October 18, 2018, 12:58:51 PM

Author Topic: Is this forum dying?  (Read 13455 times)

Offline Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
Re: Is this forum dying?
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »
Seems quieter than ever before here.

I know its a holiday but still it seems waygook has suddenly dropped a few notches recently?

Catch my drift?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
Seems quieter than ever before here.

I know its a holiday but still it seems waygook has suddenly dropped a few notches recently?

I think you've answered your own question. Most people on here work at public schools so it's quiet at the weekend and on national holidays. I'm freelance so can be working/idle at any time. Though maybe a few people left around PPTgate.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:13:06 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2017, 05:03:09 PM »
I wonder when the last lesson/ppt/game was uploaded to this site?

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 08:53:02 AM »
I wonder when the last lesson/ppt/game was uploaded to this site?

2 days ago.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »
The forum has certainly slowed down a few notches since the whole stealing everyone's content and pretending they didnt thing happened.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »
The forum has certainly slowed down a few notches since the whole stealing everyone's content and pretending they didnt thing happened.

There are, however, fewer network time-outs.

:)

Offline jejujohn77

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2017, 02:59:07 AM »
It's slowing down not dying.  There are some newer upstart sites.  But, I'm not sure if they have overtaken this one.  Some have also gone back to Dave's for non job related chatting and job searches too.  The upstart are probably more related to actual teaching though. 

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 09:58:11 AM »
The problem you have is that only the degenerates post. A lot of the casual posters with a bit of banter get fed up with the mods and leave. You also have to bear in mind that most provinces have their own Facebook groups that answer most things so why post here? Again that brings us back to the degenerates posting their dribble on here all day everyday. I mean, not everyone is into turning a mass shooting into a casual racism post and what not.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
The problem you have is that only the degenerates post. A lot of the casual posters with a bit of banter get fed up with the mods and leave. You also have to bear in mind that most provinces have their own Facebook groups that answer most things so why post here? Again that brings us back to the degenerates posting their dribble on here all day everyday. I mean, not everyone is into turning a mass shooting into a casual racism post and what not.

Wow, you are a sensitive person to complain about this in 2 different threads.

Online grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »
Got to stay on narrative, I suppose.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Online gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

"a bit of banter" :undecided:

Usually the site slows down in terms of activity during long holidays and vacation periods. Most people I know that use the site, only use as a time killer, for lessons, or for news. These days many facebook groups have taken over the news portion, for the most part. That said, the groups I'm in aren't very active at all other than specific questions and big news.

I'm sure some folks have migrated to other sites after the implementation of subscriptions of course.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 10:46:30 AM »
Another reason for the forum dying could be users publishing private messages in threads.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2017, 11:41:13 AM »
Another reason for the forum dying could be users publishing private messages in threads.

Nope, it isn't.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2017, 12:15:01 PM »

It's funny, you seem like the type of person to call someone a "snowflake," but it turns your whole world upset down when you insult another user in my inbox, and I tell them. If you don't want everyone to know something, don't put it on the Internet.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2017, 12:15:51 PM »

Nope, it isn't.

His fucktard bragging about using the hide user function replying to every comment i make. **** off you racist liar.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »

It's funny, you seem like the type of person to call someone a "snowflake," but it turns your whole world upset down when you insult another user in my inbox, and I tell them. If you don't want everyone to know something, don't put it on the Internet.

Actully grass, racist pig got a pm before you did. I think you're a ****. happy?

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »

Actully grass, racist pig got a pm before you did. I think you're a ****. happy?

Have you tried doing yoga? You seem tense.  :wink:

Also, rule of civilized arguments: you lose all credibility and just seem hysteric when you start name calling.

Maybe we should move this discussion to PMs. I may post it though.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 12:24:50 PM »

Also, rule of civilized arguments: you lose all credibility and just seem hysteric when you start name calling.

I don't argue with idiots. I'm sure you know the expression. You wanted me to say what I felt in public. So I'll reiterate, I think you're a ****.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 12:28:21 PM »

I don't argue with idiots. I'm sure you know the expression. You wanted me to say what I felt in public. So I'll reiterate, I think you're a ****.

And I think you're someone who's not happy with life, so you've decided to take out your frustrations online with a sense of anonymity to make people feel as miserable as you are.

But you shouldn't be miserable because this conversation has brought me joy.  :laugh: I don't even feel the desire to report you because I'm genuinely enjoying myself.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:51 PM »

And I think you're someone who's not happy with life, so you've decided to take out your frustrations online with a sense of anonymity to make people feel as miserable as you are.

But you shouldn't be miserable because this conversation has brought me joy.  :laugh: I don't even feel the desire to report you because I'm genuinely enjoying myself.

So you're a physcologist as well as a grass. Sweet. I don't think you'll have to worry about me reporting you. I'm not a grass.