September 25, 2018, 03:19:41 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 772024 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #6280 on: September 21, 2018, 11:46:14 AM »
I always think it's super cute whenever I see kids poking their heads outside doorways.

I'm all like, "WTF YOU LOOKING AT GET BACK IN YOUR CLASSROOM!" But inside I'm just d'aaaaaaww.

#shownoweakness #lifeishard

Do you ever just not have the energy to say words, even to students you like? Sometimes they'll run up and be all "TEACHER TEACHER HELLO HI HI HI!" and I'm thinking 'yes, it's nice that you're saying hello, but also I'm exhausted from trying to teach you and your peers' and you just kind of give them an "응"?

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #6281 on: September 21, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
Sometimes, I have to question what goes through some Korean peoples's mind when it comes to cars.  I live in a large apartment complex which has a large underground car park.  There are fifteen blocks and there are 20+ floors to each block so you can imagine how many cars must need to be parked in the underground car park.  There are two entrance/exits out of the car park.  There is this one car and they park in the most ridiculous place in the entrance/exit of the car park every day.  The disruption this one car causes is ridiculous, not to mention how dangerous it is.  He's been 'stickered', there has been announcements over the apartment tannoy saying they'll tow his car if he doesn't move it, he's been called numerous times and told not park in the entrance, but he still does it.  Yesterday, the car was parked there.  Today, the car was there again, so I parked up and went to the 경비 guy and complained that he parked there again and he knew exactly which car it was and called to the main office to call the guy again.  So this 경비 guy picked up his warning stickers and went off to give him another one, and I went off to work.  What is the point of giving him another sticker?  'Don't park there!' 'Ok we told you before, don't park there!' 'Listen, we've already told you, don't park there' 'Hey, not sure if you remember, but we told you not to park there' 'You parked there again, we're giving you a warning, don't park there again' 'Here's another warning, don't park there!' 

I understand if you pay your apartment fees that you should have a right to a parking space, but Koreans have a lot of cars and throughout the car park, people who finish work late have parked in strange places, but not really blocking others and did so in other parts of the car park that has a little traffic.  To continually park in the entrance/exit when you've been told not to, is just beggars belief.  What a cuunt.  Seriously.

I literally don't understand how some people have absolutely zero concept of being a decent human being as far as vehicles are concerned. Like, for the most part, people in our apartment follow the parking rules and stuff, and like you said, late at night sometimes you'll see cars kind of tucked away where they technically shouldn't be, but it's not hurting anything.

And then you'll see people literally just not giving a dang and parking like, right in the middle of some place they shouldn't. And there aren't an repercussions for this. I forget where, but I read that on apartments, it's considered private property, so there's no traffic laws that are applicable to these people, and the apartment complex doesn't have the authority to issue fines, so people are at the mercy of calling the person's dashboard number, or you're donked.

Park somewhere once badly, get a sticker and then realise that maybe you shouldn't park there again, so don't.  That would be your normal rational person.  People (adults) who park somewhere badly and then are told not to, but do it again, get another warning, then again do the same thing and then told again and again not to do it.  But then carry on doing it are either stubborn or selfish or just completely fooking stupid, or all of them.

I can kind of see that apartments are private property, but the disabled spots have those signs saying you'll get fined for parking there, so almost always no one other than the disabled badge holders park there. 

I'm not up for the vigilante stuff as there are cameras all over the car park.  My idea would be to buy a really shit, cheap car, anonymously.  Dress in overalls, and wear a cap and gloves.  Crash into his car when it is parked there.  Drive off and then dump the shit car nearby.  Undress from my overalls, showing that I'm wearing a nice suit.  Torch my gloves and hat. Get into my posher car that is parked there. Drive back to the apartment car park and while that cuunt is there staring at his car and crying about it, just drive slowly past him.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6282 on: September 21, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »
Sometimes, I have to question what goes through some Korean peoples's mind when it comes to cars.  I live in a large apartment complex which has a large underground car park.  There are fifteen blocks and there are 20+ floors to each block so you can imagine how many cars must need to be parked in the underground car park.  There are two entrance/exits out of the car park.  There is this one car and they park in the most ridiculous place in the entrance/exit of the car park every day.  The disruption this one car causes is ridiculous, not to mention how dangerous it is.  He's been 'stickered', there has been announcements over the apartment tannoy saying they'll tow his car if he doesn't move it, he's been called numerous times and told not park in the entrance, but he still does it.  Yesterday, the car was parked there.  Today, the car was there again, so I parked up and went to the 경비 guy and complained that he parked there again and he knew exactly which car it was and called to the main office to call the guy again.  So this 경비 guy picked up his warning stickers and went off to give him another one, and I went off to work.  What is the point of giving him another sticker?  'Don't park there!' 'Ok we told you before, don't park there!' 'Listen, we've already told you, don't park there' 'Hey, not sure if you remember, but we told you not to park there' 'You parked there again, we're giving you a warning, don't park there again' 'Here's another warning, don't park there!' 

I understand if you pay your apartment fees that you should have a right to a parking space, but Koreans have a lot of cars and throughout the car park, people who finish work late have parked in strange places, but not really blocking others and did so in other parts of the car park that has a little traffic.  To continually park in the entrance/exit when you've been told not to, is just beggars belief.  What a cuunt.  Seriously.

