saw them do it, lmao. What, were they going to claim that you only misunderstood what they were doing?

Worst I've seen so far is students assaulting other students, but I always seem to hear about "big" things happening in my school while I don't happen to be there.

If it's going to happen, I want to see it happen.

Exactly! A lot of the students at this school are known for being delinquents too.
Soccer students, that only care about soccer, they are often rude to everyone who is not on the soccer team, including the teachers, and principal.
So if it did come down to a he said, she said thing, I'm confident the school would have had my back. Even if they didn't - other students saw it too.

Yeah, I'd like to see more big things happen too. While, I don't want the students to get hurt or anything, it'd at least be.. fascinating... to see haha.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9325 on: December 13, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »
Taxi drivers should be screened so that the chatty are weeded out. It should be only ppl who would rather listen to their music or radio program while ignoring you and driving you safely from Point A to Point B.
this is true. also, hairdressers, but only because i don't want to talk

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #9326 on: December 13, 2018, 09:40:12 AM »
Yeah, I'd like to see more big things happen too. While, I don't want the students to get hurt or anything, it'd at least be.. fascinating... to see haha.

I just want to be a school "war" veteran with stories so high in the fuckery that people would swear I was making them up. I want to have that one story that trumps them all in a "one-up" story battle.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:42:06 AM by Chinguetti »

Online Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9327 on: December 13, 2018, 09:41:14 AM »

I just want to be a school "war" veteran with stories so high in the fuckery that people would swear I was making them up. I want to have that one story that trumps them all in a "one-up" story battle.

That would also be pretty rad :p

Online SeoulAlone

• Veteran
« Reply #9328 on: December 14, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
I've never had so many colds in my entire life!  Back in the States, I've had two colds... two!  And that's including infancy.  Here, I'm going on #5.  I just got over a cold and now I have another one.  Most of my kids are better at covering their mouths and noses when they cough or sneeze.  Not my CoT's...  they just spew every where... dang it!   :cry:

Online AnnaW

• Waygookin
« Reply #9329 on: December 14, 2018, 01:16:40 PM »
I only have one good horror story. At a school I taught at in Japan I caught a kid with a shank. This was a rural school and we had a lot of trouble with kids injuring others. Students and teachers sent to the hospital.

He had taken a box cutter apart and took out the blade. He then attached a paper handle to the end of it. Think of him turning it into a big knife. He then made a sheath for it out of paper as well. When I first saw it I thought it was just a paper "sword". Then during class he opened it up and started playing with it. I walked right up to him and told him to give it to me. I waited until he did then I walked away. My CT was teaching at the time. She was like what's up? I said we will talk about it later. After class I showed it to her and she didn't really care. So I took it to my other CT (the VP of the school). She was shocked and had some words with that kid.

I got yelled at by my company for putting myself in danger, but honestly I had this kid for 2 years. I was not afraid of him and knew he wouldn't hurt me. I had made friends with most of them because I am a country girl. I would happily chase them with frogs during recess. Tried to give me a "present"....I think it is cute. Want to play?
Still probably not the brightest moment.

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9330 on: December 14, 2018, 03:19:19 PM »
It seemed like today everyone just forgot that doors can also be closed. I can't even count how many times I've stood up to close the door so my legs wouldn't freeze in this office. Students and teachers alike :huh:
The World Ends With You

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #9331 on: December 14, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
Such a waste of energy.

Which contributes to global warming and air pollution.

Shut those doors quickly!

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #9332 on: December 15, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
I watched the first episode of “The Romanoffs” on Prime, and really enjoyed it. The characters are well developed.

... but it turns out that it is an anthology, so I don’t get to spend any more time with these new friends!

:(