I literally don't understand how some people have absolutely zero concept of being a decent human being as far as vehicles are concerned. Like, for the most part, people in our apartment follow the parking rules and stuff, and like you said, late at night sometimes you'll see cars kind of tucked away where they technically shouldn't be, but it's not hurting anything.

And then you'll see people literally just not giving a dang and parking like, right in the middle of some place they shouldn't. And there aren't an repercussions for this. I forget where, but I read that on apartments, it's considered private property, so there's no traffic laws that are applicable to these people, and the apartment complex doesn't have the authority to issue fines, so people are at the mercy of calling the person's dashboard number, or you're donked.

Park somewhere once badly, get a sticker and then realise that maybe you shouldn't park there again, so don't.  That would be your normal rational person.  People (adults) who park somewhere badly and then are told not to, but do it again, get another warning, then again do the same thing and then told again and again not to do it.  But then carry on doing it are either stubborn or selfish or just completely fooking stupid, or all of them.

I can kind of see that apartments are private property, but the disabled spots have those signs saying you'll get fined for parking there, so almost always no one other than the disabled badge holders park there. 

I'm not up for the vigilante stuff as there are cameras all over the car park.  My idea would be to buy a really shit, cheap car, anonymously.  Dress in overalls, and wear a cap and gloves.  Crash into his car when it is parked there.  Drive off and then dump the shit car nearby.  Undress from my overalls, showing that I'm wearing a nice suit.  Torch my gloves and hat. Get into my posher car that is parked there. Drive back to the apartment car park and while that cuunt is there staring at his car and crying about it, just drive slowly past him.

You could also confront him. It may just work. If he continues, maybe always put stuff around his car, like cheap bikes. Get like 10 bikes from the junk yard and put them around his car. :shocked:

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6283 on: September 21, 2018, 12:35:02 PM »

You could also confront him. It may just work. If he continues, maybe always put stuff around his car, like cheap bikes. Get like 10 bikes from the junk yard and put them around his car. :shocked:

I can't wait to read how steelrails spins this into a "unique situation" kind of post: Maybe his uncle has no legs, so he needs to be carried to the car" type bullsheet.

I go to 1 apartment that had a 2 way system, i say had, because even with the installing of fixed orange cones to block certain ares, people park where they please, by the walls, in the passage ways, in the concourse areas, and as such it is a 1 way loop.  but hey, they are not selfish...oh wait, they are beyond selfish, they are cuunts!!!!!

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #6284 on: September 21, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »

Better than that, I'll just put his car in jelly, every time he parks there.

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6285 on: September 21, 2018, 01:07:28 PM »
Do you ever just not have the energy to say words, even to students you like? Sometimes they'll run up and be all "TEACHER TEACHER HELLO HI HI HI!" and I'm thinking 'yes, it's nice that you're saying hello, but also I'm exhausted from trying to teach you and your peers' and you just kind of give them an "응"?

Happens a lot, actually. Socially speaking, I get drained easily and need to recharge a lot between classes.

Middle school kids can basically tell when I'm a ghost for the most part, though, and they try to give my space whenever they see me floating around.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:14:04 PM by Chinguetti »

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6286 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »

Happens a lot, actually. Socially speaking, I get drained easily and need to recharge a lot between classes.

Middle school kids can basically tell when I'm a ghost for the most part, though, and try to give my space whenever they see me floating around.

Must be nice.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6287 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »

Park next to him, so close he cannot open his doors.  Make HIM have to approach the attendant for help.  Then the attendant can tell him in person to bot be so korean selfish.

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6288 on: September 21, 2018, 01:15:56 PM »
There's a window above the seated toilet in the teacher's restroom -- it's kept open throughout the day, I'm pretty sure 24/7. It's raining right now, but that usually doesn't matter because he window opens out like an awning, and rain normally can't make it in.

Well today I guess the wind wanted to be an acrobat, so water got sprayed all over the toilet seat, and when I sat down, oblivious to the oncoming fallout, it felt like I was living at home with my brother again.

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #6289 on: September 21, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »
There's a window above the seated toilet in the teacher's restroom -- it's kept open throughout the day, I'm pretty sure 24/7. It's raining right now, but that usually doesn't matter because he window opens out like an awning, and rain normally can't make it in.

Well today I guess the wind wanted to be an acrobat, so water got sprayed all over the toilet seat, and when I sat down, oblivious to the oncoming fallout, it felt like I was living at home with my brother again.

At least it's pure sky piss and not filthy human sibling piss.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6290 on: September 21, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »

Haha that is quality. I say that time and time again when I'm driving around here or when someone parks 2mm from your driver side door and you just stand there for couple minutes thinking have these people really parked like that? Do they have any consideration for others?
There is an Audi or something that parks on the side of the car park where you pull out so it blocks the view of the road when you're driving out. Obviously some other people with brain cells and frustrations like my own complained about the car. The next day there was a big orange cone with the do not park here writing on it. What did the Audi driver do? Park on the exact same spot on the other entrance/exit end of the car park. I feel like putting a shot put through his window every time I walk past or just letting my handbag catch his door as I walk past.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6291 on: September 21, 2018, 01:21:14 PM »
I can't wait to read how steelrails spins this into a "unique situation" kind of post: Maybe his uncle has no legs, so he needs to be carried to the car" type bullsheet.
ch it is a 1 way loop.  but hey, they are not selfish...oh wait, they are beyond selfish, they are cuunts!!!!!

Tino doesn't own a car but I too wait with great anticipation for his defensive argument.  :police:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:24:07 PM by AvecPommesFrites »
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.